Root rot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melnick

Reaction score
I finally figured out why my plants are hurting. I open up my box and the smell almost knock me down. I did some research and found out I have root rot. I will do a flush, but I need to know what else I can do for my plants. Thanks.

let 'um dry out... root rot is caused by too much watering

I use a hydro unit. I just fill it up to the top. Is there a rule on how much water to use.

..."OH"... I'm hydro-ignorant. One of the water farmers is gonna have to jump in.

A little H2O2 will kill everything in your res... harmful and beneficial. Once root rot rears it ugly head, that is the only way I know of to aid the cure. Ugh... It's been a while since hydro, but I think I administered 2 tbs per gallon and added a tbs every day or so. (3% solution)

I knew peroxide would help, but had no idea what dillution.. :)

Melnick said:
I use a hydro unit. I just fill it up to the top. Is there a rule on how much water to use.

What kind of hydro are you doing?

I am using a PC planter. Small 2 plant system. I removed most of the dead roots and sanitizes the small reservoir and added H2O2 and all the nutes. It’s out of my hands. I noticed good roots trying to make their way down. All I can do now is pray or in my case chant. Whatever works.

Latest posts

Back