Another Big Pot Field Found

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FruityBud

Reaction score
[FONT=Verdana, Times New Roman, Times, Serif]The Harnett County Sheriff's Office has busted another marijuana growing operation.

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Times New Roman, Times, Serif]The marijuana field, with an estimated 5,000 plants, was found on Cool Springs Road off U.S. 421 west of Lillington within three miles of a 50,000-plant grow operation discovered last month, also on Cool Springs Road.

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Times New Roman, Times, Serif]According to standard estimates of $2,400 each, the plants have a potential street value of $12 million.

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Times New Roman, Times, Serif]Harnett County Sheriff Larry Rollins said his deputies had been working the case for a considerable time, but would not specify how long.

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Times New Roman, Times, Serif]"This has been an ongoing investigation," Sheriff Rollins said. "We've had it under observation for quite some time.

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Times New Roman, Times, Serif]"We found campsites, we saw where they've been living in there with food and water and tents," he said. "Unfortunately, we haven't had anybody come in (the field)."

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Times New Roman, Times, Serif]Sheriff Rollins said the field was discovered shortly after the larger bust, this time by Aerial Reconnaissance Inc., a private company out of the Charlotte area.

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Times New Roman, Times, Serif]Though his office routinely utilizes Highway Patrol and National Guard helicopters to search for marijuana fields, Sheriff Rollins said they are not available nearly often enough.

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Times New Roman, Times, Serif]The Charlotte company was able to cover the entire county for $3,000.

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Times New Roman, Times, Serif]"I was concerned as to whether we had any more operations because we've got so many rural and desolate areas still in Harnett County," Sheriff Rollins said. "That's why I decided it would be worth our efforts to get this private firm in here to do our entire county."

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Times New Roman, Times, Serif]Sheriff Rollins said it is possible this operation is connected to the earlier bust.

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Times New Roman, Times, Serif]"It's very similar to that other operation. It could even be some of the same people," he said. "Again, it appears to be the Mexican-type operation. We found bags and bags of tortillas at this one and other items that suggests that."

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Times New Roman, Times, Serif]While his men had staked out the area in an attempt to arrest the operators, Sheriff Rollins said the fact that no one came into the field is not surprising.

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Times New Roman, Times, Serif]A 40-year veteran narcotics deputy, Sheriff Rollins said more often than not, operators go uncaught.

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Times New Roman, Times, Serif]The investigation, he said could have been compromised in any number of ways, from the operators noticing the aerial reconnaissance to small traps set up that indicate someone has been that way.

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Times New Roman, Times, Serif]"It's as simple as taking a piece of thread and tying it across a path ... fallen twigs can be set," Sheriff Rollins said. "There's a lot of methods, a lot of ways and you'll never know yourself that you've set them off sometimes.

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Times New Roman, Times, Serif]"The main point on this one is I want the public to know the fact that we have put a concerted effort in attempting to apprehend these guys," he said.[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Times New Roman, Times, Serif]

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Times New Roman, Times, Serif]The sheriff said the plants would be destroyed today; he did not elaborate.

[/FONT]hxxp://tinyurl.com/6sajxb

I do see that, I am quite happy no one is arrested, I am suprised that mp know about this even these is my friends!!

but but that is red hair strands and omg i cant think right now, since they found these spots growls

he said it will be destroyed yeah sure, leos contraband them to use it on us
thats how they destroy our stuff and destroy us!

they couldnt ask us to grow, they couldnt ask us to get along, they couldnt ask us for a friggin paper and lighter? he asked lighter and paper from his trusty leos cant they think, it will be hard way next time

Kludge said:
... but he did ask for a lighter and some rolling papers.

I think Sherriff Rawlins is in on it...He knows way to much about how Mexicans grow..lol..

Latest posts

Back