Police find $4 million marijuana cash crop in Scott County field

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FruityBud

Reaction score
An estimated $4 million worth of marijuana plants were rounded up Wednesday as part of an eradication operation conducted by the Scott County Sheriff’s Office and members of the Southwest Virginia Drug Task Force.

Virginia State Police also assisted with the operation.

The bust, which took place in the Fairview community, yielded 1,444 plants between 6 inches and 6 feet tall, Scott County Sheriff John Puckett said.

“We haven’t seen this many plants in Scott County,” he said. “Most of the ones we come across are 50 or 100 plants in a patch, so this one is the biggest that I have seen.”

Puckett said his office began surveillance on the area about a month before making their move.

The plants were located on private property that had been clear-cut over a year ago, he said.

While there are no current suspects, Puckett said the owners of the land, who live in Kentucky, aren’t suspected of any wrongdoing.

“It’s still under investigation, so hopefully we’ll be able to catch whoever was doing this,” Puckett said. “So far this year we’ve been able to catch most of them that have been planting the pot we’ve found.”

Although it was the largest, Wednesday’s bust wasn’t the first one of the week for the sheriff’s office.

Around 1 a.m. Monday sheriff’s deputies arrested Warren Doug Brickey after a search of his residence at Box 7400, Route 72, near Fort Blackmore yielded two pounds of marijuana, along with hydrocodone and Percocet pills.

Baggies, scales, a .22-caliber rifle and $300 in cash were also discovered.

“We got some information that he was growing marijuana and might be selling some Monday,” Puckett said. “So we went to his house late Sunday night. We asked if we could come in, and he let us. Once we got inside, you could smell the marijuana really strong.”

Puckett said the marijuana was better quality than what is usually found, consisting mainly of the flowering “buds” of the plant.

Brickey was charged with maintaining a house of common nuisance, possession of Schedule II and III drugs, possession of marijuana with intent to distribute, and possession of a firearm while possessing narcotics.

Brickey, whose bond was set at $4,500, was sent to the Duffield Regional Jail.

hxxp://tinyurl.com/6f54f8

Brickey was charged with maintaining a house of common nuisance,

man i love my commonwealth state.
this law was probably enacted by the House of Burgesses around 1765.
we got laws on the books older than the united states itself. i love it!!!!!!!!

FruityBud said:
“We got some information that he was growing marijuana and might be selling some Monday,” Puckett said. “So we went to his house late Sunday night. We asked if we could come in, and he let us. Once we got inside, you could smell the marijuana really strong.”

this dude just let them in? no warrant? no warrant = no entry. i would suggest that people know who's at your door before opening it up. of course if theres children, this isn't always possible.

Latest posts

Back