Leaf High

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackie54

Reaction score
A couple days ago I picked a hand full of the big leaves off my healthy plants to dry an see what kind of a high I would get I got a can,t keep my mouth shut kinda high. It lasted for about 3-4 hours an I started to mellow out. I didn't think that the leaves had enough THC in them to get you high, any feedback.

I make bubble hash from the fan leaves all the time and I get plenty of hash. There is definitely resin on the fan leaves.

I am with grower13. The mind is pretty powerful. Unless they were coated in trichomes leaves do not contain enough thc to get you high.

Here is a close-up shot (new USB microscope LOL) of one of my fan leaves. These are only in week 5 of flowering and the buds are just starting to buildup with trics. Still, even this early, you can see trics on the leaves. Granted, it's not much but this is only week 5. When harvest time comes around, these leave will have plenty of trics.

View attachment trics on leaves.jpg

There seem to be 2 kinds of things on the leave. One is the round headed trics that we always see. The others are the little pointy things that look like trics with a pointed head. LOL They are mostly on the edges of the leaves.

What are those?

View attachment Still0022.jpg

those are the capitate gland stems. They'll exude a large bubble of thc as it matures.

I'll try to get another shot of it in a few weeks.

those are the capitate gland stems. They'll exude a large bubble of thc as it matures.

You are so cool 7 g.....You too Hackerman with your new toy...awesomeness.

I would like to see a lab print out of what exactly is in the fan leaves. When i make rso, i don't put in the leaves... and part of me thinks i should.

When I think of all the trics I have thrown away over the decades before the Bubbleman came along.....

I used to have to wrap the leaves and put them in a paper bag with trash and coffee grounds. Wrap the paper bag in a black plastic bad and then find a commercial dumpster to toss it in. I'll bet I have thrown away a pound of hash over the years. LOL

I put it all in the bubble bucket now. If you don't mix it too long, you don't get all the chlorophyll taste from the leaves. I made some last week and it has a nice hashy taste.

I got about 5 grams from 5 ounces of leaves. No buds at all. Not even popcorn. Just fan leaves and some sugar clippings.

there are 3 kinda of trichomes that MJ grows, Ball, Hair and Stalk, the first 2 are quite self explanitory and the stalk is basically a hair with a ball on the tip, these stalk trichomes are the ones we are after since they contain thc, the ball and hair trichs contain some but no where near the amounts the stalks contain. and based on the amount of hair/ball trichs on those leaves im gonna go with grower13, mind over matter, you may have gotten a slight high but most was more then likely due to the placibo effect. if you really want to test out your bud dont waste your time with leaves, cut a small bud from the lower section of the plant and dry/taste test that, it will be far more worth your time and will give you a much better idea of what yah got then the leaves ever will...

I took some leaves and used my cigarette rolling machine and a tube with filter to roll some marijuana cigarettes.

The taste was not real bad but I use a good quality Turkish tobacco for my cigarettes and compared to that, the leaves were pretty bad tasting. I take them with me to the club where my band plays and I smoke those off and on throughout the night to help me cut down on cigarettes. I probably smoke 4 or 5 of them during the night and I never noticed any buzz from them at all. I don't smoke pot or drink when I play so I would notice if I was getting high.

Leaves are OK for hash..... that's about it.

Very nice. I'll do some experimenting on my next crop. Some of the plants seeded and I'll use those for bubble. I'll soon learn the difference between hash made with leaves and has made with buds.

Still, I'm not tossing 5 grams of hash in the trash. LOL Well worth the 1/2 hour it took to make it.

View attachment hash.jpg

Good payback for time spent. Enjoy.

Not as sweet looking as Multi's but still.... not trash. LOL

The three type of trichomes are: bulbuous (smallest) , sessile (attached directly by its base without a stalk, bigger then bulbuous), and stalked glands( the highest thc %, what we're aiming for :) ).

Remember, the more you know....lol...

I have a pretty good stash of Sativa in jars and a few plants in my current crop seeded pretty heavily so I am going to do some extraction experiments with most of it.

Bubble, tincture, wax, whatever else is available.

I may even see if I can blow myself up trying BHO. LOL

I made my own out of silkscreen cloth and used those for years. Last week I bought a 5 bag set off eBay. I'm not sure what brand they are. The label inside says, "Grow Your Own" and has a website www.hpsgrowlightstore.com.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/15104169122...eName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

They were only $28 with free shipping.

They seem OK quality. I used all 5 bags to test it but I will only use 3 next time I do it.

After I was done, I ran the water through my finest home made screen and got about another gram.

I didn't get much out of the second and fourth bag anyway. Most of it came on the first and 5th bag. The first bag result is a little grainy but the last bag is still pliable. Like I said, not as sweet looking as yours but it packs a pretty good buzz.

Yeah, the 5th bag. All the wet leftover. I dry it and smoke it up. It's great. I know there's no trics on it but I get a great buzz. LMAO j/k

5th, 1st, whatever, it was the 25 micron bag.

I put it all in a 5 gallon bucket and mix it with a paint mixer attachment to my cordless drill. Seems to work OK. I have mixed it too long and the result was pretty bad tasting. I just mix for 5 minutes or less and it seems to do the trick. I looked at the scratch that was leftover under a scope and I didn't see many trics left. Looked pretty clean. I take the skiff from the freezer and put it in the ice water for a few minutes before I mix it.

I'm open to any tips or tricks you want to offer.

Latest posts

Back