Serious Low budget Grow.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

St_Nick

Two_Toke
Reaction score
I kind of wound up playing with an outdoor grow that I started inside back in April. Only one plant but I was trying to get a handle on the soil I had available to me and how plants would react to it. For fertilizer/food I have a pile of horse manure that has composed out and a dirt floor chicken coop that has about an inch of loose material on top of the hardpack floor. My potting soil is from the ground at the edge of the woods & seems to be pretty healthy, the plant I have growing now is almost 2ft and starting to fill out after some aggressive topping.

Can anyone recommend a good mix using only these ingredients? The soil has a good sand content & tends to breath well. I intend to scrog these guys under lights in my grow room. I have 6 beans that are going to be ready to go into the pots today. They showed their little tails this morning!

I don't know much about using compost for nutrients but I will say that if you intend on using soil from outdoors indoors, you will want to bake it in the oven to kind of sterilize it. You don't want to bring things into your indoor grow. I would guess that compost alone would not totally cut it all the way through a grow. Cannabis has some specific needs for it to thrive. Hopefully some peeps with more knowledge and experience on this subject will chime in. Welcome to MP, if we can help you out we will definitely try. Lot of growers here with experience in lots of different grow styles.

Well, I was hoping for an instant response that would alleviate my fears but that really was a lot to ask. I planted 'em in a mix, 25% potting soil, 50% composted horse manure, and 10% each coffee grounds & chicken crap. lets see how they does!

I hope everything was well rotted. Green mojo for your grow.

Thanks for the comments Hamster & Rosebud. I guess I was what you guys call a gorilla grower ? back in the '70's . Something came up and I stopped for 30 some years. Now I'm a chronic pain sufferer & unemployable (well, pretty much, anyway). I have a pension but I'm pretty poor so I decided to try and grow my own. Problem is there are way, waaaayyy to many helicopters in my area. So I decided to take what I remember from back then and combine it with some innovative ideas I got from here & see if I can provide my own pain medication while staying under the radar at the same time.

Thanks for the comments Hamster & Rosebud. I guess I was what you guys call a gorilla grower ? back in the '70's . Something came up and I stopped for 30 some years. Now I'm a chronic pain sufferer & unemployable (well, pretty much, anyway). I have a pension but I'm pretty poor so I decided to try and grow my own. Problem is there are way, waaaayyy to many helicopters in my area. So I decided to take what I remember from back then and combine it with some innovative ideas I got from here & see if I can provide my own pain medication while staying under the radar at the same time.

Gotcha, well we will do our best to help you to become self sufficient.

Latest posts

Back