Nutrients or pests?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks like nute deficiency or ph or both

If it is just the bottom leaf, it may just be a beat up leaf that is very common. Can you take a picture of the whole plant?

I would bet money its the pH being off. What nutrients are you using? do you let them get rained on(I see they are outside)? Do you check the pH of you water/nute solution?

Ewc, Alaskan humus, bat guano and a little seabird guano with kelp and molasses

I would do what ever Hushpuppy says. He knows about ph. Is everything organic you put in there? FFOF is pretty hot soil I don't add anything for 4-5 weeks. If it was me, i would just not feed anything for a week, just plain water, but see what others say.

Ok thx. I just watered with ph water at 6.5. Wondering if one of them could be cal mag? I do use ro water when making my tea.

Plants often get their cal mag from water. RO does not have much of anything in it. You might need to add something with ca and mg in it.

You are doing something that can be quite challenging sometimes. That is mixing prenuted soil/medium with organic nutrients. Sometimes they work well together and sometimes they struggle due to chemical incompatibility. I cant remember if the FFOF is ALL organic or if it has some synthetic nutes, BUT I am less inclined to think pH at this point. Get some Epsom salt and some microbe additive to build your microbe herd in the soil/medium.
Any time you are doing organic, you must take care of the microbe herd first as they are the key to feeding your plants.

On the pH, when you add the Epsom salt, it will buffer the soil pH some which will help. The microbes seem to be happiest when pH is around 6.5 to 6.8 and with the FF soil and RO it may be a little lower than 6.5 in the medium (especially if the microbes aren't well established)

The one plant in the last pic does look like it is getting deficient in magnesium. So the Epsom salt will help that and the rest from getting deficient.

Latest posts

Back