New plant atopped growing and first set turned yellow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SHOT

Reaction score
Hey guys! I started my new grow 5 days ago with 4 plants, 3 of them looks great but there is one that looks yellow and isnt growing anymore. Any solutions?

Growing under 150W hps lamp. 18/6 light hours. Plants are far from the lamp 25cm. Water ph: 6.5. No fertilizers used. Using soil with nutrients N P K

View attachment 20160712_103246.jpg

Your soil looks dense and I see nothing like perlite to help with drainage. Also when starting seeds, you really do not want to use soil with any nutrients in it. What exactly are they planted in?

Actually there is a local soil and i used it in my last grow and it works well for me and the seeds were from a friend. Amd the rating was 100%. Now i dont know why this plant is like this.

Is that soil organic? it looks like it has some cow compost in it. That will fry them like a blowtorch. That soil looks like it may be hot and MJ is very particular, very need specific.

You have to be very careful with "local" soil as well. It may be great soil but if you don't know whats in it (like I did with cow compost and soil one time), you may get lucky and get good results, but the next time it can crash and burn. If they were adult plants that have established roots then it wouldn't be as much an issue because the adults can handle it, but seedlings (and especially seedling roots) are super sensitive.

When you say it is a local soil, just exactly what does that mean? Is it bagged and labeled? Do you know if there is any consistency in the quality and fertilizer content? What is the NPK? Is it the same as you used last time? While you indicated you did not use fertilizer, you did use a soil with fertilizer already in it if it lists a NPK content. And without perlite, I cannot see how it will drain properly.

Also, though we cannot see the entire pot, IMO, it is better to start seeds in something small so tyhat you can control the moisture level better. How large a container did you plant the seeds in?

Hushpuppy yes it has cow compost. should i transplant my plants in a free nuts soil or its too late?
The Hemp Goddess: i changed my soil this time. i talked to the market guy and i asked him if i want to plant some seeds( i didnt said that its MJ) he gave me this bag but its not mentioned the ratio of npk in it... its hard to find these market here to get the perfect soil or perlite. there is a garden near my house, its better to get some soil from it?
i'm using a pot similar to a water cup.
Thanks for your replies.

Shot, those "market guys" know really nothing, he has that soil and he sells that soil. Look for bagged and labelled high quality soil, and buy a bag of perlite which is available in your market. You can use oasis floral foram, the one you find at florists for seed starting, it contains no nutes at all, cut cubes to 2"x2" and poke shallow holes place seeds in and cover the hole with broken oasis, then cover the cubes with some dome to preserve humidity, if it is cold, place cfl's to maintain 25-27 C temps

Latest posts

Back