Seedling issues with pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

solarz

Reaction score
I germinated and planted 9 seeds into jiffy discs on 8/20/08. A week later (8/27/08) i transplanted 7 of the 9 germinated seeds into dixie cups. I am using Precure soil which is a nuetral soil with no added nutes. I have bat guano (10-3-1) and worm castings (1-0-0) but i haven't used any nutes, only straight water. I have the plants in an area that is 1.5ft deep and 3ft long under seven 26w cfls, 4 - 6500K (1600 lumens) and 3 - Soft white (1750 lumens).

The problem i'm having is that one of my plants is starting to spot a little bit and i've looked it up and the closest thing that i've seen to it is either a lack of potasium(k) or manganese(mn). I thought i would get your opinion from the pics that i took today which is day 14 of veg. Any and all opinions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

IMG_0244.JPG

IMG_0243.JPG

IMG_0248.JPG

IMG_0251.JPG

IMG_0250.JPG

Looks like your bigger ones could use a bite to eat. I'd go very lightly on the nutes...... say 1/8 strength or less. jmo.

I have a mixture of the 10-3-1 bat guano(2 tspn) and 1-0-0 worm castings(1 tspn) soaking in a gallon of water, which i plan on feeding them friday. Do you think this will be sufficient for their first feeding with them only being 2 weeks old? Or do you think the mixture i have now would be too much for them?

solarz said:
I have a mixture of the 10-3-1 bat guano(2 tspn) and 1-0-0 worm castings(1 tspn) soaking in a gallon of water, which i plan on feeding them friday. Do you think this will be sufficient for their first feeding with them only being 2 weeks old? Or do you think the mixture i have now would be too much for them?

I think they'll do fine with your tea. Just watch and see how they react to it. Keep reading n growing.......

Overall your ladies look good. Your soil looks wet. Make sure you are not over watering that can cause funky symptoms. Your soil needs to dry out between waterings or you can cause yourself problems. But I do not think you have any problems. MJ is a very resilient plant short of stomping them to death or burning them with gasoline they can come back from alot and yours are not in bad shape at all.

overwatering looks to me, raise the light(s) up is why they are curing and ridging up hard....make sure you have drainholes and check ph of the runoff.

The reason the soil looks wet is because i had just watered them the morning before those shots were taken. I typically let the soil dry out before i do any watering to them, and then i only water them until i see some coming out of the drain holes at the bottom. I'm going to hold off on giving them the tea until tomorrow morning, because i have to go out of town for a few days.

Latest posts

Back