Rain water and water from dehumidifier

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom thumb

Reaction score
I have been using rain water for my plants, I collect it in a rain barrel and then transfer it to a storage container in the garage, it seems to work well, the reason for this is that i live in an area with a high lime content in the water (very hard) and thought rain water would be better, is this ok ? also I have a dehumidifier in my room and i was wondering if the water collected in that is ok for using on the plants again seeing as that's where it's coming from. Thanks in advance. I am reading the guides and can't believe how much there is to learn. Cheers T. Thumb

I don't see a problem using rain water but not sure about using water from your dehumidifier. ;)

I use both just check your PH.
In fact I set up the dehumidifier over a 20 gal barrell and just let it fill.

my plants love the rain water.ive heard negative things about using dehumidifyer water in another thread. i just stick with my bottled distilled water and rain water when i can get it. i dont check the ph for either,matter of fact i dont even own a working ph meter,ive just never needed one.

Latest posts

Back