3 leaf 2 leaf and 1 leaf mutants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4Finger Lid

I have always cloned from a vegging plant until just recently. I took a shot at cloning from a female that had just sent out her first hair and I had a 100% success rate with 8 clones in a bubbler. Rooted in 10 days then they were transfered to 1 gal soil and placed under 18 hours of 250 watt MH for 2 weeks til the roots reached the sides and bottom. They were then transferred to 3 gal containers and put on 12 hours of 800 watts (2x400) of HPS. I am sure they did not go back to a complete veg state before they went back into 12 hour light. They have been in 12/12 now for 2 weeks and they are mutants. Can someone take a look at these pics and tell me what the probable outcome will be? All of the leaves are 3 leaf 2 leaf or 1 leaf. The 5 buckets in the front are the mutants. I kept 3 in veg as future Mothers. This is bagseed
:confused:

Ma1.jpg

Ma2.jpg

i had a plant that i thought was going to be a male cause it was so much taller than my other of the same strain i put it into flower to collect pollen for some breeding and it turned out to be a female so i put her back into veg and i got heaps of 1,2,and 3 leaves with lots of pistils all around still and she is doing great still growing nicely. i have been warned to keep an eye on her because of the stress of going from 18/6 to 12/12 to 18/6 and now back to 12/12 cause i am starting to flower but i have also been told that others have done this with no hermies.so only time will tell now. just keep an eye on them. keep it green

Hi,

Since your clones were from a plant that had triggered into flowering they are re-learning how to veg and they will eventually revert to total veg mode and produce 5 or more bladed leaves depending on their strain. It's only a matter of time and your plants are just fine! ;) I've taken clones from plants that were several weeks into flowering many times and they root fine but can take a month to two months to get back to normal veg growth and they look very wacky until then. I usually wait until I get several new shoots with 5 bladed growth and take new clones and then grow a new mother from one of those to get a normal vegging plant without all the wacky cluttered growth that they get from re-vegging...

Peace!:cool:

Latest posts

Back