looks like rain...help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seaweed

Reaction score
Great Growing Gods,

I'm growing my 1st plant. The tips of the hairs are turning red, stems and leaves starting to turn purple, and buds are covered with a thick dusting of crystals.

This week we are expecting our 1st rain storm and someone told me if I don't bring it inside my crystals will wash off. Not sure about this guys knowledge though. What do you think?

Thanks

They should be fine. It's been very bad around my way for a couple weeks and mine are fine:).

If you have a way to provide some shelter for the plant during a heavy storm, I would do so.
The extra water can flush out the soil nutrients and add weight. Not to mention cause bud rot.

My plant is in a pot so I can move it to a sheltered area. If yours is in the ground, you could cover it with a trash bag like you cover a plant to save it from freezing weather.

Also, tap your plant after a storm to shake off excess water.

I hope that helps.

Thanks, it's in a pot. I didn't figure rain would wash off the sticky icky. If things get real bad i can move it under a tree or something, I have no clear bags.

Thanks again!!!

Latest posts

Back