preparing soil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BudGrower

Reaction score
hi guyz
am preparing soil for the nxt growing so wat am planing to do is make 3 layers

first layer fish
2nd the mud from fish pond
3rd chicken manure

after every layer i put some dirt , then i put some water n cover with plastic to heat the soil and water every 3 days for 2 months

my question would it work or will kill the plants ?

:yeahthat:

And that soil will not drain worth a crap. Make some good smelly bricks.

ozzydiodude said:
IMO that mixture is a waste of time.

hhhhhhhh the thing i have 2 months 2 be able 2 grow outside so i got time, and around 70 kilo of fish ( died in the freeze ) so if its about time i got it
my question will it make a good soil ?

not without a lot of green(grass clippings fresh leaves) and brown(dried leaves straw) vegetation to mix with it and about 1 yr to decompose into a usable compost to mixing into soils.

ozzydiodude said:
not without a lot of green(grass clippings fresh leaves) and brown(dried leaves straw) vegetation to mix with it and about 1 yr to decompose into a usable compost to mixing into soils.

:holysheep::holysheep:, thnx

whew i was smelling that sludge from here---plenty of time to get it right---u don't want to use that pond sludge---many a soil recepie on this site---or u might consider just buying some premixed already in the bag

orangesunshine said:
whew i was smelling that sludge from here---plenty of time to get it right---u don't want to use that pond sludge---many a soil recepie on this site---or u might consider just buying some premixed already in the bag

we dont have such things ( soil in bags ) and IF found it will be very expensive

There are many types of soil and mixes to choose from. When looking for a soil mix there are a few things to consider, pH, drainage and nutrients.

Latest posts

Back