Outdoor Medical Adventure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks sweetman!

So some good news and some bad news.

Bad news is that one of the three big timewarps, showed male. Had to chop him down, was almost 7 feet tall and very busy.

Good news is that the other two are showing me definate white pistols, I feel like its late to show sex, planted them in april, showed sex end of august.... opinions?

The other four that are well into flower are doing great, have not located any pests.

On the two bigger ones I put some metal fencing, the one w/ 2"x4" holes. I tryed it get it around the other two timewarp that just showed me sex,but they are just to big, I would have to create a platform to attach the fence to. So for those I'm rigging a rope from tree to tree, and then off the rope im going to hang like a netting, and hopefully create somekind of support for the buds to grow into / hang on when they get heavy.
I made the big mistake of waiting so long to secure the fence material. Oh well next year.

Its supposed to be el nino this year so, i was thinking of rigging a tarp for the two big texadas, if and when rain comes.

I just gave the four that are well into flower their last dose of vitamins and minerals, a compost tea from a friend of mine. I will wait a week or so and flush them, depending on how the trichomes look.

Will have some pictures to come.

For now take care

caterpillars infestation! so i spoke too soon about no pests. cause im finding caterpillars all over my girls, small ones, i sprayed them w/ neem oil early this morning. will keep inspecting them, and spraying again if i have to. Do i have to be worried about mold gathering on the buds since im spraying it on the flowers?

eww, shame to douse those beauty buds with neem :(

i've never dealt with caterpillars, but i'll assume they're like moth larvae; laying eggs on developing buds, which later hatch what we dub 'bud worms' who eat and crap all in the buds, and make a rotty mess.

yeah you're going to have to heavily examine the tops of all your plants now.(usually they hit the highest buds)
i do recommend to look into a more organic pest control too. might be too late now though. neem is great- in veg. leaves a nasty taste on buds though.

well i guess that sucks, maybe if i rinse them w/ clean water in a day or two it will remove the taste.? I hope i didnt ruin the taste, i didnt spray a tremendous amount.
so your saying the best way to do it is to manually clear all the buds? yikes

Little update:
Finding mildew, bigger catapillars, seeds, and bud rot. Real bummer. I dont know what to do everyone. please any suggestions would be helpful.

I am editing this post. I was very depressed yesterday and distraught when I posted this. I recently sprained my foot. Found some bad news about a family member and not been able to work cause of my foot.

But after a nap and a little herbal medicine I'm feeling much better and more optimistic about my grow. All in all the powder midew is not THAT bad. Worst comes to worst I think ill make some BHO/Bubble/Rosin hash/concentrate with whatever is the worst moldyness.

The seeds are prob a good thing considering I spent a bunch of money on seeds this season.

My friend has a big sprayer with a atomizer on the end of it. He had some organic sesame oil spray. I decided to blast the one plant, the worst mildewy plant that I have.

The other big timewarps I was finding some PM on also, so i blasted them as well, they are just starting to develope flowers so i figured its early enough to blast them good.

I'm assuming its kind of humid here and thats how I'm accumulating the PM. Also I have been watering at dusk because I would think most of the water evaporates in the day time. *smacks head* well duh and if it evaporates i wont get the humidity levels that create the PM. BAD idea to water at dusk. I'm wondering if that might be the sole reason why I'm having such an issue with PM.

Anyways I'm going to hobble back out there and snap some pictures for you.

Be back in a little w/ an photo update.

:peace:

Looking good , there's another bit of ripening before harvest. Nice microscope shots too!!

The big timewarps received a nutrient bath today. Also I trimmed the undergrowth. Not sure what the technique is called. they are roughly two weeks into flower id have to say.

Found a few PM patches on them as well. Treated it with spray , removed and bagged the exposed leaves. Humidity is usally 50-60% here.

I need to get a dehumidifier for my drying station.

Still have not trimmed the bubble, Ice, and perhaps the others are mystery strains.

It seems the moths came and laid a big batch of eggs a while back. Am not finding any new caterpilar growth. I am trimming away the dead spots as they become more visable.

Dang you have some heavy buds there Bios. Sorry to hear all the problems and the ankle. I almost ordered the ice last year, wondered how it would do outside. Outdoor growing is like a box of chocolates, ya takes some chances. What ever happened to those awesome holes? That looked like back braking hard digging right there.

You gonna have a major harvest time, cheers to your cheeba!

thanks tc. The dirt was actually soft there. so digging the holes was not issue.
turns out that mobility would be more important then having them in the ground. had the trash cans laying around anyways.(should have used smart pots) doh!
anticipating harvest season. Should be alot of work. will be processing some bubble hash. Also might extract some with alchohol, and run it through a 0.2. micron filter. i read that that is effective for getting rid of PM.
I think the ice is the one with the mild PM problem.

Bios could you please explain alcohol extraction with .2 filter? I thought all was lost with pm????

Thanks rosebud. Fingers crossed. I am a bit worried though cause today the humidity is at 84% outside ahhhh! hope it dries up.

Sweet man , its a technique I was reading about. Basically you get the extracted product and you put it through another extraction, the 0.2 micron filter. I'm not sure if it works better with one extraction method or not. (c02, ISO,BHO, etc.)
There are aflatoxins in mold, some of them cause certain people w/ lessened immune systems to become very ill or even die. Most people might just get an allergic reaction, or apparently it doesnt even effect some people, probably the most common is the latter of those three options.
Those aflatoxins are not found in PM. So you can filter the moldy nasty taste and flavor out of the extracted material. The method does not get rid of the aflatoxins that live in some of the other more dangerous molds. So I belive the trick is to identify which kind of mold you have.

heres the article that i found.

http://skunkpharmresearch.com/salvaging-moldy-material-2/

So it's been around 85% humidity for about 36 hours and I'm not sure how much longer it will be like this , am thinking until at least tmrw. Any experienced outdoor growers have experience with this.? Should I cut now and get in dehumidified drying room?

It's a fine line. You need at least mostly cloudy trics at minimum or it'll be a waste. Once cloudy it's up to you how long you give them to ripen up. You want more less potent herb, or sacrifice losing some to the elements to push it farther towards ripe. Strain dependent too how long you can control pm before it takes over. I've lost entire couple pound plants in two days, and I've fought it off for weeks. It all just depends.

Latest posts

Back