My first hydro grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what I have read, you dont want the vent fan on a timer. it should be running all the time to vent not only heat, but the gases released by the plant and to draw fresh air over the leaves. I use a passive intake from my basement and vent it outside next to the drier vent. I can feel the pull from the cat flap in the door into the basement as exhaust runs.

The only reason I need that fan is to cool the cooltube. I have a duct tied into the return of my HVAC system that pulls in the tent air at a high rate. From there it is UV sterilized, filtered and then it goes through an airknight. The house does not stink, I dont even need a charcoal filter in the tents.

Under other applications you are spot on, my 2x4x5 veg tent will have the T5 with a totally passive intake setup...which still manages to suck the sides of the tent in.

My flower tent 4x4x7.5 is running a 1000W HPS, 12/12. So I plan on running the vent fan 12 hours 15m a day (leave it on 15 minutes after the light turns off to ensure it is cooled). With the duct pulling air from the tent into my HVAC system I should be ok with air movement....not to mention all the little fans I have running in the tent.

Oh, my apologies....I got to blabbering. Thank you for your input as always, I dont mean to come off like a you know what....text just sometimes cant translate emotion. Green Mojo to you!

I didnt even think of that...I can totally pull that same thing off and eliminate the extra outside vent. Thanks for the idea, lol.

I didnt even think of that...I can totally pull that same thing off and eliminate the extra outside vent. Thanks for the idea, lol.

Just keep in mind that doing it the way I did it, will raise other issues. I do HVAC for a living, so I made all the needed changes to accommodate the grow tents.

PM me if you have questions.

I also do reefer work, but not in HVAC. I work in the bio medical field as a tech...more blast freezers. Thanks

Been a while since I last posted, not much to report during the last 2-3 weeks.

About to chop the bubblegum down tonight.....northern lights still has 1-2 weeks left.

I will take pics tonight and post.

might have a big issue here..

I just checked the trichs, most are 50/50 cloudy/clear. Very few are turning amber.

That is not the issue.......I noticed that inside the main cola, there looks to be cobwebs inside it....not like a spider mite issue, like a moldy web...

what to do? Chop now and hope to save it?

I am also posting this in the sick plants section

sounds like mold, jeez i hate it, there is nothing more you can do but chop the infected bud and remove all the moldy bud and throw it in the garbage, thats it. i use a dehumidifier in the last few weeks of flowering just to prevent that from happening

ugh, thats gonna be half the main cola.

should i chop it too? or let it keep growing. I wouldnt want to let it spread any further

gotta chop it off man, and get some more air flow if u can

budz the thing that sucks with mold is that it hits the big dense buds first. infected bud is as good as garbage. Even with good airflow, with a high rh, mold will build up inside the dense buds. on the bright side, you now managed to grow dense bud. In the climate that i live in, a dehumidifier is indispensable

Thanks guys for the input.

I chopped it last night, I cut out all the areas affected by the mold. I lost a total of about a half of a red dixie cup worth...not nearly as much as I thought at first.

The rest looks wonderful, and yes very very dense....this is my 9th grow overall, and I have never had buds this dense.

It was my fault, I forgot to plug the dehumidifier back on ( I was working in my grow room and the heat was too much, I was sweating badly so I unplugged it so it would stop blowing hot *** air and forgot to plug it back in.)

RH% got up to 66% and it normally hovers around 40%

yeah i must have been hit like 3-4x by it before i learned my lesson to always turn it on at the final phase of flowering. it is good news that you noticed it before it destroyed more bud :aok: i hope that you learn you lesson faster than i did :D

I run my ventilation and my tower fans 24 7 in order to prevent mold, it's always worked for me

Latest posts

Back