Showtime

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldbudnew

Reaction score
Back at it so thought id keep a journal :)

Just about finished my room which is approx 8ft x 8ft and a separate mother room of approx 4ft x 2ft. Setup is 4 600w duel specs, 8 inch fan, carbon filter, couple of oscillating fans, 4 inch ducting drawing in cold air from the eves, all whited out blah blah blah. Will be using 11 liter pots and hand watering. Thinking this time i'll get 34cm (25cm at the base) square saucers under the pots (one under each of course) and bottom feed. Im also toying with the idea of pretty much automating feeds as things progress by running a line to each saucer and putting a pump on a timer. Hand watering 20 6ft plants could become a bit of a chore lol.

Plant numbers undecided but judging by my old grows id say 16-20 at a time. Strain unknown as yet, im getting clones in next week from my brother. I'll keep the best one as a mother and i have some Skunk XL, Money Maker and Somango seeds on their way of which i will also be selecting a mother of each strain.

All mothers will be bonsai and kept under a 250w cfl and i'll only be running one strain into flower at a time.

Its about to get serious :)
NB

sounds like a nice setup i'm in

Ok, no pics but i got 7 beans in root riots as we speak.

3 skunk xl
3 money makers
1 somango

Wish em luck guys :). They all been in for about 12 hours so no news yet. Keeping running to check tho lol. Forgot how nervy it makes me waiting lol.

Clones not coming so its going to take me a fair bit longer till my first harvest :( but sod it, just how it goes i guess.

Made a trip to a hydro store yesterday to get the larger objects as i didnt fancy a pallet of coco etc being delivered lol. Man my spider senses were on high alert with the hydro trip tho :O

Got on google and found the best priced but remotely located shop within 20 miles. It wasnt the cheapest but almost and was nicely tucked away and i could scope the car park and surroundings from a vantage point first. (can you smell my fear).

Before i left home i pulled off my front number plate and tucked it into front window and dashboard so i could totally remove it when i got close to the store. I also modified (black insulation tape) another rear number plate off one of my other cars (changed a few letters) and put sticky velcro tabs on its back and when i got a bit closer to the store i pulled over and stuck it over my cars rear plate. I'm also sporting a full beard these days so i look nothing like i did a few years back.

I know the chances of the store being watched are remote but this boy aint taking no risks! Went in with a small list and got him to bag it all up then i parked up my car by the front door, threw it in and got the hell outa dodge! Drove for a few miles (all the time making sure i not being followed) and pulled over in an outa way spot to pull off the fake rear plate. I then took the long way home making sure to double back on myself a few times lol. Safe to say the rest of my purchases are guna be online!!!!!!!!!!!

I got five 50 liter bags of canna coco pro, twenty 11 liter pots, a 4 way contactor and timer, 5 liter bottles of coco a&b, the root riots plus the usual ph up/down/calibration solutions and some other miscellaneous stuff.

The store dude also threw in quite a few bags of this powdered root stimulant stuff for free. Said its like rhizotonic but better. I'll put the name of it when i go check. Cant remember lol.

So yeah, an exciting and terrifying day all at the same time lol.

NB

Whoa, you got a better chance of getting caught, trying not to get caught.
Driving with altered/ficticious plates would scare the beejeusus out of me.:eek:

Well worth the risk buddy. If my plate was recorded at a grow shop my front door would be off it's hinges before I got home. I've been done for this before.

But yeah it wasn't pleasant and not something I'm repeating anytime soon that's for sure lol.

NB

If you guys live where stopping at a grow shop is enough to have a search warrant issued you should move fast. Is this really the land of the free?

Is this really the land of the free?

Nah it is far from being it from what I hear... I am not in the US and I find it staggering how easy it is to have problems with the law in the US and looking at the statistics, it looks like the police state number 1. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_incarceration_rate

Quote: "In October 2013, the incarceration rate of the United States of America was the highest in the world, at 716 per 100,000 of the national population. While the United States represents about 4.4 percent of the world's population, it houses around 22 percent of the world's prisoners.[1]"

and I have countless American online friends and encounters, and it just seems like it is very more often and more likely to be jailed for some stupid reason over there, and kicking a door off its hinges is done much easier over there than almost anywhere else

No, Dman, it is not really the land of the free. All you have to do is watch the news to know that we have police using Nazi-like tactics and the US incarcerates far too many non-violent people. If you live in a conservative state it is far worse.

I also worry about shopping at a grow store.....but I do not think that altering your license plate is a good thing to do either. Glad you did not get caught, but I would caution you to not do that again. THAT would certainly raise a huge red flag if someone noticed.....and cops do notice things like that.

Freedom isn't free, you have to fight for it.

I have been an ASA and NORML member here is California for many years.
We fought a long time for medical cannabis. I now have a Doctors recommendation and no longer fear the police.

I am thankful I can walk into a dispensary and walk out with clones in public view. I once did so in plain view of the Police. (Boy were they pissed!)

We still have a long way to go in educating the public, the Police and our lawmakers. Change happens slowly but we can win this fight for our freedom if we persist.

Hang in there bro. Maybe I am a dreamer, but I believe we will all be free from fear someday.

Thanks for the concern lol but I'm UK not US. And here, especially with my previous record, been seen at a grow shop would be all they'd need to come bust my ***. Don't get me wrong I've been out of trouble for 5/6 years but I was somewhat of a wrongun to say the least. Having kids chills you out that's for sure lol.

I know the areas and not many of our local cops have ANPR fitted in their cars, only the traffic cops and they stick to the high usage or fast roads. Which naturally I avoided. Like I said it's without doubt not an experience I ever want to repeat lol but it was one I deemed necessary as I was in dire need of supplies and I really didn't want some delivery dude knocking on my door with a pallet of coco and equipment lol.

With any luck it'll have been a one off experience. Certainly hope so lol.

NB

On another note some of my babies are sticking their heads above ground :)

Getting exciting.

NB

Anyone want to weigh in on my best bet for yield? I.e grow Christmas trees or top em and have like 6 main colas? I used to grow trees, 6ft with huge centre colas but the PPP also grew huge side branches too that all filled out. I think part of that was genetics so I don't expect it's going to be so easy with every strain.

My max canopy height before needed to bend etc is 6 ft. That's not to the lights that's with clearance etc so height restrictions are not a huge concern esp given that these strains should naturally stay somewhat shorter than that unless vegged out for ages.

NB

changing one's car plate is a serious offence

If you get caught for growing in the UK you could face up to 14 years in prison. I doubt the penalty for using false plates would be as bad.

I am sorry this does not answer your question, but I see where you are coming from.

I am glad to see your babies have popped!

Good karma to you and your grow my friend!

Here are a few groups in the UK fighting the good fight.

http://clear-uk.org/

http://norml-uk.org/

14 years! wat the... omg that is overkill, i mean where i am, the very maximum is 5 years, and you have to manage to get caught with a field of grown plants and red handed selling them too, and probably a repeated offence so that you actually stay the entire 5. local drug offences cannot surpass that limit except if there is border trafficking involved where the maximum jumps to 7 and 9 according to the kind of trafficking, but 16 years for growing under a light, that must trigger a public movement, imagine all those wronged people serving unfair sentences it makes me so sad to imagine for one moment how they must be feeling

I was locked up with a guy once that had a two year sentence. Got caught red handed in the act, cooking meth.
Two years. I did more than that for stealing a few trumpets fresh out of high school. They system is a very good system for making money. No matter U.K. or U.S.

I am not understanding using mycorrhizae with sythentic nutes? What is the benefit?

I am not understanding using mycorrhizae with sythentic nutes? What is the benefit?

Didn't stick around to ask. Not looked into it yet. Probably won't use it unless I get chance to do some solid research into it first.

NB

Latest posts

Back