And were off.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont mind using poison to kill mites on my flowers and trees,,,but I would never use poison on my weed. If it were in vegg I would wash the little basterds off with water and alcohol if possible...but other then that they would get trashed and my room cleaned down with alcohol and bleech.

Azamax is a little expensive but boy ooh boy does it work... SNS209/SNS217 combo is pretty gnarly too, takes a little longer since the 209 is a systemic product, it doesnt work like azamax or SNS217, its not on contact, but more of a deterrent, it allows the plant to take in some other basic oils from a handful of other plants that tastes nasty to just about all insects that eat the plant, once they get a taste they are all like eew nasty and they tend to go away, but if you have a big problem and its out of control and you dont want to sacrifice your whole grow, bust out the big guns and get some Azamax, its worked for me for everything from fungus gnats to spider mites to thripes and even some beneficial insects such as predatory soil mites and springtails... its kind of a one hit TKO... i agree that some of the pics look like mite damage but i dont see any webbing so they havnt really gotten a foot hold if you do have mites...

Has anybody bothered reading the warnings and such on this stuff. I wouldnt put this on anything I gonna smoke or ingest. This is why I hate buying weed. Ppl using crap like this thats supposed to be safe.
http://www.generalhydroponics.com/genhydro_US/product_labels/AzaMax.pdf
ENVIRONMENTAL HAZARDS
This pesticide is toxic to fish and aquatic invertebrates.
For Terrestrial Uses: Do not apply directly to water, or to areas where
surface water is present or to intertidal areas below the mean high
water mark. Do not contaminate water when cleaning equipment or
disposing of equipment washwater or rinsate.
USER SAFETY RECOMMENDATIONS
Users should wash hands before eating, drinking, chewing gum,
using tobacco or using the toilet.
Users should remove clothing/PPE immediately if pesticide gets
inside. Then wash thoroughly and put on clean clothing.
Users should remove PPE immediately after handling this product.
Wash the outside of gloves before removing. As soon as possible,
wash thoroughly and change into clean clothing.
PRECAUTIONARY STATEMENTS
HAZARDS TO HUMANS AND DOMESTIC ANIMALS
CAUTION - Harmful if absorbed through skin or if inhaled. Avoid
breathing vapor. Causes moderate eye irritation. Prolonged or
frequently repeated skin contact may cause allergic reactions in some
individuals. Avoid contact with skin, eyes, or clothing. Wash thoroughly
with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking,
chewing gum, using tobacco or using the toilet. Remove and wash
contaminated clothing before reuse. Wear chemical resistant gloves.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Applicators and handlers must wear:
• Long-sleeved shirt
• Long pants
• Socks and shoes
• Chemical resistant gloves
:bolt:

well i wouldnt use it while flowering or close to flowering, only in veg when you know you have a long time before you start flowering, but honestly if you gotta bring out the big guns you gotta do what yah gotta do... it works like a charm, other products do work and work well but not nearly as fast or absolute as Azamax... after a good treatment or 2, when the problem is cleared up iv given the plants a good 2 or 3 heavy washes over a few weeks to make sure all residuals are washed away. i had a heavily infested grow a few years ago when i started growing and i did smoke the final product with no bad effects, just gotta give them time and a few washes and youll be fine... honestly a little poison to cure an infestation is ok in my books, not all of us have a stock of seeds or segregated clones to replace a whole grow, but again i would never use it in flower, at that point id chalk up the loss and treat my vegging plants as well as do a good through cleaning in my flower tent... i mean heck fluoride isnt good for us but its in all city water... eeh limited and non-overboard use is ok imo

Risidual systemic toxins from azamax avid flora mite is supposed to be about 6 to 8 weeks...I too wouldn't hesitate to blast them in veg or even the 1st week of a 10 week flower cycle

Got swamped between building the grow room and work. I had 12 plants stuck in a 4' X 5' closet and the poor ladies had a lot of stretching but I got them into the new room and they filled out alright. They needed some TLC but they are now into the bud cycle. I also transplanted them into bigger pots. I was expecting some transplant shock from what people told me but they didn't wilt at all.

View attachment IMG_0692 resized.jpg

View attachment IMG_0771 resized.jpg

View attachment IMG_0772 resized.jpg

Wow! I'm impressed. First timer standard grow and 10 fem'ed seeds. That's a great way to start, especially to learn the basics and more.

If you have spider mites, it shouldn't be too much of a hassle to rid them when the plants are small and it's easy to spray every branch/leaf. There's a few products that kill both the bug and the egg. I'd probably spray the walls and floor while you're at it, you never know. I'd probably use a rubbing alcohol mixture combined with insecticidal soap while spraying walls and floor. You can help combat the possible insect damage by spraying with any sort of compost tea, kelp spray on a daily basis. I'm probably going to have to say that spraying with insecticidal soap every day would not be super healthy for the ladies. But giving them a nice little soaking of kelp/compost tea every day could only do them wonders while combating the insects. Even giving your plant silica can help against bugs. Also, I've heard that if your "brix" content gets high enough, sucking insects will not see your plant as "food".

Spider mites are never easy to get rid of. Never underestimate them. Even when you are sure that you have wiped down every square inch of plants, equipment, walls, and floors, they can pop up again. I always say hit them hard and fast with something effective. And switch up your treatments. Using ineffective products simply make them stronger and more resistant to miticides. For instance, I have never seen pepper sprays, insecticidal soaps, or neem oil do anything to combat mites. However, things like avid, forbid, floramite, azamax, SNS 217 (SNS 209 is a preventative, not a treatment after the fact) will generally actually work. We do know that some of these are poison, so they are used only in veg or the very first of flowering. As this is medicine, I generally feel better with a foliar spray as opposed to a systemic. When plants are small, you can often dunk them (read all directions carefully), thereby assuring that every bit of leaf surface has been coated.

Good luck...there is a reason we call them "The Borg".

I definitely do not have spider mites.

I made some panels to divide the room. They are hung with eye hooks and latched on the bottom to hold them tight against the frame. I used foam strips for window drafts to seal between the frame and panels. They came out really nice. I got my clones transplanted as well. Everything is moving along smoothly.

View attachment IMG_0780 resized.jpg

View attachment IMG_0783 resized.jpg

My goodness you have a lot of goodness going on. Your clones look nice..mojo

Thanks Rose.

I plan on putting 12 of the clones (the Waikiki queen) over into flower after a month and then the other 12 (the plushberry kush) will get another month of veg. before going into flower. Ill be cloning only 12 at a time from now on. And that will be my 12 plant monthly ish cycle with a max of 48 ladies.

Great job so far!

If you're the noobiest noobster I hate to think of what I was when I started.

After this you might have to change your name you know :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back