My grow room...should i get a new one?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey Marc, i am following you around this morning. Flat white paint is better reflection than foil or anything else.. I hate to tell you but I would tear down that foil and paint it white, your plants will thank you.
You are in rapid learning faze,,, good for you!

Hahahahaha. I'm learning faster because ur helping me in many things! Do u mean just white paint?

Regular old flat white paint. You'll love how easy it is! Your plants will love it too!

marc the dimensions of the box can barely fit a 250w hps, what is your light? and that fan probably won't cut it... imo you have to set your goals and plan accordingly. how much do you want to harvest? how much space and funds can you put in this? etc... the white paint needs to be matt white no glossy

I'm using 150W HPS. And in my opinion i will grow 1 plant only, it will grow better than having more plants in that. The fan is running perfectly, no heat at all! In the next months i think i'm making half of my closet a grow room it would be better than this one.

that's cool, for 150w it looks right. I suggest that you fix your wiring whenever you can, like make everything more proper the insulation and connections, and place the timers and stuff in an electric box or something, you got the idea, just make everything proper and safe. keep us posted on what's growing :D

Ohh yea ur right for more safety i should fix that... just waiting my WW from nirvana

Fan is for more than heat control. Plants need a continual supply of fresh air all the time the lights are on for proper photosynthesis. You may get by with that fan for a bit, but you will need something better. I also worry a bout hid lighting and cardboard boxes...

Yes i agree i should get a bigger fan fir fresher air. How can i make a mkre secured one... i mean this one is made of wood"thickness about 1.2cm" it can hurn easily.

I should make a safer one... when i get money i will make it with flat white paint. That would be perfect

If that is wood, you can paint it. Regardless of what it looks like, foil is a very poor reflector of light, so ditch it now. I am also somewhat concerned with the electrical connections I can see (no offense, but they look poorly taped) and the electrical stuff on the floor where it can get wet and create a hazard.

Safety first. Coming home to a burned out house and the cops waiting for you is the last thing you want to risk.

just what THG is sayin, if you do not intend to make it bigger, no need to build a new box, it is okay just paint it and make it safe. place all electric well above ground preferably on brick the timers and switches in proper boxes

Soon i'll buy the white foam

Yes i found it really useful for my case...

it is great for insulation, just keep it far from heat and electric. line the box from the outside. you can use pva glue, that would make it stick tight. if you chose to line your box from inside, you still have to paint them to get anything decent as reflection

Latest posts

Back