Alien Band Grow 2015

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Todays Update

1. Lizards love the garden, this one is visiting an Purple Diesel. They will be on the front line of the garden this year.

2. This is an Alien OG, showing a little over nutrient problem, the leaves curling down dramatically. We fed them Saturday and this showed up two days later. The remedy we are trying is a flush when watering and no more nutes for a week.

3. Blue OG

4. The overview, you can see they have more than doubled in size in 12 days.

5. The nutes and molasses mixture. This brand we had as samples last year. The Veg stuff is some pretty funky brown (got to be good) stuff. Stinks is the least you can say. The Molasses mix is also brown but more like thin molasses.

We have had some hot weather and some cloudy days. Thunder storms still showing up in the late afternoon, sometimes rain, sometimes just thunder. The leaves curling is kinda a bummer, guess we should have held off on the nutes for a couple weeks as the soil we used is pretty good on it's own.

I am thinking an inch or more mulch to hold the moisture as the days get hotter. We are on a well and conserve water as a rule here. A drip system will be put in too, that way we can water twice a day with a limited amount per watering. It is getting bad here in California, the drought is pretty bad. I have never, and I lived through the drought in the seventies, seen a winter like this last one. There was a month we got rain and then it dried up. I am crossing my fingers our well hold out till harvest.

Thanks for looking in ya all.

View attachment IMG_2697.jpg

View attachment IMG_2702.jpg

View attachment IMG_2695.JPG

View attachment IMG_2686.JPG

View attachment IMG_2700.jpg

Let's grow grow grow TC! :aok: Looking into some bottled organic nutes for the extras I got going in totes. The ground I amended planning for only those, now double plus a few going, base soil in the totes. Going to need to feed them the whole way through.
Looking good in the yard. This water deal is no joke! Gotta cut back on other stuff to make up for the yards use.

Update

We are three days shy of having the girls in the ground one month. Half of their veg season is almost over. The days have been consistently near or at the 100f mark. The front row of the Purple Diesel are growing fastest and have the Xmas tree look. The back row, the Alien Og are more short and bushy. All but a few of the plants are sporting some huge shade leaves. The Auto seems to have stopped putting on height, I look every day for signs of flowers. It will be nice to partake in some fresh reefer mid season.

5. The Blue Og, a sweet compact plant, very different than the other Blue Og. The other is more of a Xmas tree shape. And I am pretty darn sure I did not mess up and label it wrong.

3. The form of the Alien is odd this year, here is one of four, three of them look similar.

2. Tallest plant is the Purple Diesel at 41 inches. We are running behind from last years heights, but not by much, with the Purples.

1. The Cage, you can see the Purps are much taller than the Alien in the back.

4. Also an Alien, with the tall Alien behind it.

I hope the numbers correspond with the pic I posted, I have moved them around to where I think they do.

Have a good day all, and thanks for stoping in to share the progress of this grow.

View attachment IMG_2705.JPG

View attachment IMG_2708.jpg

View attachment IMG_2711.jpg

View attachment IMG_2712.jpg

View attachment IMG_2707.jpg

looking good TC. You made me go transplant into my 20 gallon smart pot, i thought i had gone big...Holy cow, girl 45 gallons..

Two Weeks Later....

1. Left side of garden, row of Purple Diesel.

2. Right side of garden, to the right the Alien OG, in foreground Blue OG.

3. Little Alien, looks so odd, the branches growing up almost right next to the stalk until the last few days and they are coming out some.

4. Branch tips starting the alternating bud site look.

5. A pretty big leaf.

I am amazed this year at how the plants look so different than each other when they are from the same seeds (three types this year). Usually you can tell the plants who are from the same seeds, this year not so much.

The temps have been running in the high 100f, yesterday reaching 110f. Overnight temps are from 60f to 70f. Some of the plants wilt in the afternoons during this kind of heat.

Hope you all have a great Fourth of July to my American friends, and a great weekend to everyone else.

View attachment IMG_2725.JPG

View attachment IMG_2724.JPG

View attachment IMG_2726.jpg

View attachment IMG_2727.jpg

View attachment IMG_2729.JPG

Oh yeah! Looking great! Always fun stopping in to see what you and mr have cooking :48:

two weeks later....

1. Left side of garden, row of purple diesel.

2. Right side of garden, to the right the alien og, in foreground blue og.

3. Little alien, looks so odd, the branches growing up almost right next to the stalk until the last few days and they are coming out some.

4. Branch tips starting the alternating bud site look.

5. A pretty big leaf.

I am amazed this year at how the plants look so different than each other when they are from the same seeds (three types this year). Usually you can tell the plants who are from the same seeds, this year not so much.

The temps have been running in the high 100f, yesterday reaching 110f. Overnight temps are from 60f to 70f. Some of the plants wilt in the afternoons during this kind of heat.

Hope you all have a great fourth of july to my american friends, and a great weekend to everyone else.

omg those look amazing

Wow, you are cooking right along. You are right, big fan leaf. I have two seeds that in no way resemble each other as well, weird. I guess this heat is making them express their true pheno traits? I have no idea. keep up the good work my friend.

One week later Update
(slow posting here)

Enjoyed some cooler weather here this last week. Highs in the 80's and lots of rain with the thunder and lightning to go with it. Lost four lower branches to the deluge. We had some total cloud cover for a few of those days. I think the girls have liked the cool down as much as us humans.

1. Most of the Cage, with the Purple Diesel up front.

2. Blue OG on the left, Alien OG on the right.

3. Largest and smallest plants in the garden, small High Priority, large Purple Diesel. There are three Diesel that have been competing for largest.

4. The odd looking Alien OG. The branches are growing right up next to the stalk, just lately have they shown themselves to be pushing out some.

5. A taste from last season, this is what we want, two more months..... :farm:

Forgot to mention the plants have been trimmed up pretty good on the lower level. This promotes upward growth according to Mr. TC. I call it light "chicken legging". I have one plant, the one that lost two lower branches that looks like a true "chicken leg". Will post that next time.

Thanks for looking in all and good to see you Dr.Rob and Rose.

View attachment IMG_2800.JPG

View attachment IMG_2803.JPG

View attachment IMG_2804.jpg

View attachment IMG_2801.jpg

View attachment a1.jpg

They Just Grow

Nothing new, just new growth. Most are over six feet now, not all, most. We are giving FF Open Sesame now, building bud sites.

1. Front of garden, Purple Diesel

2. West end, Purple D first two, Alien OG back corner.

3. Alien OG, shorter than this time last year.

4. Odd Alien OG. This one has some of the thickest branches I have ever seen here.

5. Putting on bud sites, Alien OG.

6. Bass Fishing, more fun than watching the garden grow.

Love the size they are getting. Always wonder at this point what the weight from each plant will be. Soon, maybe before the next update we will be netting them.

View attachment IMG_2852.JPG

View attachment IMG_2853.jpg

View attachment IMG_2854.JPG

View attachment IMG_2851.jpg

View attachment IMG_2858.jpg

View attachment IMG_2808.JPG

Those girls are big and beautiful TC.. Cute fish too. The netting is for what? To keep them from falling over from the weight of the buds? I guess I better figure what i am doing in that department.

Sure is nice to see your grows. It is summer if you are growing.

Thanks for stoping in Rose n Ston.

Yep almost time to net these girls. That netting worked excellent lat year. Mr. TC runs light rope across the top of the garden, above the plants. Then circles them n pulls the top tight like a draw string for the middle plants. The ones along the fencing he ties the net to the fence, then drawstrings the top too. Then as the plants continue to grow, we pull the tops through the netting to support them. We have tried staking and this works better. Spent a small fortune on stakes and now we don't use them much at all.

:cool2:

Hello Tc ur grow looks AMAZIN' as always. Where u get the netting n what size. I'm a bit like Rosebud. My first outdoor rodeo lol
Thank u so much I still remember ur blueberry pic of the month so beautiful n full of gorgeous colors :)

Doc, we get the netting at the hydro store. We got enough in one pack to do the plants for two years, I think. We have the cage to secure it to on the outside rows, and we run a line above the middle plants to hold the netting up. I will have a pic soon, I think netting is the game plan for today or tomorrow. Will post pics as soon as it is up.

You can see that pretty Bluberry Bud in the link below "Bud Pic 2009". Dang that was 6 seasons ago, heck of a good season I remember. Grew the best bud I/we ever grew that year and it was a Northern Lights that was my favorite.

Mojo at all you growers n tokers out there! The real show begins soon. I begin lookin for pistols in a week or so.

Im gonna have to try to find some of that netting and give it a shot. Same here have spent a small fortune on bamboo stakes. Green mojo! Enjoy the beautiful weekend

Netting UPDATE

The Dog Days of Summer are upon us. We are having temps that are some of the hottest of the summer, then back to the nicest days. Today there is a good chance of thunder showers. That means potential damage to the plants. We gave been spending the morning putting up the nets on the girls to hopefully prevent damage from rain and heavy BUDS!

1. Before the netting

2. The Netting

3. Netted Alien OG

4. Overview

5. A doorway into heaven. I love this time of year. So big they provide shade on a hot day.

Looking for signs of pistols every day. Nothing yet. Will be spending time in the evenings threading those tops to get the best possible support.

Stone, that netting comes in different sizes (height, mesh), might work out with some stakes. That was the biggest package they had (height and mesh).

View attachment IMG_2887.JPG

View attachment IMG_2893.jpg

View attachment IMG_2889.jpg

View attachment IMG_2897.JPG

View attachment IMG_2899.JPG

So TCBud, my mr rb wonders if the netting will work without the supporting sturctures at the top. Can we just wrap each plant and then leave the top open??? OR what can we do?

Latest posts

Back