Alien Head Grow Outdoor 2016

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
think you're gonna need to raise the roof :D
lookin great TC :)

i'm way behind this year, as i usually do 2 harvests (1 light dep, 1 regular).. and my light dep plants aren't even near that big yet :eek: :(

whats the advantage of putting girls in smart pots vs in the ground?? is the pvc frame/roof to be covered with poly at budding time?? lookn good bud!

Good question grasshopper. The smart pots are used because our garden area is a cut in the side of a mountain/or bank. The soil there would be a shale and almost impossible to rototill. We did have a raised bed once but that was immovable. We are in total control. Of our soil this way.

As for the frame is to keep out the deer population while the plants are young. It also deters the quail somewhat. We/Mr Tc makes a grid across the top then puts up netting around the plants to support the heavy buds to come. As a matter of fact, about to head out and net a few with him this morning before it gets to hot.

Thanks for the questions. Biggest reason I run this journal is to help growers see what can be done. All questions welcome and I will answer best I can.

First grasshopper killed in the garden yesterday, the battle is on.

View attachment image.jpg

Looking fab Tc, healthy and happy. And way ahead of my tiny kids out there. I love your grow and your journal, you have taught me so much about od grows, thank you.

Back from seeing my daughters graduation ceremony. While gone, the plants put on 6 to 10 inches in the last eight days since we measured last. The "runt" putting on the ten. The taller plants mostly 7-9 inches. We decided to run a full twelve. Putting in two clones we made, one headband 818 and an alien OG. Then the brother gave us a green crack. I have bought green crack at a despensery before and liked it real well. We will be giving the rest of the clones to him as he will use them or give them away.

Back to watching the girls vegg. You all Americans out there have a great Memorial Day! All other citizens of the world, Happy Monday! :vap-leafy_wave:

Looking good

Netting on 9 plants. Mr.Tc wants you to know he is 6 foot. The Runt plant is now as tall as the two shorter plants center front.

Plants being fed Fox Farm Grow Big and splash of Molasses. Mr. Tc swears by molasses and the full moon.:vap-leafy_wave:

Thank you Rose. Good to see you Dr. Bob.

Heat wave here. Girls in over 100f in the afternoon. Overnight temps 53f. Me I swear by overnight temps. We do water more when we have the hear wave.

Ten inches in six days grows the Runt!

Pictures soon. Never had plants this big here at the ranch at this time. Even the little clones are taking off.

Stormy here at Red Rock yesterday. The clouds roled in dark with the wind whipping the pine trees making them sing. Thought I'd take a quick pic for you all. Never did get rain, off to the west it got pretty dark.

The girls are getting on well. Growing like weed as they say. I have Thrips out there. I got some Bug Doctor remedy. All organic says the nice lady at the grow shop in town. I was gonna use the Ultimate Wash again, that whooped up on spider mites last year pretty darn good. But nice lady says Thrips are not gonna react to it as well. So bug Doctor remedy it is. With the plants this big it is gonna be a B covering the whole enchilada, under the leaves and all.

Will be started into summer next week, life is good.

Second application of anti thrip spray. I seem to see less flying bugs. It may be wishful thinking. The plants do not seem bothered by the spraying. Will continue two or four more times every four days. Also, the "Chicken Legging" has started. I hope these girls decide to start flowering late June early August.

Is Stoneloc out there this year? Is he posting a journal Rose?

I will try to get Ston-to do that...

You are making me have plant envy..Holy blank those are big plants TC... I gotta go have a talk with mine. Lovely.

Plant envy.....is that like.....no, not gonna say it.

Need to get my regular camera out there and get on this big computer and get more pics up. For some reason, the IPAD will not let me post more than one pic at a time here.

Cheers Rose and everyone else looking in.

Is Stoneloc out there this year? Is he posting a journal Rose?

Hey TC! Been a while since being on here after losing my log in info. Garden is looking good as always my friend :aok:

Rose here is the plant (actually there are two like this, one more so than the other and only the top half of both).

Weird looking taco leaves with ends curled up. The bottom half is not affected at all. Some of the leaf tips that are curled are yellow brown. We are using Fox Farms Grow big, which I stopped for about ten days with no change. Back to using it now.

Thanks for stoping in Ston. Good to hear from you.

Here is another.

Other than this, I think we have the Thrips on the run. Using Captain Jacks Dead Bug. I have not seen a black flying tiny fly out there in a few days. The leaf damage seems to have slowed. Mr. TC is chicken leggin most mornings now. Dang they are big for this time if year, compared to other years that is.

Yeah, I'd say heat. Strain dependent, and it always seems to start at the top from what I've seen. Have a couple showing it myself

Wow TC they are big this year, they look great, I see they are not too happy with the heat?

Thanks for looking in ya all.

It started before it got too hot. Thot it was to much water to begin with. Tcbud shakes her head, we have two strains out there, 9 of one three of the other. Of the nine, two distinct phenos so far of the alien. Two of those of the larger plants are showing this. Not gonna worry about it anymore. I think the thrips are history, Wednesday is the last spray for them.

Note the short two in the middle? Those are Alien, and so are all the ones you can see in this shot. The headband 818 are along the back wall. Growing tall like Crazy Girls.

Hope you all had a great weekend. Let's all go watch the Daily Show.

Latest posts

Back