Hazephase's Led Organic No-till Grow Journal - 2017

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HazePhase

Reaction score
This is my first ever grow and I am going to do my best to stay on top of this journal and keep it nice and tidy.
Looking forward to feedback from all angles as my plants aren't the only ones here to grow

Strain: Tangilope (Tangie X Chocolope)
Flower time: 9 weeks
Yield: 450-550 g/m2
80% sativa / 20% indica
Grow Stage: Seedling - Sprouted on St. Paddy's Day!

Indoor Grow in No-Till Organic Soil
20g Perlite / 20g Peat Moss / 15g EWC / 5g Mushroom Compost
4 cups of: Neem / Alfalfa Meal / Kelp Meal / Crab Meal
8 cups of: Dolomite Lime
32 cups of: Rock Dust Mix

Size of Pot: 15 Gallon Smart Pots w/ Scrogco 2x2 metal screens per plant
Size of Light: 48x48 - 12 COB Custom LED
6" Carbon Filter and 6" Fan with Ducting
3 x Small Oscillating Fans for air circulation
Temp: TBD - waiting on batteries to arrive
5x5x7 Gorilla Grow Tent

I am growing 6 plants but I will be taking 2 of them for cloning and will put them in a 2x4 tent for vegging awhile long while the other 4 stay in the 5x5 for flowering.

I am super excited and glad I was finally able to find some time to post my journal.
Really looking forward to continuing this and please ask away with any questions you may have and I will get back to you.

Have a wonderful day and thank you for taking the time to read and follow.

HazePhase

View attachment Seedlings Near Light.jpg

View attachment UpClose.jpg

Hi Hazefaze, i love haze... one of my favorites. Welcome to mp, we are glad you are here.
Have you got your seedlings in the above mix or do you use seed starter? Tangilope sounds good. i have been smoking some sour tangi that was fun.. Green mojo for your babies.. and again, welcome.

Do you have any experience with your soil recipe?
Seems like a lot of rock dust to me. 32 cups?

Hi Hazefaze, i love haze... one of my favorites. Welcome to mp, we are glad you are here.
Have you got your seedlings in the above mix or do you use seed starter? Tangilope sounds good. i have been smoking some sour tangi that was fun.. Green mojo for your babies.. and again, welcome.

Thanks for the Warm Welcome!!
Yes my seedlings went straight into the above mix - i was a bit worried but was told that everything would be fine so moved forward and so far so good :)

Really looking forward to contributing where I can.
Have a great day and thanks for popping in.

Do you have any experience with your soil recipe?
Seems like a lot of rock dust to me. 32 cups?

No experience but lots of reading and have a someone helping me along with it who's been doing it for many years successfully.
I am using the recipe for the Basic Clackamas Coot's soil mix recipe for growing cannabis which I have attached.

I needed 60 gallons so for how the math broke out it was 32 cups of Rock Dust mix.
I am new but it seems to have credibility behind it so I thought I would give it a go.

Life is an adventure :)
:vap-leafy_wave:

View attachment The Basic Clackamas Coot's soil mix recipe for growing cannabis.pdf

Here is a quick video from the person building my lights testing out PAR for my 4000k COBS which are on my light.

https://youtu.be/Xg9lsBZt3FI

It's packaged as you can see below and will be arriving this week.

Another picture he sent me was how many cobs i could fit on this light as you see in image but that would be overkill LOL.
He also said I can add another array on there which I might down the road for sure.

Thanks everyone for following might update tonight with my seedlings.

View attachment Wrapped and good togo.jpg

View attachment one array.jpg

View attachment How Many Cobs Fit you ask.jpg

Wow, HazenPhase hope that tent don't melt (laugh), that's lots of light, what wattage are the cobs and what is the percentage their being driven at? Just curious man.

Wow, HazenPhase hope that tent don't melt (laugh), that's lots of light, what wattage are the cobs and what is the percentage their being driven at? Just curious man.

I only have 12 COBs total. That's just the amount of room there is to upgrade and he was just showing me. lol

Here is the link to the PAR test:https://youtu.be/Xg9lsBZt3FI

Here is the info on my light.
12 Cob Vero 29 D series SE
1400 PPFD at 8"
6 COBs BXRC-40E10K0-D-73-SE
6 COBs BXRC-30E10K0-D-73-SE
108,000 lumens
Switchable 6 COBs on veg/12 COBs on flower
230 per rail
690 w total.

View attachment IMG_9927.jpg

View attachment IMG_9928.jpg

So HazenPhase trying to follow along here; What are these two pics showing? Are these pics of watt meters?
PS the video was ok but not sure how it applies, other than the guy was showing the par readings for three cobs.

So HazenPhase trying to follow along here; What are these two pics showing? Are these pics of watt meters?
PS the video was ok but not sure how it applies, other than the guy was showing the par readings for three cobs.

The two pictures are watts for power consumption per rail since he said it's a powerful light for what the plants need but not hard on the electricity.
The one picture is with the 6 veg COB lights on and then the other is with all lights on as I have the option to turn off the flower COB lights when vegging.

The video is to show the PAR that I am getting from my lights from various distances from where the plant would be to show what my plants will be receiving.
I was told plants can only use around 1200 PAR where i come way above so great for lower penetration even though I will be doing SCROG.
Also was told the California Sun is 2100 ... crazy :)

was just showing how effective and efficient my light should be :)
invested a lot but should pay off for sure.

Hope that helps please ask away :) I am learning every day.

Hey Everyone,

They broke through the soil on St. Paddy's Day so hopefully this is going to be my lucky Grow!! :)

They are doing well and I feel over the last couple of days have really started to speed up on the growth.

I was watering about a 1/4 cup of water per solo cup every 2 1/2 - 3 days and now they seem to be wanting that every 2 days which is nice to see :)
(PH 6.5 is what i used but it had to be lowered from 9.1 with organic lemon juice)

Probably by next weekend i will be transplanting them into 2 gallon containers for 3 weeks and then in their final 15 gallon smart pot!

Happy Sunday Everyone!

View attachment 1of6.jpg

View attachment 2of6.jpg

View attachment 3of6.jpg

View attachment 4of6.jpg

View attachment 5of6.jpg

View attachment 6of6.jpg

View attachment allsixofthem.jpg

lemon juice is probably not the best thing to do. If you are running all organic there is no need to PH. Seriously. Don't over fuss with them.. More green mojo being sent. they are very cute babies.

lemon juice is probably not the best thing to do. If you are running all organic there is no need to PH. Seriously. Don't over fuss with them.. More green mojo being sent. they are very cute babies.

Thank you very much for the tips.
My PH is 9.1 but I do have Clackamas Coots Organic Soil going on so I should be good I suppose.

I was just reading I want around 6.5 and mine was high at 9.1 so worried me.
I was reading and they said to use Vinegar or Lime or Lemon to lower PH and to avoid any PH up or down.

Thank you for the nice comment and I am very excited to see them grow :)
I raised my light from 6 inch to around 10.5 inches away to ensure they don't get light burn.

Should be moving them under my Cob Array and into 2 gallons this weekend :)

Quick updated picture from this morning.
They are going to be going into 2 gallon pots probably by the weekend.

I am going to be making more soil tomorrow and it will cook for 3 weeks and then I will move my girls from the 2 gallon into their 15 gallon smart pots with the exception of 2 of them which will be going into a 20 gallon smart pot and moved come flower time into a veg tent for further vegging / cloning and then flowering after the first four are done

Have a great day Everyone!!!!

View attachment IMG_0053.jpg

View attachment IMG_0054.jpg

View attachment IMG_0055.jpg

View attachment IMG_0057.jpg

View attachment IMG_0059.jpg

View attachment IMG_0060.jpg

View attachment IMG_0061.jpg

Good Day Fellow Cannabis Enthusiasts,

It's been awhile since I made a post so I thought it was time.
They are now in their 2 gallon homes in their tent with 3 little clip fans moving air and my 6" intake fan on low - randomly throughout the day.

I've been having trouble getting my humidity and temperature up considering my plants are still small and my light produces no heat. (40% rh & 22 degrees celcius)

I just finished feeding my plants the following concoction:
2 cups E/W/C + 2 Tablespoons of Organic molasses + pinch of kelp meal + pinch of yeast in a nylon sock. Put into 4.5 gallons of Aloe water with an air stone and bubbled for 46 hours.

I also have some barley sprouting at the moment which should be ready for the next watering for some barley sst :)

In the next 3-4 weeks I will be getting a 2x4 veg tent and LED COB 4 light array for that tent.
Open to suggestions for tents :)

Have a great day everyone and thanks for following along.

View attachment all together.jpg

View attachment BrewTea.jpg

View attachment Champ.jpg

View attachment Classy.jpg

View attachment Dui.jpg

View attachment Flex.jpg

View attachment IMG_0296.jpg

View attachment SideKick.jpg

Update Time:
The plants are doing well but I am open to feedback as this is my first ever grow.
I now have my light (which is still missing an array and getting fixed... should have been in on Friday... anyways... lol) on 11/11 for power so it's shooting the full amount of light at the moment but I still have it 3 feet away.
(I was told to leave it here if they aren't reaching for the light but I have no idea)

RH: 48% - need a humidifier as my intake fan lowers it down to 40% and i can't get up to the 50-70% that's best for Veg.
Temp: 22-25 degrees Celcius

The soil is still damp but in a few days when it's watering time I have brewed up some Barley SST which is frozen in ice cube trays in the freezer at the moment.

Super excited to add my other array of lights once it's back in my home!!

Please be gentle on Scraggles - she is the spindly looking one. She shed her seed later than the rest and took awhile to get going. She also only grew half of a leaf but seems to be picking up speed now :)

Looking for feedback, comments and company.

Question:
1. When does one start training their plant - I was going to move into 15 gallons in 2 more weeks then was going to start - that too late? - Doing Scrog individual 2x2 metal screens.
2. When does one start topping their plant?

All the very best and thank you!
HazePhase

View attachment Clean.jpg

View attachment Double.jpg

View attachment HalfRoot.jpg

View attachment IMG_0321.jpg

View attachment Mighty.jpg

View attachment Scraggle.jpg

View attachment Snappy.jpg

View attachment UnderGrowth.jpg

Okay so I topped 3 plants this morning before leaving for work. (I made sure to sterilize before making the cut)
Then I went in about an hour ago when they woke up and also super cropped one of them (by pinching the stem till it bends - hope i did that right)

Pictures are attached but please leave me your feedback as I am learning every day and I am trying new things to compare and learn.
This has been such an exciting ride and its just begun :)

Please leave me your feedback advice etc..
Have a wonderful day everyone!!!!

View attachment Clean copy.jpg

View attachment Mighty1.jpg

View attachment Plant.jpg

View attachment Scraggless.jpg

View attachment SuperCrop.jpg

View attachment Topped2.jpg

View attachment Topped3.jpg

View attachment Topped4.jpg

View attachment Topped5.jpg

Latest posts

Back