What's happening with me....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So sorry to hear Seven. It is so hard to have your body betray you over and over. It seems a person gets on track, things go well then freaking ZAP something else comes along or the old stuff comes back. I understand so well about wrapping your head around it. I got new stuff to do exactly that with, affects my sleep. I sure feel for you, I sure am sorry to hear all this coming at you. Sending some positive thoughts your way. Stay as strong as you can. Words don't seem enough somehow.

I hope all goes well for you really.

I never want to see friends or anyone even have to deal with this kind of stuff. :(

Much <3

I'm beginning to cope w/ it. I have a strong support group of family and friends. It's just caught me off from left field. My last nephrology dr said I was staying at the same function of 32% but not according to my new urologist and nephrologist. My old neph (the one who dropped the ball) went off to pursue "research"...for whatever that'll do for humanity.

Still growin', smokin' and smilin'

7ge:)

thanks Umbra, need all the help I can :)

peace, brother....

wishes of wellness---prayers---and some of that green mojo your way 7-G's

Thanks Orange, it's definitely needed and appreciated. :)

I got good news YESTERDAY. The transplant Dr up at Virginia MAson says that he's not ready to give up on my kidney and asked me if i was, and I said hell no. He's under the assumption there's a few things left we can do to minimize/halt the hydronephrosis, but he needed to get labs and all that in order. I signed papers so he can get all my medical history from my others doctors and in two weeks I go see where I really am. They took blood and urine, all the usual.

Before the Dr came in tho we asked his nurse what the Dr.'s opinion was on medical marijuana and she said that I don't need to sweat it, that he has a few patients on mmj and to not even put it on my check-in sheet. Good stuff.

But he made me feel so much better about (my kidney's health) it. Very optimistic with a calm, professional, "I know what I'm doing" air about him. There's still a few options left and then once we've tried and they haven't worked, only then will he get me signed up on the transplant list. It was like my soul made a heavy resounding sigh after that. All the tension, fear and apprehension disappeared almost instantly when he told me that.

It is good when that happens. All the best to ya 7g

Best news EVER!!!! I kinda sighed with ya... Like your doc. that is great. Keeping good thoughts. I am very happy your soul sighed. That is such a good description.

Good to hear Seven, will be thinking good thoughts your way.

Thanks peeps. Yeah, I go see him on October 8th, my real birthday week(Oct10th) ! I took the whole week off since I have a cpl weeks left of paid vacay. :woohoo:

Awesome. I hope he turns out to be the best kidney doc there is.

experience is everything!

Great luck to you g7!!

So last week the Urologist decided that a nephrostomy tube would be the best solution. For a nephrostomy they give a sedative along with fentanyl. But when they gave the sedation to me my heart rate climbed more and more (bp was apparently fine). The drugs never really kicked in and the Intervention Radiologist said she wouldn't do the procedure because she didn't want to hurt me and was a bit worried about the heart rate. A week passed...

So I rescheduled and am going in tomorrow, this time she has an anesthesiologist putting me under with propofol and fentanyl.

A nephrostomy tube is a suprapubic catheter that comes out my side, bypassing the ureteter and bladder (which clogs easily, hence the nephrostomy). It'll let us know for sure that the kidney is being completely drained of urine, hopefully alleviating the swelling causing it to go down. If it doesn't work my Urologist says I'll be on dialysis within a year.

I'm going to be doing home dialysis, I'm thinkin', if I have to do dialysis, that is...

Anyways, just wanted to keep you guys in the loop. It's at 4p.m. tomorrow. If I'm clear-headed enough I'll post up later on in the night.

Peace my cannafriends and family :)

7greeneyes, I hope everything works out for you. Keep staying positive. Good luck tomorrow.

We are thinking of you. i will send up healing energy to you. Just want you to know you are in my thoughts and am wishing the very best for you.

Thanks Rose & MR1

The people at Virginia MAson were really caring and that made it a lot easier. The nephrostomy placement went fine and I'm still feeling sore from where they inserted it in my side but am doing better day by day.

Still bleeding in the bag but apparently that's to be exected for a cpl more days, gradually going down until it looks like normal urine.

Thanks to everyone here, your thoughts and prayers help.

Much love,

7ge:)

Havn`t stopped by in awhile, sorry about that. Hope everything works out for the best for ya. Always good karma going your way. Head up, your tougher then this. Peace. Yoop.

Latest posts

Back