! Mites !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

urbanhighlife

Reaction score
so im abot 5 full weeks into flowering and i just noticed mites on some of my plants. the straind that is infected only has about a week or two of flowering left. but i have others in the room that still have a while longer to go. should i just cut these down to help prevnt the spreading of the mites or is there somthing else i can do for this problem. ive never had mites before so any info would be great.

BUMMER!! mites are hard to rid at that stage...they will multiply fast so watch them..and after that crop is done...clean the room very well.. Im sure your aware of this but dont use any sprays now...not good to smoke them..:( i would also bet that they have spread to the outher ones...you just havent seen them yet...if you start to see webbing on the branches...youve got a major infestion going...

urbanhighlife said:
so im abot 5 full weeks into flowering and i just noticed mites on some of my plants. the straind that is infected only has about a week or two of flowering left. but i have others in the room that still have a while longer to go. should i just cut these down to help prevnt the spreading of the mites or is there somthing else i can do for this problem. ive never had mites before so any info would be great.

Basically the only thing you can use is some neem oil or endall on them during flower... and u dont wanna get the neem oil on the bud.

IMHO..iso and water could be used without much affect on the bud. A lot less intrusive than nasty oil or insecticides.

Hick said:
IMHO..iso and water could be used without much affect on the bud. A lot less intrusive than nasty oil or insecticides.

yeah... probably could actually.... i just find mites get in the bud right rough... once they dry out it isnt' a problem.. they all run off ... alky dissolves thc tho!

i just went ahead and cut the most infected out. i also found an all organic solution called bang to spray them with. im not sure if it kills the mites or just helps heal the plants from damage. i guess ill find out. hopefully both

alky dissolves thc tho!
..yup, though dilluted to an acceptable strength, I doubt much damage would occur.

You are right in saying they start to evacuate once the plant is harvested/drying. I've found they like/tend to migrate ^"up", too. A FOAF, used sticky traps around the base of the stem, while the buds were hanging, and managed to capture a huge number.

Latest posts

Back