DIY cabinet dryer (copy)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Air is more a fluid than a gas. it erodes, has resistance, flow, pressure....
I love this cabinet. I am on the look out for a dead freezer, very nice setup

Nice project. A humidistat mounted in cabinet could control the low speed exhaust fan instead of a timer.

I thought blowing air across drying weed was a bad idea, it blew off trichromes or something.
I thought at first it was for clones :), I was half way through the thread before I realized it was for drying racks, holy ****, talk about a 'beer' fridge in the basement, I want one. Nice job too!
I can hardly wait to see pictures of that baby stocked!

Pappy; the key here is not to blow air across the buds. You want to allow the air to sit static in the dryer for a certain period of time (which will change with the amount of bud in the dryer and its level of dryness) to allow the air to saturate with moisture and then stop evaporation for a period of time to allow moisture deep within the buds to wick to the outside. Then after a time (a humidistat would be ideal for this size dryer) the fan turns on and slowly draws out the saturated air and pulls in fresh air. You only want the fan on long enough to replace the air.

Then the fan turns off and the evaporation process happens again until the air is saturated again. This slower and more deliberate drying allows better drying from within the buds to prevent over-drying or bud rot from under-drying. I think this controlled evaporation is very key to flavorful bud. :)

Latest posts

Back