My DWC mommies- Ready to be Cut

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For 3 plants I would use 4 inch net pots full of hydroton. I use rockwool to clone so that I can sit the clones roots as close as possible to the misting water, this will promote all of your roots to grow down through the net pots before any real growth starts, thus eliminating the need for larger net pots. In my grows the nets pots just have to really be large enough to stablize the plant.

Thanks again for your kind words, I have grown in many different ways but none compared with dwc except for aero, but I had too many problems with clogged misting heads in aero. So I stuck with it and tweaked it to get the best system for my situation. I love DWC

Very good looking plants and setup you got there mass. Very good healthly looking plants and immaculate roots. Keep up the good work and keep us posted :D

these look great..I want to avoid hydroton, I even loves your bubble cloner.. any brillant idea to hold the baby plants in the postions of bubble dwc?

yeah so i'm a little late to chime in but here it goes.

MassPro I agree totally with you re: that the health of the roots are very important and often overlooked. A little back story: When i was an enviro engineering student one of my professors of silviculture (think agriculture of trees) said that trees can only put out an amount of biomass DIRECTLY proportional to the root mass. IMHO, I don't think that it is far fetched to assume the same is true for MJ. I grow ALL types of plants using this principle and have never looked back.

and other misc. **...
Also, re: setups and their effect on root mass. I have my best results using a combined passive semi-hydro culture and DWC method. I use a mix of diatomecious earth(DE) and PrimeAgra in baskets with the bottom of the basket barely in the reserviour, allowing wicking or passive hydro to occur while plants root. By the time they are established, the roots are reaching the reserviour. At that point I add additional water/nutes to the reserviour to make the system truly DWC.(there's an air stone in the res the whole time) I discovered using PrimeAgra instead of Hydroton while studying passive hydro for orchids. Basically, PrimeAgra is made from a superior, finer clay that has wicking properties not found in Hydroton. The DE helps provide trace minerals and has the additional bonus of being an insecticide . I dont know why this works out better for me than just DWC or passive hydro but it does. I would venture to guess it allows cuttings/seedlings to adjust there roots to DWC with less of a shock since the process is gradual. I would love to hear if anyone else has had similar experiences.

Latest posts

Back