Pheno or Sicko?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PencilHead

Reaction score
Three WW, all treated exactly the same. Still in super-veg mode, maybe 2 months old, from seed. Running pH around 6.5. Started in 2 gallon FFOF, then went into 15 gallon Organicare Pure Earth Aeration (coco coir). All 6 FF nutes.

All three look nice and healthy but this one and only this one has these weird varigations on some of the leaves. It's totally random in where it occurs on the plant. You'll notice it also stunts that side of the leaf, causing it to curl to the side. It seems to occur from the time the leaf emerges, but doesn't change colors or brown out.

Is it pheno oriented? Is it something about coco I don't know yet? Cal? Mag?

Experience and opinions welcome.

P1010002.JPG

P1010003.JPG

P1010004.JPG

P1010005.JPG

P1010007.JPG

P1010008.JPG

Nothing to do with coco. Looks like it might be a deficiency, but since you're feeding the same as the others, presumably, I am more inclined to think it could be a virus or something related to the root ball. Doesn't appear to be causing too much of a problem.

i dunno about experience and opinion but i got pictures and and an opinion :)

IMG_3530.JPG IMG_3541.JPG

i had a few leaves do the same thing as yours and some a bit different and it was only one plant that was affected growing in the same room and medium. i am not sure as to the strain these come from. i would say that unless there are other issues as well as this not to worry too much. my plants were pretty healthy and when finished there was no signifigant difference in plant/bud size.

Jeez, LM, if it's a root problem or a virus then that's over my head. Flushing's about as high tech as I can go.

Thanks, Tat, you're making me relax a bit. Yeah, I see no other problems with the plant. It's actually slightly bigger than the other 2, and all 3 are vigorous.

I've seen that in some books where they are a different color on each side of the leaflet, I believe it is a genetic anomoly...I wouldn't sweat it if everything else is healthy, and as long as leaves don't start deing, or getting burned

That kinda looks like the start of a potasium def... with the color of the leafs and all.. they way there turning and curling..
LH

legalize_freedom said:
I've seen that in some books where they are a different color on each side of the leaflet, I believe it is a genetic anomoly...I wouldn't sweat it if everything else is healthy, and as long as leaves don't start deing, or getting burned

I go along with the genetic anomoly also.

Wouldn't clone from it though.;)

DD

i thought twisted leaves like that were caused by pH fluctuations. i used to get leaves like that too, but once i got my pH right, the new growth did not have leaves like that.

but i'm a hydro guy not a soil guy. just MHO.

btw, excellent photography. :)

he's got purple stems, half yellow almost gold color looking leafs.. curling down and in i would say look into potassium or that area.. that one pic of the half n half is what caught my eye.. :)
which could all be caused from ph... or nute lock out ..
LH

Latest posts

Back