Looking for a new way to make a living.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray

Reaction score
Hey all, Ray here, nice to meet you. I'm here to see if I have anything that resembles talent for growing. Seeing as I live in Washington St. this journey isn't about getting high. Although that's not a bad thing, I'm here to hopefully find a new line of work. I want to get up and WANT to go to work, not dread the start of the day. Little background, got high for the 1st time at around 13. Liked it, started drinking soon after. Not good. Bad stuff started happening. Started hanging out with crowd who drank more than smoked. Long story short, everytime I got in trouble, I was drunk. Not so with weed.
Got sober in 97. Haven't had a drink since.
I once said in a meeting that wasn't planning on ever drinking again but, if they ever legalized weed I would probably start smoking it again.
After all, what are the odds of it ever being legal? :aok:

Welcome Ray. Congrats on getting off the sauce. I don't know if you can make a living growing pot or not, but it sure is fun growing.. stick your toe in, the water is fine.

The missus and I were actually looking to perhaps start an organic produce stand. Maybe do up a small growing/ processing side business. Or maybe not. Or maybe I can break into the business. Or not. I do know that its not good where I am. Although I am grateful to have a job. Just seeing if I can grow some decent bud. And take it from there.

yeah you can grow great bud, it requires knowledge and investment, would take you a while i would say a year to have it producing to its max, some people are more talented than others, some people just don't seem to be able to make a plant live through its life cycle, mostly because of ignorance and unwillingness or inability to learn

Howdy and Good luck. Everybody wants on that Ride.

I'm with zem--I think you would be looking at a year or so to really get going. And I do not know exactly how the laws in WA read, but you are not going to be able to just grow pot and sell it. Growing cannabis is not like growing tomatoes. It does take time, money, effort, knowledge, and love.

As RubyRed mentioned, there are a lot of other jobs in the cannabis industry if that is specifically what you are looking for.

Thanks for the input, I was thinking last night after I went to bed that maybe start as a hobby grower and see what happens. And yeah Ruby, I wouldn't mind seeing 25 and hour for trimming buds. As of now I make 19/hr. as a freezer warehouse supervisor. Trust me, its as exciting as it sounds.

Latest posts

Back