Auto-Flower basics guide

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
diggydabomb said:
could you grow these under 24 hours of continual light??? with no dark period at all?

Yes....16 hours of light wld be the least light I wld ever use...you cld do 24 but everything over 20 is wasted...

Have anyone tried LST on autos? I might consider doing it, considering I'm growing in a 21" computer case, but if it decrease yield I probably won't.

You cld use lst on them...a shallow pot wld also keep them smaller....but yield wld be affected by that...

Hamster Lewis said:
You cld use lst on them...a shallow pot wld also keep them smaller....but yield wld be affected by that...

Yeah, I want as large yield as possible. LST'ing is just fun, so if it won't decrease yield (maybe it'll even increase?), that's what I'll do :)

douce vie said:
Yeah, I want as large yield as possible. LST'ing is just fun, so if it won't decrease yield (maybe it'll even increase?), that's what I'll do :)

If you really want yield from autos grow Auto ak-47...now that is an auto that cld use some lst...:)

Yeah, I've considered it for my next grow (can't start before easter, since I'll be back home at my parents - and I don't trust anyone here with my plants). Going to start with two different strains, just haven't decided which two yet. :) I saw you were growing buddha's white dwarf, how was the smoke, yield & potency when comparing it with auto ak-47, lowryder #2 & easy ryder? Well, the ones you've tried, that's basically the 4 strains I'm considering + mdz' blue streak, but I want to order everything from the same seedbank, so I prolly won't go for the streak.

edit- reading about your snowryder, might consider that too! :D Haha, I want one mostly indica and one sativa, and the snowryder sounds pretty promising as far as the indica go :p

has anybody popped some sort of auto-strain indo? let us know if its worth the autoflower, sounds questionable. i can understand the need for outdoors though! GJ science

So tell me can everyone come to an agreement on light cycle. I have read 18/6 and 20/4. I have read that they do need some dark but can you 24/7 them the first 3-4 weeks until they start flowering?? I would like the best consensus on the light cycle because I know all of you auto growers have grown more then I have and I hope to get the best results from your experience. :D

thanks loads
least

duh!! I guess I should have read some of the other posts it looks like 20/4 is the winning cycle. I still wonder about the 24/7 during the short veg period?? what say you hampsterlewis???

douce vie said:

If you enjoy lst, grow the big girls in an auto space :hubba::D. I didn't enjoy making 7' plants grow in 4 feet of vertical space, that's why I switched to autos :). Great to see another auto grower!

nice to see other members checking out auto flower plants , if u try u wont stop :) , and as far as the others " PLEAS LEARN HOW TO USE SEARCH option"
there is many many threads with all questions u may ask about ruder... just research.

Good luck to u guys on ur auto expirience.

so with an auto flower plant, do you just grow it on 18/6 the whole time? never change it to 12/12?

Jabrw0ke said:
so with an auto flower plant, do you just grow it on 18/6 the whole time? never change it to 12/12?

Yes...18/6 or 20/4

Jabrw0ke said:

yes "Auto Flowering " means that they will go ito flowering nomatter what light cycle u will provide them with. u can give them 6h of light will take longer but they will start flowerin when they are ready, remember that 12/12 cycle is introduce to regular plants to make them start flowering cycle.

When I first got my White Dwarf auto fem seeds, and only 3 of 5 germed, I was bummed in a major way. Seemed like a big $$ for 3 plants, one of which was clearly a runt.

But now, close to harvest, I'm just so impressed with how they have filled out, and how thick and tight the colas are. A taste fast-dried was very potent, and the trichs were only about 5% amber then.

I'm rethinking my initial disappointment, and just re-ordered more auto fem seeds this morning from The 'Tude. I just love these plants, and they are so easy to handle, adjust well to indoor-outdoor moves twice a day, and I have more bud on them than I ever, ever expected. l

While I'll always grow regular plants, I just love having these little darlings to fill in. And I am wild about having bud to smoke in two short months! Good bud, too.

I'm so sold on autos. They definitely have their place and their uses.

mojavemama said:
When I first got my White Dwarf auto fem seeds, and only 3 of 5 germed, I was bummed in a major way. Seemed like a big $$ for 3 plants, one of which was clearly a runt.

But now, close to harvest, I'm just so impressed with how they have filled out, and how thick and tight the colas are. A taste fast-dried was very potent, and the trichs were only about 5% amber then.

I'm rethinking my initial disappointment, and just re-ordered more auto fem seeds this morning from The 'Tude. I just love these plants, and they are so easy to handle, adjust well to indoor-outdoor moves twice a day, and I have more bud on them than I ever, ever expected. l

While I'll always grow regular plants, I just love having these little darlings to fill in. And I am wild about having bud to smoke in two short months! Good bud, too.

I'm so sold on autos. They definitely have their place and their uses.

Seconded.

Thanks, Wally! Hey, I have a question about lighting. I'm using strictly T5' HO's, and I don't have an HID. I use the outdoor desert sun whenever possible.

My question is about changing from 6500K during veg to 2700K during flowering. What I've been doing with this first auto group is this: I kept them at 6500K 24hrs until flowering, about 2 weeks, then put them in the flower room under 2700K. At night, I put them back in the veg room under 6500K.
When weather permits, they go outside during the day for real sunlight.

What's actually optimum in terms of which K to use while flowering? Same as for regular plants? 2700-3000K? Does it matter that I switch them back to 6500K during the night?

I always read that autos can use all the light they can get, so that's why I've been switching around so much. I didn't want to keep them in 12 hour darkness in the flowering room.

So, what's optimum? (besides hid lighting!)

Hey, why dont you jus use both at the same time...PERIOD....(it's called "full spectrum"):hubba:

mojavemama said:
Thanks, Wally! Hey, I have a question about lighting. I'm using strictly T5' HO's, and I don't have an HID. I use the outdoor desert sun whenever possible.

My question is about changing from 6500K during veg to 2700K during flowering. What I've been doing with this first auto group is this: I kept them at 6500K 24hrs until flowering, about 2 weeks, then put them in the flower room under 2700K. At night, I put them back in the veg room under 6500K.
When weather permits, they go outside during the day for real sunlight.

What's actually optimum in terms of which K to use while flowering? Same as for regular plants? 2700-3000K? Does it matter that I switch them back to 6500K during the night?

I always read that autos can use all the light they can get, so that's why I've been switching around so much. I didn't want to keep them in 12 hour darkness in the flowering room.

So, what's optimum? (besides hid lighting!)

Well, For one reason, I have a veg room and a flower room. I don't just grow autos....

Latest posts

Back