The Bet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozzydiodude

Reaction score
My uncle and me were talking about growing under lights in the grocery store one day, when I said you could grow under those new twisty lights(CFL's). "I bet you can't. Aything worth smoking that is" were the next words out of his mouth. That was the begining of this grow and bet.
The Bet=a new quad-core computer for me against 1lb of top colas from this years harvest outside.
I was not allowed to write anything or ask advice until everything was built and in service.
The Rules
1:Only light bulbs available in the local grocery stores
2:2000 to 4000 max lumens per square foot
3:Set up a cloning area,veg area and flowering area
4:Have to use store bought soil
5:Have to use store bought Fertilizers
6:Have to start from seed, take clones and harvest seedlings and clones all under CFL's only
7:For safty all light fixtures can be bought at lowes or hardware store(light sockets, fans electrical
wires etc.)
8:Can not take clones longer than 3 inches
9:plants have to be 12 inches tall to put into flowering
10:1 plant has to be reveged

The cloning area is 9"x9"x10" it is the cubby hole in a waterbed headboard with 1 6700k 1700L CFL's

The veg room is 16"x48"x48" with 9 6700k 1700L CFL'S and 3 fans (1 in/1 out and 1 on plants)

The flowering room is 26"x52"x72" with 14 2700k 1650L CFL's and 2 40watts T8 48' 2700k 4000L and 5 fans (2 in/2 out and 1 on plants)

The soil is Permier Pro-Mix BN 85% peat/ 15% vermiculite and perlite

The fertilizers are Neptune's Harvest Fish and Seaweed
2-3-1 for veg and 2-4-1 for flowering
Superthrive will be use also.
Water is Distilled

I have two strians of Purple Bud a F1 and F2 that will be use for this grow

Seedlings are 10 days old in pictures and 1 is a tripold seeds started 4/24/09

day 10 day PF.jpg

10 day PB.jpg

tri leaf 3.jpg

odd, why agree to rules 3,8,9, and 10? These things have nothing to do with his statement. I think you can show him up though. If you are allowed up to 4,000 lumens per square foot I bet yo can still do something nice. Good luck, I think the odds are in your favor with your grow knowledge.

Thank NYC the answer to your question is we were every drunk over a couple weekends when coming up with the rules. Rules 3 is to have flowering, vegging and clones all growing at the same time when I am able to start taking clones. I was not going to be able to post about the bet at first because of everyone giving advice. He know who I am but is to chicken to post himself, afraid for LEO finding him.
The plant are in there 5 week and have been transplanted
the ones in the brown pots are PB F1 and in cups that are being transplanted now(yes I'm taking a doobie break) to 2 litre bottles. I have the tripold in the Dr pepper may try to bonzai it for fun.

veg r1.jpg

veg r2.jpg

veg room.jpg

veg r3.jpg

PFF1.jpg

Subscribed..Has uncle done any growing? and you gave the cloneing area size what about the veg and flower? thanks for shareing with us..take care and be safe:bong:

4u2sm0ke said:
Subscribed..Has uncle done any growing? and you gave the cloneing area size what about the veg and flower? thanks for shareing with us..take care and be safe:bong:

Have another:bong:
The veg room is 16"x48"x48" with 9 6700k 1700L CFL'S and 3 fans (1 in/1 out and 1 on plants)

The flowering room is 26"x52"x72" with 14 2700k 1650L CFL's and 2 40watts T8 48' 2700k 4000L and 5 fans (2 in/2 out and 1 on plants)
:p :joint: :stoned: :aok: :rofl:
Yes, Him and Grandpa have grown since the late 60's off and on.

I'm excited to see this one. Keep us posted with pics and good luck! Take care and be safe.

its good to see oz !..that you have the gahoolies to have a crack at a grow with such limited resources (this is great to see ..LOL ) i suppose you can start hammering your computer now lol ! and make some room for the new one coming ! peace and all the best ! where's my chair ...aahh found it !!

Here are a few pictures from Friday (week 5 since planting)
The one PurplebudF1 had naturally split into two main stocks
The first three pict are the natural forker
The 4th pict is the top of a F1
all F1 are 5" to 7" inches tall they lost 2" when I transplanted into the bigger containers 1 gallon pots

F1 that forked.jpg

F1 that forked3.jpg

F1that forked2.jpg

F1-2.jpg

Latest posts

Back