FIRST GROW indoor,bagseed,cfl.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the chef

A Bong Hog!
Reaction score
Alright here goes, starting journal a bit late but have progressed with better equipment, sorry about focus of pics new camera.
Bathroom grow
Set-up: 4-27watt/1400 lumens daylight cfl spitals(blues)
120 volt upright ion generator
ventilation provided by fart fan:D
m/g 3 month feed potting soil
single packets m/g feed(using diluted)

Grow room: 2.5 feet wide and deep by 5.5 feet tall.
above sink, 3 walls enclosed painted white, with foil covering
the medicine cabinet and frontal mirrors(dull side out)
pics are out of order but kayla my 7 incher is the big one, savanna is the smaller bushier one and mother is the one sprouting her first set of fans both are 4 inches. I will get better at posting as time goes by, more to come in the follwing weeks. If anyone can tell me what strains my ladies are i would be in your debt, plus let me know what you think. Thanks from an old hippie but a newbie.

Picture 041.jpg

Picture 048.jpg

Picture 032.jpg

Picture 057.jpg

Picture 040.jpg

Picture 030.jpg

Picture 031.jpg

Picture 033.jpg

Picture 034.jpg

Picture 036.jpg

Picture 045.jpg

Picture 044.jpg

Hello Chef :)

The foil is pointless, the white paint will reflect more lumens than the foil, so in essence you are deminishing the reflected light by using it.

MG 3 month pre nuted soil is poor soil, it will make your seedlings grow great at first, then you will get problems resembling PH instability, lock outs, sick plants and growth will stop.

MJ needs a soil with no nutrients in it because you control how much feed the plant gets, not the soil, the plant will be flooded with feed every time you water it.

Your plants are stretching because of lack of light, you need 5,000 lumens per square foot, you have 6.25 sqft which needs 31,250 lumens, with what your using you only have 5,600 lumens.

If your serious about growing, you have a lot of alterations needed.

:peace:

:yeahthat: and you will only be able to tell wether its an indica ,,,satavia or an auto plant ,,,not the pacific strain ,,,unless you know what the bagseed was you bought (but then it may not be what it was claimed to be )

get some more lumens and goodluck :peace:

Yeah your biggest problem is going to be lack of enough light...CFL grows can be done quite well...just ask MentalPatient...he grows some monster buds with them, but you still need to provide enough light...good luck

thnx to all for advice. I have a small budget so was able to put together this: now running 8-27/watt, 1400 lumens (216 watt,11200 lumens total) on 2 seperate hanging lights. Best i can do with what i have. Let me know what u think.

here is my new lighting system and my ladies today, first is kayla my 7 incher, next is savanna followed by mother, both four inches. All i can do with tight budget let me know what you think.

DCFC0001.JPG

DCFC0002.JPG

DCFC0005.JPG

DCFC0004.JPG

DCFC0009.JPG

DCFC0011.JPG

DCFC0010.JPG

DCFC0003.JPG

DCFC0012.JPG

DCFC0007.JPG

DCFC0008.JPG

DCFC0006.JPG

why dont you just invest in a High Pressure Sodium.. they make all the difference in the world... or even a MH.. would do the trick

dont have the cash , poor mans grow. plus with space too much heat

I have only grown indoors with HPS or MH. I don't know much about what you are using.. but I can tell you ventalation with a nice fan will make all the difference with the heat from a HPS.. You might be able to get some smoke with those bulbs.. well good luck brother....

gonna switch to reds for flowering, i have a 120volt ionizer and a high powered fart fan for air and vetilation

Here's the latest pics after my ladies have been under the new lights for 24hrs, and a few new sprouts, enjoy.

DCFC0005.JPG

DCFC0010.JPG

DCFC0017.JPG

DCFC0006.JPG

DCFC0011.JPG

DCFC0016.JPG

DCFC0008.JPG

DCFC0013.JPG

DCFC0018.JPG

DCFC0009.JPG

DCFC0015.JPG

Had to move kayla outdoors. Saw some new growth can't tell if she's trying to go hermi will post results soon as she grows, can' see yet with pics but i can see it with mag glass.pics are of kayla and savanna in their new homes.

DCFC0002.JPG

DCFC0003.JPG

DCFC0004.JPG

just added 1-26watt and 3- 13 watt/2700k (reds) to my set up. Had the bulbs and didn't know it, pics are full light set up and savanna. Advice, or comments appreciated.

DCFC0001.JPG

DCFC0002.JPG

DCFC0003.JPG

DCFC0004.JPG

DCFC0005.JPG

:ciao: chef...see what a gj can do for you? lots of good help..pics look ok..a bit blurred but better then nothing..okay above sink ya say...How do you brush teeth:D...j/k and how close to the plants canopy is the lights? should be almost touching leafs looks as though they are stretching..thos e cfl can be touching even....and i too agrre with HIE remove that foil and just use the white walls. you can use the front cover and if ya have some white paint paint it...and when you go to flower cycle how is the Darkness? we want no light when its dark...another thing may want to add a bit more soil to cover the strtch a bit..just subscribbed..thanks for shareing with us..

:ciao: Be good..or be good at it

take care and be safe

the foil is covering mirrors. the blues i moved closer to the canopy, the reds are well above it for added light.your a true bud smoke:cool:

Well everybody had to throw away all my works today, afriad leo may be sniffin. I was letting my ladies get some sun and i think a landscaper saw what i had; not willing to take the risk. Be at a new location soon as for the grow see you all next season, thank for all advice and support. Take care and keep it pointed to the sun. THE CHEF.

hello the chef is back sorry all for the deception hope you all can forgive i was a little paranoid due to ...well good kush! i have done alot of changes, first, built my own growbox and started flowering my three bagseed in the bathroom. Here are the latest= first up is my two smaller ones followed by my tallest can't figure out sexes could use some help,followed by my dinafem grows-blue widow, blueberry/white widow-&-moby ****, haze/white widow, also i switched to organic soil and nutes hope you all enjoy and i've missed you all.

DCFC0020-2.JPG

DCFC0026-2.JPG

DCFC0025-1.JPG

DCFC0014-2.JPG

DCFC0032-1.JPG

DCFC0030-2.JPG

DCFC0028-1.JPG

Latest posts

Back