BlackJack/Bubblelicous Fall 09

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluealein56

Misderected Hostilty
Reaction score
Just got my seeds in that I ordered over two months ago from attitude! Whats even cooler is they already sent another package to replace this one because they thought the original was lost in the mail. I get twice as many now!:hubba:
and then some BlackJack came in the mail a couple days ago that I ordered last week. Seems Nirvana won the shipping race.

This being my second, full grow I have decided to make some moma plants this time around. I will be looking for good moms to put in "mom box"that I will be building in this journal as well.
I seem to have the flowering room finished except for installing the filter and Intake hose.'

I will start with 4 Black Jacks and 3 Bubbleicous. My flower room was only big enough for 4, 5 gallon plants last time. I have the DWC setup in there now but I think im gonna hold off till i get the moms situated and put the clones in dwc in the future maybe. Think ill stick with soil this time around.

So far I have the Black Jack seeds in the paper towel, and have 2 out of 4 already cracked open after one day. The Bubble just went in the cup of water to soak for about 18 hours, then off to the paper towel. Ill post some pics tonite after I get back from the football game.

..well you should hurry up 'n send those extras right back to them nice folks.. yup ;)

I'm kidding! :p

Hey blue..u remind of that x-man guy. good luck on your grow dude!

Just thought id add a few pics. not too much going on. Just put the third BlacJack seed in the clay pellet.(love those things) after i took the pics. The bubblelicous is still germinating,will probably put them in pellets sometime tomorrow.:)
only one of them hasnt popped yet. i think it might be a dud, its small and black. who knows?...im not really a seed expert.:eek:

other than than just keeping temps on about 80 degrees and the humidity rockin. I got a small two foot t5 in that propogator, the thing is awesome. But its gonna be a big switch from that to the 400 mh above.:cool:

Im planning on connecting a can fan filter to that exhaust. I have a 6 inch ho can fan pulling air out and through the attic, through insulated ducting.

037.JPG

038.JPG

039.JPG

040.JPG

UPDATE: All three BlackJack seeds popped outa the clay pellets. alll looking good so far. Just put two of the bubblicous seeds in clay pellets after they hatched in the paper towel.
Still got two other bubblicous seeds germinating. I added the fourth because one of the two doesnt look like its gonna do anything. Its really small and black, so i added a nice looking one in case it doesnt ever hatch.

I added my Intake system today and just have to add the panda film and velcro around the door to make air and light light.

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

001.JPG

UPDATE: The closet is officially open for business now. Airflow is excellent and the temperature is staying right at 77 at the hottest part of the day. The Black Jack is taking off. There seems to be alot of stretching going on though. Last night I transplanted the three into red plastic cups and into the closet with the MH. I buried the stems down a good few inches. I watered them good with a tad bit of super thrive and since last night they have grown noticeably, impressive to say the least. I added the plastic domes on the cups with some vent holes, in hopes to help the plants cope with the change in environment, from the dome to the closet. I was worried the intense light would be too much so I have the light a little low and am going to lower it slowly and bring them closer to the light> I will probably remove the dome in a few days since they seem to be showing little shock.
The Bubble on the other hand is being stubborn. I have been having a hard time germinating these babies. They seem to crack open in the paper towel and bag method but once put in the clay pellets they do not do anything. Maybe I am comparing them to the fast growth rate of the Blackjack. However, the BJ was only started two days before the Bubble. I started two more bubbles the other day and removed one so I have four of them going now.

011.JPG

004.JPG

007.JPG

009.JPG

013.JPG

015.JPG

012.JPG

014.JPG

i been busy at work here in the swamp. too much flooding going on around me but im keeping it cool up here on high ground. cant even get out to go to work

Still No luck with the Bubble. Oh well.. guess ill mark that one up to the game i guess.
So I went ahead and germinated my freebie, Moby Deick. Yeah i spelled that wrong on purpose, the site wont let me spell Dik on here. Im excited about her, the absence of the bubble in the garden has made room for her and one more BlackJack, which im germinating as well.
Also the MH bulb blew out on me sunday. I been using the HPS bulb for now. Not sure if im going to get a MH bulb to replace seen Im only going to be using the HI lighting for a flowering room once my veg closet is done here soon. Seems like a waste of 50 bucks, Might as well just buy a new HPS bulb when this vegging is over.

I also added a light barrier to my room. My main concern last season was light leaks and heat. So this year i added a 6 inch high output Can Fan. This thing does one thing,,,,,,,,,,,,it sucks, and it does it vey well.
to solve the light leaks I cut out some panda film and bought some commercial grade velcro with adhesive backs. I applied the velcro to the panda film and to the door seal. Its perfect.
Only problem is that that fan sucks so hard that it is pulling on the panda film. I dont think its gonna tear it but it sure does have some tension in it.
I have an intake sytem, 4 inch ducting with a small 50 dollar ventilation fan.
I dont have the filter on the exhaust yet, but im wondering if its possible to have too much suction in the grow room.
Room is only a 2.5x3 9 feet tall.

And they young girls are coming along well. Two look a little droopy but i think its just because its day two under the hps without the protective domes.

019.JPG

020.JPG

021.JPG

018.JPG

022.JPG

023.JPG

026.JPG

032.JPG

looking good blue, ill keep checking back, verry interested in the blackjack. Green thoughts be with ya!

two of the young ones were lookin just awful all last week. both were really droopy and almost curling under. They both look alot better now but it took a little work on my part to get them back under control.
So i went up to the store, got some fox farm happy frog potting soil, transplanted and put them back under the t5 in the propogator. Im loving this soil, and wondering why i didnt start using it alot sooner. I think not having the right soil played a big part in my plants previous state.
Im wondering if the shock of the different light spectrum, going from mh to hps affected them like that?
One of them actually did well with the light change. Its the one in the first two pics. I actually kept it in the closet under the hps by itsself and its growing like a weed, for real.
I went ahead and ordered another mh bulb, along with some neem oil and some cloning gel, should be here soon

003.JPG

004.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

these things are sky rocketing. i have about 6.5 feet of height to grow with but i think im gonna make the most out of some topping. Still not sure how comfortable iam for lst, maybe once i transplant into their final home.

Anyways i will probably have my first of many toppings later this week

blue "frosty nugs" alien, love the red cups, never seen them before, where'd you say you got em..lol. is that the blackjack thats doing well? keep em strong and ponted up!

the chef said:
blue "frosty nugs" alien, love the red cups, never seen them before, where'd you say you got em..lol. is that the blackjack thats doing well? keep em strong and ponted up!
red cups from walmart. and yes the black jack is rockin. The bubble never would sprout, none of them. I germed the Moby Dck seed and it seems to be comin along. So as soon as the last bj seed that i planted yesterday, pops, i will have 5 black jacks, and one Moby Dck.

blue frosty nugs has a ring to it. thanks for stopping by friend.

looking good Blue...How far away is that light? looks to be a bit high..but maybe for picture takeing...Green mojo for you..nice way to seal the door too:aok:

4u2sm0ke said:
looking good Blue...How far away is that light? looks to be a bit high..but maybe for picture takeing...Green mojo for you..nice way to seal the door too:aok:

lights a foot or two away. Gotta get some milk crates, light yo yo's wont go any farther down. and two of the little ones were struggling with the transfer from the t5 to the hid lighting. gonna start cranking it up by doing some pinching and bring them up, later on tonight.
thanks for stopping by man. Its an honor to have ya drop in, dont be a stranger, and give me a heads up on the next challenge grow.
:cool2:

just got through watering the pikes.
Did some pinching on the biggest of the three in two spots on each plant.

Also put some old school books in their to get the cups closer to the light. MH replacement should be here in a few days. I put the two small plants back in the closet yesterday and today the looked amazing. deep green. Gave them two their first taste of some superthrive mixed with some ff Big Grow and Big Bloom. nice little tea for two.

Also transplanted on of the BJ into a red cup, and its still in the propogator under the t5. I did two soft pinches on her as well. Wanted to see how successful that technique would be on such a young seedling.

The Moby Dck is coming along, though she seems to be alot slower than the BJ. The BJ has been growing like a beast. Even the germination times on all the BJ seeds has been fast. I also have my final seed starting to try and unearth the soil as we speak. Hopefully it pops tomorrow so that i can soon put this dirty ole propoator away for a while.

Cannabiscotti said:
sweet!! signin up to this grow!

glad to see ya here man. Were gonna make some weed magic here bro so check in.

ok.............. well maybe it was tooo young to try pinching on after all:confused2:
when i came home from work it was laid over on the black plastic sides. Everything is still green and despite being lent over all day, the leaves had turned and bent the stem to face the light, which explains the weird curve in the seedling.

hopefully she will make a recovery..... it was a freebie, Moby Dck

gotta love experimenting

001.JPG

yooo frosty nugs, a green moment of silence to help our moby sister in growing........GROW! That moby di*k will start off slow and pick up after her roots set. All the chefs green mojo to ya and ya lady.

Latest posts

Back