3 strain LED in hempy buckets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Raisin Jackson said:
Actually 2oz a bucket would kill the 1gram per watt. I only need to pull like an ounce and a half. That'd be 22.5oz=630 grams. I only need like 1.2 per bucket. I should be able to pull that unless these LEDs don't cut it or I didn't do things right. Here's where someone chimes in that LEDs suck and it won't happen.. Come on, I got about 5 weeks to go, any takers..?

You called my name Raisin:hubba: :p

I dont know jack about led's:confused: but i would be amazed if you managed to pull 1gpw from them,:eek: saying that i do wish you all the best and hope you achieve yor goal;)

Good luck and im along for the ride as this is a new one for me led's n all:p

t4

Ive just read up on these led's and it looks like its easily achievable so tagging along for the ride raisin

t4

Temps lights on around 75, is this too low?
I'm concidering upping the nutes to 6/12 micro/bloom ml/per gallon.
I'd do a couple cycles of that and then hit 8/16 for a bit before flushing.
I'm having a hard time upping nutes since it's working good, any thoughts? I'm pretty sure 6/12 is in their future for tommorow. 19 nights of darkness at that point. First signs of frost on the bobos. A couple of the mystery strains look a bit lean to start. Hopefully jacks and bobos will be making folks drool soon.. If the ufos are good there will be some bowing down before Bobo soon.

Nice grow would like to the see the benefits of LED's because they are my next upgrade hopefully.

i have been looking into these ufo lights as well and i'm really leaning torward them for my next grow ... i'll tag along and see what becomes of them ... and some mojo for you my friend ...

EZ&SAFE

Gave them 6/12 ml per gallon of micro/bloom today. Hope they like it.
Also gave em a good trim underneath, seems like about the right time.
I really need to get some clones planted in coco, have 19 in a tray, don't really know what I'm doing with them but I need a few good moms, they are a mix of Jack, bobo, and el niño.

As far as I know temp at 75 is OK.

I like them LEDs aswell but they sure are still a bit expencive, but ofcourse they would pay it back quite soon...

Good luck

Anyone ever use the cuts from the lower parts of the plant, like when trimming the undergrowth early in flower, for clones? I tossed quite a few ,8-10 really big and nice looking clones. Ive always taken clones from mothers or plants just prior or within a few days of going 12/12.

I am going to put my clones that are rooted in coco so they can go hempy or reg coco when it's time. I'll take a few moms and try and find a place for the other survivors, hopefully about a dozen, and do hempy style in coco. Fill the Rez with clay balls and top em up with coco, I'm guessing staying with the same gh flora using Lucas formula. They'll probably go straight to flower since I don't really have a veg home yet. They'll probably end up under ufos but start under the lil led panel and a few cfls.

Thats where i take mine from. A little work is all that's needed. So far mine are doing very well. I take the lowest branches that don't show any signs of flowering after the others have. Just one opinion, interested on how clones do with the leds. Green mojo to your clones!

Ya man, I took clones from a flowering plant aswell, same spot. I kept them clones a week under 12/12 and then switched to 24/0. They grow a bit in a different way at the beginning, one leaves and very tight grow. Good luck.

20/21 clones went in, lost one to being accidentaly pulled from it's plug a week ago, it was rooting but I tossed it. That's my best cloning yet, but I gotta credit the strains too. They may end up under a hps real soon, 16 in a square under a 600.. Coco in hempys in the dungeon. I have no place to veg them, I'll keep 3 or 4 for moms. I think these gals are my feb crop.

heres some pics after 3 weeks of 12/12.
first round is a bobo, a jack, and a mystery

bobo.jpg

jack.jpg

unknown1.jpg

Get ready fer the storm RJ. We now have a better el nino~.

Thanks for the kind words. I really hope these LEDs payoff, I took a big chance running them instead of hps. It sure is nice not sweatin the heat. These 3 strains are great, never smoked the el niño, but I like the way she grows. The other 2 smoke.. well, i don't know if there's a better all day smoke than Jack, and bobo is really amazing, flavor, potency, fast finisher, hearty, colorful is givin time. Really look forward to some close up bud shots and some serious smoke reports. I wish I could get bobo in the hands of someone that could breed it right and make seeds of her, but I'm gonna try, she just doesn't like to hermie.

Raisin Jackson said:
heres some bobo at 45 days flower, enjoy.

Very tasty looking, can ya get some shots of the overall plant?

Growdude said:
Very tasty looking, can ya get some shots of the overall plant?

sure I can, I'll try for tommorow. It is very tasty stuff, I really like it, it's supposedly a very old strain, 30+ years old, local. The plant pictured is tiny, maybe less than 12" tall, she was a mom that I savagely cloned, left a stick pretty much. I figure 1/4 oz maybe 3/8s of primo smoke. This may be the best strain I've ever grown, and one of the best smokes too. Resistant to everything, easy to clone, finishes quick. Beautiful stone.

heres some more shots of my bobo now at 46 days flower, man it smells good, i touch the tip of my nose to the buds so i can smell it for a while.. it is so hard to wait when you have no weed, but after 50 days i wont feel too bad chopping her down.

for anyone that hasnt been following along, this plant was cloned severly, and it wasnt very big then, so its kinda puny, it was seriously a stick with one leaf at one time..

bobo1.jpg

bobo2.jpg

bobo3.jpg

At least under a weaker led, the glowpanel45, Bobo finishes about a week later than under cfl. I don't know if the other led lights will be similar, but I'm sampling the cfl grown with 48 day flower and that's about right ~50 days to finish, but the led took an extra week.. Weird. Probably chop her down tonight or tommorow, and I'll have some regular commercial crap to keep me away from it so it'll get a little better cure. None of my other strains seem to like the dungeon (crawlspace).

Latest posts

Back