Christmas Crop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
(11/13/09) Early Morning Pictures (16 days old)

111309 001.jpg

111309 002.jpg

111309 003.jpg

dammm ur grow looks cool, wich i had my hands on all them seeds... lucky you keep up the good work

:ciao: :watchplant: :bong:

Looking Great:lama:

The perlite makes everything look so clean.. The MH looks kinda funny with the green shine, mine is more white or blue light.. Will you switch to a HPS for flowering? Nice grow.. I will be following.

Very nice set up bfg ill be tagging along for this grow.

btw have you kept them short and bushy is this via your lighting choice or is this indicative of the strain.

t4

RiskyPack, the pearlite is nice, it does make things look cleaner, and makes the photos easier to "read". I had a mild knat (or whatever type of tiny little flying bugs they were) problem a few crops ago :eek: and I noticed it was always worse right after watering, :confused: they'd go crazy for the moist top layer of soil, I bought stickytraps (which cut them down greatly but couldn't get rid of them) and since I had some excess pearlite left over after mixing 20% into the FFOF I spread 3/4 of an inch out over the top of all my plants and that, along with the traps, shut the knats down completely. :D :D (use a 1/4 inch layer now) I don't know what type of bugs they were but apparently they were laying thier eggs in the soil and the pearlite layer kept them from being able to get into the dirt to lay them, or kept the babies from getting out. The pearlite breaks up the light, and that keeps the top 2 inches of soil from baking to cracked dryness, more moisture held for the roots this way. When transplanting to bigger pots you can see roots growing up out of the soil into the pearlite. (the pearlite all falls off when you flip them upside down to gett'em out.) The plants can use more of the soil in the pot this way.

Time4Plan-B They are Lowrider2 strain. On 16/8 lighting. Though as you can see from todays pics. I have gone to the HPS.

Time for some catchup.

(11/19/09) Transplanted #4, 6, 7, 9, 14, 15, 17, 24, 25, 26 and 27. Each given 400 ml room temperature tap before transplant. Each bedded into larger pots, with previous rootballs covered completely under 1/2 inch FFOF, and watered again with 1300 ml room temperature tap. Then layered with pearlite.

(11/21/09) Early morning glass/light cleaning. (normally done on Thursdays but went to bed after transplanting and completely forgot on Fri) Bulb changed from 400Watt MH to 400Watt HPS. (accidentally ran HPS bulb for 20 seconds with switchable ballast set to MH,, then remembered and shut it down to flip the switch,,, appears to have done no harm)

(11/21/09) All plants are given 200 ml room temperature tap just before night. Lighting schedule changed to 12/12 until morning of 11/26/09 (Five 12 hour nights)

(11/26/09) Light schedule changed back to 18/6.

(11/27/09) All plants given 1.4 liters room temperature tap.

New Photos. 11/27/09 001-004 (30 days old) taken after/while watering. 11/27/09 005 in the closet after watering and 11/28/09 001 (31 days old) is today just after I re-arranged them.

Enjoy

112709 001.jpg

112709 002.jpg

112709 003.jpg

112709 004.jpg

112709 005.jpg

112809 001.jpg

The girls are 36 days old today. They should be ready (80%cloudy with no amber = ready for me :D ) in 20 days.
They are starting to pack on the flowers and the frosty/sugary goodness has begun. The sticky smell should be here in a few more days.
Some leaf damage on a few, I think they are getting too much light. I may take down the mylar to reduce the light in the corners of the 2 by 3 foot space.

These pics from today 12/03/09 (36 days old).

120309 001.JPG

120309 002.JPG

120309 003.JPG

120309 004.JPG

120309 005.JPG

Gorgeous group of young ladies there, i'm definately following along!

The girls are 6 weeks old, 2 weeks from the chopping block. (chopping tentatively scheduled for 12/23/09)
The buds are swelling and the trich's are comming along nicely. I'll post some trich pics when they get cloudy

These pics from today (12/09/09) 42 days old 14 days to go.

First pic is 10 of the 11 plants. The back row goes left-to-right in order of decending height, then front row is right-to-left. (the shortest plants stays in the closet cuz' my table is so small.

The next 5 pics are closer shots of the back row.

Enjoy

120909 001.JPG

120909 004.JPG

120909 005.JPG

120909 006.JPG

120909 007.JPG

120909 008.JPG

Good looking grow Girl! Keep it up, gonna be a very nice Christmas for you :)

wow looking awesome! that's the strain I wanna grow I have been looking for a lowrider auto seeds online . might you have a few left you would want to part with or something :-D

Hey there BigFunGirl2,

I think that I would want to veg a whole lot longer, to get more budski going ya know. I think maybe I'm going to go back outdoors. I miss my babies that grew so big, and gave so much of themselves to me. LOL

smoke in peace
KK :cool:

Thankyou OldHippieChick, I appreciate that. I try to organize the posts well,, when I'm not too blazed.

Thanks 225smokestack. It does look to be a wonderful christmas/newyears.

KingKahuuna, these are autoflowering Lowrider#2 plants, so they flower independantly of light schedule, and last only so long before they naturally die. 11 weeks at the most I hear. I would love to be able to choose when they go to flower and veg them much bigger. Getting 5 ounces from 2 plants or 1 plant with a SCROG instead of 11 plants would be great from a legal perspective as well, but the genetics of these seeds won't allow it. :(

Next grow I am thinking of moving to a non autoflowering variety and growing hydro again.
One of the local hydro stores just started stocking the black 12 inch diameter 5 gallon buckets and the black 12 inch diameter 3 gallon buckets that fit inside the 5 gals. It may be a copycat of the "ebb and grow 12" but mine would only have 6 stations.
It would look a lot like this video from youtube

(I'm not allowed to post hxxp links since I don't have 15 total posts lol. if you want the address just ask me)

and would follow a most of the instructions from this page.

(I'm not allowed to post hxxp links since I don't have 15 total posts lol. if you want the address just ask me)

havent decided yet. if it is just too much $ and work, I may make individual DWC buckets which means a lot of individual nutrient checking and adjusting (boo). but my summer temperatures are too high for DWC (the water won't hold enough oxygen at 77 F.)
I may decide to go off on my own and make a flood and drain system where each 5 gall is the rez and each 3 gall is the floodtable holding the hydroton and roots. This way I can hydro in the summer. still researching. options.

Looking wonderful GigFunGirl2...why cant ya post a link? I dont think theres a 15 pos limit..if so just go to the introduction section and wellcome 16 people..lol..I was high looking at those last sets of pics...If ya need any help Harvesting ya know where to find me:D..and I would like to see your flood and drain system as this is what I was looking into for a ne room..thanks for shareig..take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

See iwas wondedering why you didn't veg long. Nice looking auto's! Looking foward to a smoke report.

Latest posts

Back