Captains Grow DWC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It wont let me post the other pic for some reason Ill get some more later.

Nice. When you say it doesn't matter, you mean? Like if the 100ap was 3/4" and the inlet for the manifold was less, it would still seal tight, no probs? How did you seal all your lines to manifold? Is more than a ziptie needed?

I will only have 1 room running for a couple months. 12, 5gal buckets, cloner and 40 gal Rez. Is that pump overkill and I should go with one AP60 to run it and then another when the other room is ready?

A zip tie will work fine I believe it comes with a metal spring clamp but a regular hose clamp or zip will work. I wouldnt go smaller the more air the better never no what might need air. The lines stay on the manifold by themself. If needed theres room for zipties.

Zip ties and last three for the day.

grow Journal 013.jpg

grow Journal 014.jpg

nice man. just did my first dwc buckets, and will stick with it unless i get bored. i had 2 buckets. it will be intresting to see so many. can you post a pic of how your res is set up? looking good, green mojo to you.

Very nice. God I cannot wait. They are so close together. Do you spread them out at all?

This is the veg room. Plenty of room in flower room. They will veg until a foot or so tall. so they will be touching each other until flower. Im not into huge plants myself. more to deal with harder to move them around imo. 3-4 ft is plenty tall.Thats why I dont like putting my hose in the lids I just transfer the plant into a new bucket in the grow thats ready with fresh water and flower nuts.

mine is in the lids, and thats what i do also ; pick lid with whole plant and stone up, and place on a fresh bucket. the only dif is i dont have to mess with unhooking, and hooking up lines...;) ...your way, to me it's a disadvantage to have to glue in stones, that will have to be replaced many times over anyway...what do you glue the stones in with?...

set up is neat, and clean. gonna be a fun grow to watch right here.:) ...

and so it begins...

My stones are not glued the are loose. Heavy enough to stay down. You have to remember all of this stays in the veg room. All the hoses,pumps everything stay. So there is another pump buckets and hoses in the flower room. Also Irish you reminded me Nouvevchef you need 6" or larger stones or the pumps will bust the stones because they are flying around the buckets. I have a ton of broken 4" but not one 6".

Yeah, I got 24 12" stones. I think Irish is saying it's a dis advantage as when the veg buckets need cleaning, ie, weekly or bi-weekly. You dont swap veg buckets for new buckets with nutes?I think that's what he means.

I only veg for two weeks so no I dont clean them unless they look or smell bad. I know I know you should clean them weekly but if they can handle it than why waste it.

OK so things are going quicker than I thought and with some changes. Im adding Sugar and Big Mac. Going to be interesting (confusing) with all these strains going. Ill post some new pics when I get them in.

Kool. I measured the 5gal buckets, glad I did before I made the big order. 12" won't fit. You got 6" in there? I thought you said they were too small?

Re-read I said 4" will break but I havent broken a 6". ________^

Gotem all in post pic in a bit.

i was wondering what you were putting the twelves in? thought maybe a tub.(i have a huge problem with dwc tubs)...they wont fit 5 gal buckets... the 6 inch are perfect, unless you have access to a shop with the big weighted ones...i used these once, and they dont hold up with time as well as the 6's from walmart...the big weighted ones break away at the tops. i can go through 3 weighted , to 1 6 inch...and i let 'em free float also cap...

you only veg two weeks? why so short?...

Ahh. Got it. Yeah get some pics up!!

Free float? The roots must be intangled around it? Does it matter?

Nope you should see the tangled roots in the aero table there all mixed up like 3-4 inches thick.

Latest posts

Back