burnt leaf tips.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surreptitious

Supreme Chancellor
Reaction score
hey guys, having some issues with older leaves of plant getting burnt tips. all the details of my grow are logged here: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50787

i have included some pictures as well. it seems to be happening on older leaves, but on most of the plants. the rest of the plant looks good to me, very green. currently, i'm only using half strength nutes from GH's schedule for "mild growth", could this mean i need to increase the nutes?

any suggestions on what this might be?

thanks as always!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

i like the idea of switching nutes, but i've got the flora nova nutes and i would like to use them.

did you get the cal-mag problem taken care of? Usually the tips will burn from over feeding, but I don't see that as your problem...heck I don't know enough about how hydro works to help ya man...sorry, but I will leave this to the hydro folks...good luck!

LF, different batch of clones. the ones we talked about with the cal-mag was the batch that i'm flowering right now.

i didnt think that plants in the veg phase needed much cal-mag. could be wrong.

although, hick's sick problem guide says this:

"6) a) Tips of leaves are yellow, brown, or dead. Plant otherwise looks healthy & green. Stems may be soft >> Over-fertilization (especially N), over-watering, damaged roots, or
insufficient soil aeration (use more sand or perlite. Occasionally due to not enough N, P, or K."

i'm watering 5 times while the lights are on for 15 minutes. i dont think it's over watering.

someone in the other thread suggested that it might be because the lights are too close to the plants. how close can you put T-5s? I had them at 4 or 5 inches, but have moved them up to 11 inches.

i have done the hand test at both heights and did not burn my hand.

hold your hand under the light for 20 seconds see where your hand burns
if it burns your hand your to close,

try to have a fan that blows between the light and the canopy.
i dont know T5's so someone else will know better how far away to be.

i have 600 watt cooltube closer than 11 inchs to canopy. its gotta be hotter than T5's.

but i just looked at your pics again and they sure dont show signs of
the light being to far away. they have good close growth,

either way the T5"s arent burning your plant at 11 inchs.

might be nute burn back off on the nutes just alittle. even half strength might be to strong for that strain of MJ

I noticed that it looks like alot of the burnt leaves are close to the grow medium. I grow in soil and have notice if my soil is hot and my lower leaves on my lst plants come into contact with the hot soil they burn and look like yours. I have also read somewhere that GH nutes are really hot and to use ??? less than what the label says. Sorry dont remember how much less. Plant problems suck, hope you get it fixed soon :D Peace

ozzydiodude said:
might be nute burn back off on the nutes just alittle. even half strength might be to strong for that strain of MJ

Sounds like just the beginning of nute burn. Back off just a little, like 25% or so and keep an eye on the new growth.

For the lights, same deal, split the difference between where they were and the 11". An inch or 2 makes a big difference with lights.

Keep an eye on your plants, they will let you know.:hubba:

DD

yes, there is new growth. in the past when i got nute burn there was no new growth.

i will back off the nutes. and i'll put the lights between 5 and 11 inches.

thank you.

I had same problem but was dirt but plants looked Idenical to yours backed off newts and solved my problem hope it helps good luck man

Im not using nutes yet except what is in the Happy Frog jump start out of my for lil girls my Iss is really stressed out with this yellowing off and on,.. so It's not my nutes here my OG white widow and Great white are all happy lil girls! Soo I don't get it but the Iss is starting to stress me out!

'Whatever you give a woman, she will make it greater. If you give her sperm, she'll give you a baby. If you give her a house, she'll give you a home. If you give her groceries, she'll give you a meal.. If you give her a smile, she'll give you her heart. She multiplies and enlarges what is given to her. So, if you give her any crap, be ready to receive a ton of ****.'

It does look like nutrient burn, I will read your grow log later today, I have to be up in about six hours and I have a major test in the AM. I have ran a DWC and used GH so I will give you some tips that have helped me. Also please leave a list of what your have meaing.
1. System I know DWC
2. Temp
3. Humidity
4. PH
5. PPM
6. Do you have fresh air exchange in the room?
7. Do you have a fan on them?

and I will see about how far away you need to be with the T5, I know THG would know the answer but I have to go to bed sorry.

Latest posts

Back