Blueberry Plant having a bit of trouble.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stas

Reaction score
So i have a dutch passion Blue Berry flowering as of right now. it is just about a month into flowering and is starting to look really good. But is also starting to look a little sick, i noticed about a week ago that some of my leaves started turning yellow and started creating brown patches on the leaf. But that is only problem one.

The second problem is that the top leaves of a few branches are starting to turn yellow but look a bit better now. I believe this problem is because the HPS was to close to the plants so now i lifted my fan up higher and lifted the light as high as it can go. But i still am no expert so i would like to ask for some help.

I have recently upgraded to a 600 watt HPS air cooled system. My temps are around 75 - 80 degrees and 20 percent humidity. As i noticed the first problem with the fan leaves on the bottom starting to yellow then brown patches appeared my res. was getting really low and i believe the air stone was wrapped in my roots so it was not on the bottom mixing the water.

I do only have 2 gallon buckets for my res. :( which sucks because i would love 5 gallon buckets but i really don't have to much room at this time. Here are some pics of my grow. i hope you enjoy my pics and can maybe give me some info on whats happening and if i should be worried about it. So far in the past couple days it does not seem like any of it is spreading. But you can never be to safe.

Thanks Stas

DSC02193-ed.jpg

DSC02198-ed.jpg

DSC02202-ed.jpg

DSC02203-ed.jpg

DSC02204-ed.jpg

Hey there stas!

What's your ph at?

Although that looks more like a potassium deficiency, are you getting enough magnesium?

my Ph is 6.0. I was thinking it was some sort of nutrient problem but just not sure what.

Its look more like some nutrient burn to me but i could be wrong,

Are you giving them any cal-mag?

Ok so i checked my ph and ppm's today and im at 6.1 ph and about 1450ppm. I have been using the fox farm 3 part for my nutrients, i haven't added any other nutrients to the mix. Im still a new grower someday i hope make my own blend of nutrients.

I did notice that i was starting to get these problems when i switched my feeding from 2 tsp of tiger bloom and 1 Tbl of grow big to 2 tsp of grow big and 1 Tbl of grow big. I am following the feeding schedule right from the fox farm nutrients web site. I have always heard of people using it and it they got pretty good results.

BBFAN if it is a potassium deficiency what would you suggest on me changing or adding?

Thanks again guys for addressing my situation

Are you doing anything for calcium and magnesium?

The problem I have with most of these "specialized" nute regimens is that they intentionally leave out key micro and macro nutrients, forcing you to purchase everything they offer.

I don't use Fox Farms so I'm not sure what you're missing.

I do use FF nutes and on several occasions have found it to be weak in the cal-mag department. It seems like some plants just need more of this than what the foxfarm nutes can give. I think that BBFan is right on the money, and I would suggest you get a good cal-mag. I grow in soil, with dolomite lime so my soil will give my plants a little in this dept. but I would think that in hydro it would be an even worse problem. Your pH is a little high for hydro also I believe (I'm not a hydro grower) so it may be that you are also locking out the little bit of cal-mag that the FF line does offer. I would talk to a hydro grower first, and see what they say though. But I do know that I have had these same problems on occasion with Fox Farm.

I do believe LF is correct. It's only recently that I identified a severe CaMg deficiency in my tomatoes that also grow in the same medium. So I decided to supplement my healthy looking MJ plants too, and they exploded with growth.

Thanks guys i'm going to go out to my local hyrdoponic store to find a good Cal-Mag. Hopefully this will solve my problems we shall see soon.

What is a good cal-mag brand? I need to pick some up.

i just ended up buying the botanicare cal-mag.

Now im just a little confused on how to add it into my nutrient solution. Im taking it that i just add it to my solution and just make sure my ppm's are at the level i want them at?

any of the brand names will be good. I've never used botnicare, but I'm sure its fine. Right now I'm using my freebie organic ca-mg from General Hydro, or GO whatever you want to call it. I have used stuff from A&N before, and Micro Blast by Earth Juice...this one has other trace minerals in it to.

LF ill let you know how the Botanicare works for me. I got the Cal-mag plus. it also has trace minerals in it. thanks again for the help

hey LF, what's the cal-mag called from GH? I don't see anything on their website.

It's their General Organic line and it is Ca-Mg, the one i'm using right now. I can't remember what or if GH carries one under the general hydroponics name.

Stas....I'm sure that the botnicare will work good for, you but please do let us know. You do need to be sure that your pH is dialed in! It may be that your pH is a little out, and locking out the micro's...so don't go overkill on the cal-mag without checking that first. If it's locked out due to pH or high N content, you can dump all you want in there and all it will do is become buil-up.

Alright thanks LF i checked my ph and i'm at about 5.8 i made sure to drop my ph a bit since it was a little high but not to bad before. I just add the Cal-Mag yesterday so i should see some effects soon i hope. Ill keep keep checking my Ph to make sure i don't have Nut lock

Latest posts

Back