Sopappy's so so grows

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sending Green Mojo your way my Friend.

Hi HP, this is not my cup of tea, I think I'm losing them
The close-up is of a couple tops I took and I thought they'd root for sure but look dead to me, nice big stack bent over, others seem to be hanging on
You can see lighter shade on the plugs, I syringe them w about 10mL 300ppm water
I stopped misting until better bottle (thanks)
I nuke water 2 min, pour into tray (cubes do NOT touch) dome steams up
phasing into 18/6 from 24, only 2 tubes in that T5
it's room temp in the dome, creeps up a bit
hum 80 - 95
do I give up on those 3 in the close-up?

View attachment wayuphere.jpg

View attachment losingthemuprgt.jpg

View attachment plug3die.jpg

View attachment fingernails.jpg

View attachment steam.jpg

Ive always used Bubblers for my clones and then into 5 gallon DWC's. Never tried what your doing. Good luck.

Ive always used Bubblers for my clones and then into 5 gallon DWC's. Never tried what your doing. Good luck.

That's a great set-up for starting seeds in rapid rooters
but not getting anywhere with my clones.

I'm not following using a bubbler for clones....
cut the clone, insert into neoprene,
is the tip just sitting in bubbling water?
nevermind, watching youtube this morning, questions later

Well, that didn't take long. I'm off on my latest mad quest for clones. I'm going to throw together this poor man's cloner,
love this guy's attitude too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EERN8FLbioY
(think how much I'll save on neoprene inserts alone !!!)

then I'll empty my two trays into my new cloner bubbler and put some seeds in those trays, going to be lots of green in there or I die trying!

Man I hate you are having so much trouble. But keep trying, modifying and adjusting, you will find the right thing. I have a friend that clones in little Dixie cups of just straight water. He changes the water every day, and he gets about 50% success. The bad thing here is that some strains can be more difficult to clone and that can make you second guess yourself. A bubble cloner may be the trick for you. They work quite well.

there are many ways to do the same thing, what ever works for you is the best method. When I first moved the Cali 2 years ago, I had been popping beans considerably more than taking clones. I was doing rooters cubes and clonex and getting mixed results. Sometimes it worked great, sometimes not so much. I asked people out here what they did. My technique wasn't bad, it was the clonex. Now I use rockwool cubes, because it is the standard out here, and I use dip n gro. 100% every time. Good luck, green mojo.

I looked at that video and for easy to clone strains that will work fine but for harder strains, it may give you grief. Look at this video as it has some really good info for you I think.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHjwMH5336U

Its an ad for the HTG Octo-cloner which is a good type of cloner (I used to have one but gave it to a buddy who was struggling). I built my own bubble cloner out of a small tote that I cut holes in the top and fit some foam pipe insulator pcs into the holes and that left me with about 1/2" openings to set my cuttings in place. I'm sure I have pics somewhere in my journal. http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70037&page=2 Start at the top of pg2 and you can see where I made it, and then several slides down, you can see the cuttings and how I like to snip them back some.

If you are "handy" you can build one easily enough. But the video shows some important techniques that will help you if you haven't seen them before.

there are many ways to do the same thing, what ever works for you is the best method. When I first moved the Cali 2 years ago, I had been popping beans considerably more than taking clones. I was doing rooters cubes and clonex and getting mixed results. Sometimes it worked great, sometimes not so much. I asked people out here what they did. My technique wasn't bad, it was the clonex. Now I use rockwool cubes, because it is the standard out here, and I use dip n gro. 100% every time. Good luck, green mojo.

Hi Umbra, cat skinning...many ways, fer sure, what I find most perplexing is you never really know what worked and didn't work, lots of variables.
I've got something that works with seeds, the rapid rooters
but I don't like the rooter staying there ebbin' and flowin/ too soggy...
I likely won't be able to germinate in the foam now hahaha

Man I hate you are having so much trouble. But keep trying, modifying and adjusting, you will find the right thing. I have a friend that clones in little Dixie cups of just straight water. He changes the water every day, and he gets about 50% success. The bad thing here is that some strains can be more difficult to clone and that can make you second guess yourself. A bubble cloner may be the trick for you. They work quite well.

I think I'm my own worst enemy, HP, I keep 2nd guessing my plan when I learn something new.... now I'm upset because i walk past that huge rez bubbling and being cooled and it's doing NOTHING for two hours between flows.
I hate waste!
I'm going to get some re-circulating goin' on but hope to avoid root issues with an ebb&flo every couple hours.
Failing that, I'm putting a foam float on the rez with 8 net pots.

I looked at that video and for easy to clone strains that will work fine but for harder strains, it may give you grief. Look at this video as it has some really good info for you I think.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHjwMH5336U

Its an ad for the HTG Octo-cloner which is a good type of cloner (I used to have one but gave it to a buddy who was struggling). I built my own bubble cloner out of a small tote that I cut holes in the top and fit some foam pipe insulator pcs into the holes and that left me with about 1/2" openings to set my cuttings in place. I'm sure I have pics somewhere in my journal. http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70037&page=2 Start at the top of pg2 and you can see where I made it, and then several slides down, you can see the cuttings and how I like to snip them back some.

If you are "handy" you can build one easily enough. But the video shows some important techniques that will help you if you haven't seen them before.

Very nice cloner thingie but spray looks like it could strip paint. My clones are frail things. excellent video, thanks

I dropped an empty net pot in to a bucket with water and a stone.
Level about an inch below the pot.
Then dropped all my clones through the bottom holes and the leaves hold them up. Only the males will survive hahaha
Don't care, have seeds to start in 2 weeks
I'm trying polyurethane foam cubes for better drainage later in ebb& flow
I'll get started on my cloner later, and probably clone yours.

Good luck with it Pappy, You will hit the right combination at some point. Hopefully sooner than later. :)

Sorry about the light.... I can't bring myself to turn that light off for even a few seconds. Last grow, beautiful big plant hermied and I got those banana things. I think it was because i was doing a lot of green light excursions. I do not trust green lights anymore. I just won't go in.

View attachment flower.jpg

and here's my cover's neighbour. I smell my grow (in flower) sometimes when I'm coming and going. Awkward to say the least. This spring a skunk moved in and I've made comments to dog walking neighbours... watch out for the skunk,
I thought it'd be a great cover but I still smell that distinct odor waft by now and then.

View attachment cover.jpg

view this in black & white and it's easier to see
this is a white widow, a seedling 2 Jun, 7-8 weeks ago,
that clump on the bottom is 4 nodes above that the 5th
and the 2" gap to next 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
(I dropped from 24 to 18 is my guess, 2 other WW aren't as bad)

How would you trim this plant?

I'm thinking of cutting away the clump at the bottom,
keeping 4 branches and topping it

regular seed, tallest plant, if it's not a male, it will be after the trim :-(

View attachment trim.jpg

Im seeing rabbit stew. Yehaaaaaaaaa

Nice job Bro.

Those plants look like they are doing well. That last one looks like it stretched when you went to 18/6 but no problem. I would cut them all in half myself so that the lower branches will come out. HOWEVER, those also look very Indica in structure. Very Indica don't always like to be topped. If you want the side branches to come out more on them, remove all of the fan leaves from the lower 2/3 of plants (without cutting the secondary growth at those nodes) and they will branch out more.

Latest posts

Back