yellow leaves..some look burt please advise

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

techrons78

Reaction score
First grow in a long time growing la blanca fem under 1k eye hort 4x4 space..nutes usuing at time of burn..5 ml fox grow 5 ml calcmag 5 ml hygrozeym this was second feedingcofcthis nute combo.. before the last 3 were 5 ml fox grow and 5 ml cal mag..I havecheard tour roots will uptakw nore nutes with hygrozeym andcit happened as soon as the second feedingcofcthe hygr...3 days into flower under scrog. I started ro notice 2 looked kinda burt..I flushed the sick one and thecother recoved fine from flush.im using smart pots so I kinda squeezed out flush..so I flushed him twice...then he started to change color, edges burt..I see buring on allot of tips..but plant is still stretching and adding new growth. ..now growth looks ok just same yellow color. .he also did this at about 2 weeks old..so im lost..im using ffof soil..ph stays from 6.3 6.5 distilled water..air exhange...dehumidifier. ..so sny thoughts..gonna try and post pics...Tech...

The last pic the sick one is on right..I wanted to show difference in color and fullness..

View attachment 20141111_093432.jpg

View attachment 20141111_093448.jpg

View attachment 20141111_093528.jpg

They look pretty healthy to me. What size Smart Pots are those?

I see what you are talking about if the color is right on my screen. What are they planted in, soil wise?

I see what you are talking about if the color is right on my screen. What are they planted in, soil wise?

1st 3 weeks they where in a organic soil forgot name but it was garbage..soon as I transplanted bam they nuttted up..now I am uaing FfOF..and havw been for 5 weeks or so..snd yes mam you are correct the pix with just 2 the one on the right is bright green..after flush he had been looking same color so I looked on sick chart..looked likecmaybe I flushed all thw cal mag? If thats even possible..I just gace hin 2 days ago looked like cal or zinc prob..so I added just a little into 1-4 gal only added 1 ml of cal mag...2 ml of hygrozeym. .2 ml of pirahana. .but his color is off..Tech

I'm kind of lost here on what you are trying to do. It appears that you want an organic grow, but you are using Fox Farm Grow Bigf, which is not organic. Any good microbes that you may have going on are going to be killed by the use of chemical fertilizers. I am thinking that using non-organic nutes (is the Cal-Mag organic?) is playing havoc with everything. It has probably caused a lot of the microbes to die, if so, the soil is not feeding the plants anymore. You cannot mix organics and chemical nutrients and hope to keep a healthy microbe population. You cannot really flush organic grows, however you can deplete all the nutrients that are in the soil and/or kill the microbes.

Exactly what is hygrozyme, what is in it, what is it supposed to do, and why did you add it? Same with the Pirahana--what exactly is it, what is in it, and what does it do?

i like the simplicity of your grow :) to me it has to be either automated or just the simple old hand feeding. I dont know the source of your problem, but it sounds from what you told us, like it's a simple deficiency, maybe you only need to apply the right ferts to the right medium at the right dose. I wouldn't hit them hard with ferts straight away. I think that you can begin with 2/3 strength and go to full strength very soon after like 1 or 2 feedings away.

No organic grow, used fox grow before with success, hygrozyme iw supposedly medically benefitial no shelf life...helps break down old root mass and absorb the nutes you feed them better...advanced nutrients pirahna has 18 benefitial microbes helps with eoots also u give first 2 weeks of flowering or to seadlings...seeds popped in 30 hourw..was thru soil 24 hours after that. .so maybe it helps.

QUOTE=The Hemp Goddess;902685]I'm kind of lost here on what you are trying to do. It appears that you want an organic grow, but you are using Fox Farm Grow Bigf, which is not organic. Any good microbes that you may have going on are going to be killed by the use of chemical fertilizers. I am thinking that using non-organic nutes (is the Cal-Mag organic?) is playing havoc with everything. It has probably caused a lot of the microbes to die, if so, the soil is not feeding the plants anymore. You cannot mix organics and chemical nutrients and hope to keep a healthy microbe population. You cannot really flush organic grows, however you can deplete all the nutrients that are in the soil and/or kill the microbes.

Exactly what is hygrozyme, what is in it, what is it supposed to do, and why did you add it? Same with the Pirahana--what exactly is it, what is in it, and what does it do?[/QUOTE]

Thank y o u.....just hope it turns out well :)..yea thats what I was headed to..I figured either its 50 50 on what happenes..thx for chiming in...Tech

i like the simplicity of your grow :) to me it has to be either automated or just the simple old hand feeding. I dont know the source of your problem, but it sounds from what you told us, like it's a simple deficiency, maybe you only need to apply the right ferts to the right medium at the right dose. I wouldn't hit them hard with ferts straight away. I think that you can begin with 2/3 strength and go to full strength very soon after like 1 or 2 feedings away.

Things like Pirahana are going to be a waste of time if you are not doing an organic. You can either grow organic and used all organic everything OR you can grow with chemical. since this is a chemical grow, you do need to feed them. I think it is a good idea for a new grower to find a nute line they like and floow the directions for that. If you want to feed them Grow Big, them get any components from Fox Farm that you might need to go with it and then follow the manufacturer's directions. Add ing a little of this and a little of that is not going to give you good results. Find a nute line and then follow it.

Did you add any lime to your soil? How are you checking your pH? What is the pH of the nute solution you are feeding them? If the water is at 6.3 to 6.5 the nute solution is probably below optimum levels. For soil you may want to let your pH range from about 6.3 to 6.8.
What is the purpose of the large gauge netting?

Im ph the water after I nute them at 6.3..6.5..its should be higher??..the netting is one sub cool I beleieve recomended..will seee how it works out...they do seeem rather large lol...but im able to move whole sections I wws almost able to split plant in 4rs and let it grow in all my fill directions...Tech

Things like Pirahana are going to be a waste of time if you are not doing an organic. You can either grow organic and used all organic everything OR you can grow with chemical. since this is a chemical grow, you do need to feed them. I think it is a good idea for a new grower to find a nute line they like and floow the directions for that. If you want to feed them Grow Big, them get any components from Fox Farm that you might need to go with it and then follow the manufacturer's directions. Add ing a little of this and a little of that is not going to give you good results. Find a nute line and then follow it.

Did you add any lime to your soil? How are you checking your pH? What is the pH of the nute solution you are feeding them? If the water is at 6.3 to 6.5 the nute solution is probably below optimum levels. For soil you may want to let your pH range from about 6.3 to 6.8.
What is the purpose of the large gauge netting?

Latest posts

Back