How much should I use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sMACkaddict

Señor Member
Reaction score
I have a liquid organic fertilizer derived from bat guano. It says its NPK is 2-1-2 plus 18% humic and fulvic extract. It also has .1% Magnesium and .2% Iron. The directions on it only refer to per hectare amounts. :confused:

Can anyone give me an idea on how much would be considered "full strength" or any other way to gauge how much to use??

I would like to use this to in conjunction with Ozzys super simple cloning method in addition to just as a supplement to my dry nutes.

thanks

sMACk

so I found this site, which can tell you the ppm from the npk and how many teaspoons you use per gallon. I have to do some conversions because I am using 1L jugs right now for watering.

What I am thinking is, if I know what the ppm should be for clones/veg/whatever can I use this calculator to figure out how many teaspoons to use?

http://www.firstrays.com/fertcalc.htm

sMACk

Hey Rose, thanks for droppin in, and nice freakin harvest by the way:icon_smile: :eek: :D

Rosebud said:
I say a a hair under a tablespoon per gallon.

and that would be full strength you think?

sMACk

It just seems from the ratio of 2-1-2 that that would be a good place to start. I suppose you could use less and see what happens, but I would do the TBS per gallon.

That harvest was a surprise to both of us sMACk. A great big good surprise and it is only because of the peeps here at MP, but thank you though.

OK, so that is the low end amount you think? I mean not lowest, obviously, but I could use that as a starting point for clones as well?

sMACk

I don't use any nutes on clones till they are potted and been in veg a while because the soil I use is ffof and it has some nutes in it. I don't like to over fertilize. Then I put them in my own super soil that is prenuted. I hope this helps a little sMack.

What medium do you root clones in? I plan on using Ozzys super simple method.

I am trying to figure out the best nute delivery system for my future clones. I have dry nutes and this liquid bat guano stuff. I could mix dry nutes into the my promix or top dress them. I know I don't want to feed clones till they root, but I'm not sure which method will work best. Of course I will ahve to experiment but this guidance definitely helps.

thanks

sMACk

I made a DIY bubble cloner from the DIY section here. I use a rooting hormone on the stem and in the rapid rooters, and I like Superthrive to mist and soak the rapid rooters in before going into the cloner. When they are rooted I put them in ffof soil. Then later in the SS.

Check out the way Hemperfi clones too. It is in his journal that should be in his signature line. He has better results than I do. Lots of good stuff to read.

ok, I wanted to do bubble cloning too but its not worth the effort to keep the res temps low enough in my climate...

sMACk

Latest posts

Back