Organic Bloom Fertilizers, so many choices!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
drfting07 said:
Picked up some Kelp Meal and Brer Rabbit Molasses yesterday. Going to use it as a boost during flower. Teach me the way of the seaweed!

Does that kelp meal tell u teaspoon or tablespoon per gallon? Start now with a 1/4 of what it says and increase each week. Add it to your tea prior to the beni's. What kelp did you get. What's the % of nutes.

:ciao: Hey Moaky

Its Espoma Kelp Meal. 1-0-2

drfting07 said:
:ciao: Hey Moaky

Its Espoma Kelp Meal. 1-0-2
Scratch what I said then. Use what ever they say. Then double it. The stuff I get is 0-0-17

Great post on the FF from sccc guy. That's good info if it holds. The FF website words their info so there is no contradiction. I know there frets are mineral based that have been buffered. But what with and what does it do to them. Chemical frets are salt based which kills microbes. FF ingredients in the nute line contain atleast one of these (besides bloom) Ammonium Nitrate, Ammonium Phosphate, Superphosphate, and Potassium Sulfate. All of which have been documented as harming the benificial micro-organisms in soil.

I am new to organics as most of you know, but I don't understand something being "mostly organic"...isn't that like being a little pregnant? I would think that it either is or it isn't?

The Hemp Goddess said:
I am new to organics as most of you know, but I don't understand something being "mostly organic"...isn't that like being a little pregnant? I would think that it either is or it isn't?

This all depends on your definition of organic. There are quite a few:D

Some do not consider that they are growing organically unless everyting they use is organic. From the seeds, to the soil, to the pesticides, and fungicides. Then there are the real extremes that do not considerate it organic unless everything they use on their garden is produced right on their land.

pcduck said:
This all depends on your definition of organic. There are quite a few:D

Some do not consider that they are growing organically unless everyting they use is organic. From the seeds, to the soil, to the pesticides, and fungicides. Then there are the real extremes that do not considerate it organic unless everything they use on their garden is produced right on their land.

Im in total agreement with Duck. There are quite a few variations of the title "organic" IMO

The only reason i wouldnt use something organic is pest or disease control. I do use Sevin Dust and Eagle20. But, everything that goes into my planting container is always organic. Base soil, soil additives, drenches, teas and ferts are organic. OMRI certified. Im an "organic dirt digger" But if a bug or disease gets in my way, i nuke it. No second thoughts.

Thats m take on it anyway
Drfting07

Im a personal fan of Advanced nutrients Iguana Juice and their Mother Earth Tea recipes. Never had any problems, micro or macro.

I don't think you can call it an organic grow if you use any pesticides or fungicides that are not organic. I am "one of those" pure organic crazys.

i just started with the fox farms have use the grow big, i did see an increse in veg then went to big bloom and tiger bloom my plant have decent looking buds forming are green and look pretty health to me. and although fox farms is working for me i am still going to try the other nutrient packs when i get a chance.

drfting07 said:
The only reason i wouldnt use something organic is pest or disease control. I do use Sevin Dust and Eagle20. But, everything that goes into my planting container is always organic. Base soil, soil additives, drenches, teas and ferts are organic. OMRI certified. Im an "organic dirt digger" But if a bug or disease gets in my way, i nuke it. No second thoughts.

that seems pretty counter productive to me.
you feed them nice clean organic goodness.. then load em with systemic fungicide :eek:

no offense meant.. i know what a PITA PM is, i just really hope you're not a caregiver and all this is personal smoke.
nothing worse than people thinking they're getting some great healthy organic pot, meanwhile it contains traces of eagle (yes, i've read how eagle should be gone by harvest if used correctly.. but that makes no sense to me if it's systemic ;))

i'm an organic grower.. but i make sure it's know that it is 'bottled organics'.. i know it's not far from synth and is a far cry from legit organics.. but it's the best and as close as i can get for now ;)

ones i've tried from your list are just iguana and the gen-organic bio (which isn't stand alone.. you will NEED calmg (or some source in your soil) ;) )
if you're legit living soil organics, i think the GO bio is a better choice of the two for a boost. iguana is a little chelated. (oh yeah, GO says it's a no-ph line *if your soil is amended good* ..i don't think mine was, and had ph problems, thought i'd add that ;) )

Latest posts

Back