curling leaves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sure I can help you if you want. we can do it in PM or here so others can see the results (if you want), either way works for me. :)

Great! I have no idea how to proceed but I'm thinking I want to know what's in the water to see if it's already in my nutes....
So I'm putting together an excel sheet with my nute ingredients in one column and I'll find out how much is already in the water (re the report)
and have it in next column.
I won't know what to do after that. :)

Once we have that information, we can proceed from there. You may find that you have to aerate your water for a period of time before you can use it so that chlorine or other evaporative chemicals can get out of it. Then you would decide how much you want to feed them and mix that into the solution. At that point you would check the ppm of the solution and then check the pH before doing anything else. Some nutrients require that you aerate the solution for a period of time before doing any adjustments to the pH in order to allow buffers in the solution to work themselves in. Then you would do a pH adjustment, allow it to sit for a period of time, and then check again and possibly readjust.

This seems quite a bit tedious to do but you only have to do this until you learn what the nutrient brand, local water, and buffers are going to do each time. After you have done it a few times, it will become way easier and repetitive to do a water/solution set up. And doing periodic adjustments will also get easier as well.

I highly recommend that you get a notebook or something to keep notes on everything. That way you can go back and see changes that you made. And don't do it stoned :stoned:

Once we have that information, we can proceed from there. You may find that you have to aerate your water for a period of time before you can use it so that chlorine or other evaporative chemicals can get out of it. Then you would decide how much you want to feed them and mix that into the solution. At that point you would check the ppm of the solution and then check the pH before doing anything else. Some nutrients require that you aerate the solution for a period of time before doing any adjustments to the pH in order to allow buffers in the solution to work themselves in. Then you would do a pH adjustment, allow it to sit for a period of time, and then check again and possibly readjust.

This seems quite a bit tedious to do but you only have to do this until you learn what the nutrient brand, local water, and buffers are going to do each time. After you have done it a few times, it will become way easier and repetitive to do a water/solution set up. And doing periodic adjustments will also get easier as well.

I highly recommend that you get a notebook or something to keep notes on everything. That way you can go back and see changes that you made. And don't do it stoned :stoned:

I have a couple tubs kept full and bubbling at the ready but I'm not letting my mixtures sit long enough before trusting pH readings.
I keep a log of Ph, ppm, notes, but I'll be dammed if i can keep them labelled correctly, especially when things go wrong.
I haven't started the excel sheet yet :), and I still have old nutes to use up.
I'll drag you over to my grow when the sheet's ready, I feel like I'm hi-jacking a thread here.
I'm going to start another thread on that last comment, you're right but boy, that's hard.

lol, yeah every time I try to tend my stuff while baked, I screw up something so I try to hold off on the bowl until after I am done :D

Latest posts

Back