Why ask for cannabis legalization?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlebigman

Reaction score
Or "medical cannabis" or "hemp" or anything short of challenging governments authority to outlaw any plant specie?

As a freedom and truth human I must wonder...

I can offer many reasons why this 'make an exception for this category approach' is counterproductive to our in common circumstances of reality, but I would first like to have some feedback from the ''baby steppers''...thanks...:farm: :guitar: :welcome: :48: :peace:

WoW its a bit quiet out there...is this thing on...any free thinkers 4 freedom or compromisers to slavery and self distruction on line?

heres a bit i just left at another thread that might help kick start this thread?...

what with everything from war 2 genetic engineering/ownership of life, global warming and the like mostly driven by the manufactured realities of capitalism and the like u and i and those who might come after us no longer have time 2 indulge in the luxury of compromising 2 a false reality...
nothing will "get better" until we come 2the realization that we r 1 with nature and not apart from it...
that realization comes with the understanding that we all exist in a web of life that all works 2gether 2 bring, sustain and evolve life on this particular biosphere...
it is bcuz of these realities that gov has no real authority 2 outlaw any species...it violates the common law/natural law that rules everything that exists and which trumps all man made laws no matter how permanent we might want 2 believe they r...
in this respect we should simply be demanding an acceptance of reality which would thereby result in all plants b'n legal period...
then let the zoning wars bgin...hehehe

littlebigman said:
gov has no real authority 2 outlaw any species...it violates the common law/natural law that rules everything that exists and which trumps all man made laws

This sounds all well and good, but it's hard to agree with when thousands of people in just the USA are doing time in prison for using weed.

A prison sentence sure seems to give the gov a lot of authority.....

I look at the human species as being just out of the trees. We all have one foot still planted firmly in the lower branch of a tree. The human species will evolve and marijuana will become legal.

Just ain't gonna happen any time soon. First, we've all got to quit throwing lead pellets at each other, among many thousands of other monkey-like things.

Oooh Oooh Ahhh Ahhhh, gimme that nanner.....:banana:

i can dig it SB...
i would ask u 2 chew on this a bit though 4now...
in the usa system there is implied consent if there is no objection...
this applies 2 court, congress and the executive branches...
if u challenge the exception but not the rule, u r then conceding that the rule is valid...thus making any challenge more difficult bcuz the burden falls on u or i 2 prove the exception...
if 1 challenges the rule, then the burden can shift back 2 gov 2 verify and justify how and where they get there authority 2 bgin with...
y not start at the bginning?
i have more 2 say on this, but its gonna have 2 wait till later when i have a bit more time...

Here in the UK the government were going to legalise weed. but instead they lowered the drug class to a type C (heroin and cocaine are A). so basically you get a slap on the wrist and your stuff confiscated. The ONLY reason our governemnt will not legalise totally is becuase of a few factors..

1) marijuana cuases psychosis and the deteriation of brain tissue. While this may be the case (and i know a couple of people who went skitzo) it hasnt exactly been proven as a lot of things cause psychosis.

2) the government aren't ready to produce mass fields of yeild as they dont have the resources yet. They want to legalise to obtain massive tax profits which would be fine for me as a lot of street weed is harmful due to crap dealers add to line their pockets with cash

there r more reasons but my laptop battery is dead :(

littlebigman said:
in the usa system there is implied consent if there is no objection...this applies 2 court, congress and the executive branches...
All the fancy phrasing in the world will not eliminate the fact that the gov is not listening. The gov will not allow legalization until they do start to listen. Until then, thousands more pot smokers will go to prison.

They identify you when you speak out. I'll be nice and quiet and enjoy my pot like the other 25 million people in the USA. The gov can kiss my butt.

Stoney Bud said:
All the fancy phrasing in the world will not eliminate the fact that the gov is not listening. The gov will not allow legalization until they do start to listen. Until then, thousands more pot smokers will go to prison.

They identify you when you speak out. I'll be nice and quiet and enjoy my pot like the other 25 million people in the USA. The gov can kiss my butt.

the life u live is not just 4 urself SB even if u pretend it is...
we live bcuz of all that came b4 us and bcuz of all that exists now and 4 all the 1s that come after us...that reality is unavoidable...
have u read about this case?
http://www.hemphasis.net/kiczenski.htm
its about the web of life and the constitution and such...it even goes 2 religion...
the freedom and justice that is r responsibility 2 maintain and evolve awaits r appearance either in the courts or in bloody revolution...if 1 does not understand this then i dare say that 1 does not understand the full extent of the consequences of r in common current circumstances...

DrGreenThumb said:
Here in the UK the government were going to legalise weed. but instead they lowered the drug class to a type C (heroin and cocaine are A). so basically you get a slap on the wrist and your stuff confiscated. The ONLY reason our governemnt will not legalise totally is becuase of a few factors..

1) marijuana cuases psychosis and the deteriation of brain tissue. While this may be the case (and i know a couple of people who went skitzo) it hasnt exactly been proven as a lot of things cause psychosis.

2) the government aren't ready to produce mass fields of yeild as they dont have the resources yet. They want to legalise to obtain massive tax profits which would be fine for me as a lot of street weed is harmful due to crap dealers add to line their pockets with cash

there r more reasons but my laptop battery is dead :(
please recharge and come back :)

man just reading the stuff you type gives me a headache, it sounds very much like your trying to overplay your words. are you trying to make a point here or you just trying to convince us that your vocabulary is very articulate?

take no offense to what i am saying, but i would imagine your self walking into a court room talking like that and the judge just sitting there with some puzzled look on his face cause he has no idea what you are talking about.

cyberquest said:
man just reading the stuff you type gives me a headache, it sounds very much like your trying to overplay your words. are you trying to make a point here or you just trying to convince us that your vocabulary is very articulate?

take no offense to what i am saying, but i would imagine your self walking into a court room talking like that and the judge just sitting there with some puzzled look on his face cause he has no idea what you are talking about.
well cq as 4 the first part of ur contribution, if i knew a better way 2 say it i would...but its input like urs that helps me know i must keep try'n 2 say it in whatever way i can...
as 2 ur second point that exists partly in ur imagination, i must admit it does also partly exist in reality.
b aware though that i did win the first hearing 4 summary judgment motioned 4 by the gov and the case was set 4 trial...
gov then motioned 2 retry their move 4 summary judgment (a bit unorthodox 2 get the second chance) and that time they prevailed on the semantics 2 which the appeals court is now grappling with...
no offense taken cq...
please indulge me in the same request on ur part...

Look at it like this. We as people do not have to listen to what the gov. says. We have free will and with that free will can do whatever we please. The thing is, when we use our free will to go against mans law we end up being chased down by thousands of people who have used their free will to follow mans law. The odds of conformist vs. anti-conformist are stacked quite high in the favor of conformist.

I'm with SB. I think this issue is like alot of the issues of the day. People need to live and let live. Stay out of my business and I won't put my business in your face. There are way to many people that want to stand up and scream "I smoke pot" or "I'm a gay or lesbian" or whatever it is that people like to do. I say good for you! Now shut up and sit down and do your thing in private. Oh well...that's my 2 cents.

pussum said:
Look at it like this. We as people do not have to listen to what the gov. says. We have free will and with that free will can do whatever we please. The thing is, when we use our free will to go against mans law we end up being chased down by thousands of people who have used their free will to follow mans law. The odds of conformist vs. anti-conformist are stacked quite high in the favor of conformist.

good point, but the good thing about the usa system is that its set up so that when congress passes a manslaw and the executive branch signs it in2 officialdumb, it then can and should go 2 the third branch 4 check & balance...
in this instance the issue of original gov authority 2 outlaw a plant specie has never been checked/challenge in court 4 constitutionality or common law...and in this regard at least it shows the clear and present path 2 how we set out towards redress no matter the odds against a favorable outcome...
the effort alone would reframe the debate and i think nature would take its course from there...

theyorker said:
I'm with SB. I think this issue is like alot of the issues of the day. People need to live and let live. Stay out of my business and I won't put my business in your face. There are way to many people that want to stand up and scream "I smoke pot" or "I'm a gay or lesbian" or whatever it is that people like to do. I say good for you! Now shut up and sit down and do your thing in private. Oh well...that's my 2 cents.

well thats interesting and im glad 2 hear from ya, but im not quite sure thats what SB was say'n?...
maybe SB can chime in on that...
as 4 me i must offer that if so many that came b4 us had taken the position u seem 2 b taking here there would still b only white men voting while all others r subjects 2 their will...
1 day life will bite u hard enough that u will finally understand the screams that now only seem 2 irritate u...life has a way of do'n it in such poetic irony 2 though usually sad and tragic...

littlebigman said:
good point, but the good thing about the usa system is that its set up so that when congress passes a manslaw and the executive branch signs it in2 officialdumb, it then can and should go 2 the third branch 4 check & balance...
in this instance the issue of original gov authority 2 outlaw a plant specie has never been checked/challenge in court 4 constitutionality or common law...and in this regard at least it shows the clear and present path 2 how we set out towards redress no matter the odds against a favorable outcome...
the effort alone would reframe the debate and i think nature would take its course from there...

What the Supreme Court has ruled is the US govt has the right to regulate drugs. Under that authority they can set rules on the distribution of controlled substances such as MJ. What they don't have the right to do is interfer in my private life without reasonable cause. So I'll shut my mouth and live my life and make sure I am not involved in the distribution of illegal substances. As for what I do in my garage??? Mind your own business...unless you want a hit..:bong1:

eyedu c wareyercominfrm, bteyem knotshureeye agree withwhatuve said.

BTW, it's damn hard to read abbreviated English like what you're typing, at my age.

I've lived 74 years. A simple look at the history books will tell you what I've lived through. I understand what you're saying. I really do. However, after seeing as much life as I've seen, I've come to much different conclusions than you have.

To each his own as they say.

I won't tell you that you're wrong to think as you do, but I'd like the same respect. You sound like your preaching a tad man.

Originally said by Albert Einstein:
"If you can't explain something simply, you simply don't understand it"

Good luck to you man, and I'm glad that you're the balance between me and others. Keep your mind alive.

Stoney Bud said:
eyedu c wareyercominfrm, bteyem knotshureeye agree withwhatuve said.

BTW, it's damn hard to read abbreviated English like what you're typing, at my age.

I've lived 74 years. A simple look at the history books will tell you what I've lived through. I understand what you're saying. I really do. However, after seeing as much life as I've seen, I've come to much different conclusions than you have.

To each his own as they say.

I won't tell you that you're wrong to think as you do, but I'd like the same respect. You sound like your preaching a tad man.

Originally said by Albert Einstein:
"If you can't explain something simply, you simply don't understand it"

Good luck to you man, and I'm glad that you're the balance between me and others. Keep your mind alive.
Cheers SB!
I do respect you and of this you can be sure.
Sory to come across in all the negative SB, I'm actually trying to be posotive:confused2: , maybe its my lack of social skils and formal education:eek:.
Albert sure was a wildcat.
I like these bits to:

Albert Einstein, Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."

Albert Einstein
"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education."

:)

So What Was The Question? "Why Ask For Cannibis Legallization"? Ok Why Not? But Was That Really What You Where Wanting To Discuss? Or Would You Rather Talk Politic's? I Really Have No Desire To Talk Politic's.

theyorker said:
What the Supreme Court has ruled is the US govt has the right to regulate drugs. Under that authority they can set rules on the distribution of controlled substances such as MJ. What they don't have the right to do is interfer in my private life without reasonable cause. So I'll shut my mouth and live my life and make sure I am not involved in the distribution of illegal substances. As for what I do in my garage??? Mind your own business...unless you want a hit..:bong1:
Well actually that's not a very accurate description of the law in regards to what the law allows you to do in your garage.
Manufacturing is also a violation of federal law, so is possession.
Also, controlling "drugs" or "substances" does not necessarily grant authority to outlaw gardening for your own personal food and medicine or whatever.
The Supreme Court has validated the constitutionality of the CSA against
the commerce clause, though the lawyers arguing for freedom did a less than good job in my opinion.
The Supreme Court has never been charged with the task of weighting the constitutionality of the CSA against the common law tie in's to the 9th amendment.
So until it is established as a self evident natural born right to grow whatever plants you so choose in your garden or garage, you will be subject to regulations that would put you in jail for growing a plant.:48:

Comatoked said:
So What Was The Question? "Why Ask For Cannibis Legallization"? Ok Why Not? But Was That Really What You Where Wanting To Discuss? Or Would You Rather Talk Politic's? I Really Have No Desire To Talk Politic's.

Politics?
Not at all.
If you read the thread (while translating and surviving the headache) you will find direct arguments for challenging the rule rather than the exception.
I asked for reasonable justification for continuing to just push for the exception, I cant say I've seen anything that grabs my sense of logic.
Maybe I'm just stupid:eek:

Latest posts

Back