Autoflower Narcotherapy,WhiteWidow,RedPoison + Satori Mandela Mommy!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What should be next??

• Critical Kush

• Purple OG

• Blue OG

• 710 Cheese

• High Priority

• Super Shark

• Andromina

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hey MR1,

They have had no nutes yet, just pure r/o water. Not sure why 1 outta 6 is saying its starving?? The red poison was this light green color when it popped out of its shell..

Ambient air temp outside the tent is in the low 60's with humidity in the low 40's. IF the exhaust fan is on constant it gets a little chilly in there, and the humidity drops alot. Even with the fan turned down to the lowest setting, I can't keep the temps / humidity up.

Are you going to have enough headroom with a tent that is only 5.25' using an LED light? I have concerns about this as the light needs to be kept 18-24" away from the canopy. The autos will probably be okay, but the Satori can get to be quite big. So, I am wondering what you can do with her (girl mojo)

You should be running your exhaust fan all the time.

The thing with the big pots is that you are only making it harder and using more nutes than you need. There really are reasons to keep plants in smaller pots while they are small. I don't know if I mentioned it before, but I hope you made slits in the peat pots as (contrary to what advertising says) roots do have a hard time growing through them. And it kind of looks like the water is not even getting through well. You can see that the soil around the plant is dry whole the rest of the soil is still damp. Please do not feel that people are "flaming and burning" you when they are simply trying to help you grow better plants.

Hey THG,

Headroom is an issue, wish I had more height but I have a 6' ceiling. Been looking at the Secret Jardin 120 II, it would fit nicely and is 6'. Its hard to find a tent thats not taller than 6'..

Two grows back before I had the thermostat in there, the fan was running all the time. But I had to add 3 heat mats(one under each passive intake), a humidifier in the tent, and then a dehumidifier outside the tent because the RH was just tooooo much. It just wasn't working out very well.. lots of wasted energy, the exhaust just sucked the heat / humidity out and I was fighting a loosing battle. I tried tearing a hole in the vent hose so it was blowing half the air back into the tent but it didn't seem to help either, figured the thermostat was the way to go?

If you could solve any of these issues without using 1000's of watts of power, I would be overjoyed. Perhaps ditch the 4" vortec fan and use something smaller?

Autoflowers hate being transplanted, they have a strange tap root that grows big, and straight down, if it hits the bottom of a pot, that basicly determines the bottom of the roots from what i've seen with my last 3 auto grows.

I mangled the bottom of the peat pots, took what I could off unless I was touching the roots so they should have no problem getting out. The reason its dryer inside the peat pot is I have only watered around the outside of the root pouch, im sure water is wicking into the center, just don't want to disturb the roots of the little seedling so I have left the very middle alone.

The reference to flaming and burning happened on a different forum, it's one thing to state your opinion and offer suggestions but its another to take over a thread due to a large pot, there has been much debate over transplanting auto's, and I suppose this is the route I have chosen, it seems to work out for me.

Thanks THG.

If they have not had any nutes yet I would give the Red Poison a light feeding to see if it helps before you get rid of it.
Can you get the ambient space temp higher by putting a space heater in the room where the tent is? My humidity runs about 20% in the winter, a little higher in the summer, my temps are, lowest 65, highest around 78. I like the 40% humidity.

It is in a basement, the temp down there fluctuates depending on how often the furnace / hot water heater are running. But its usually in the low to mid 60's. I have had a space heater down there in the past but it has to run almost constantly to have much effect. It's an open basement so I have to heat the whole floor, doesn't seem realistic to waste 1500 watts on heat, on the other hand, if I added another tent, hooked them together, the exhaust could be run constantly.

I'll turn the thermostat off, and the fan to the lowest setting it will go with still be able to turn back on due to a power failure, and get back with some temps / rh values.

When the tent is in flower, I run the fan constant due to the smell, I also lower the humidity to 30% in the basement with a dehumidifier which in turn raises the temp and it does pretty good. Just trying to place it safe and use as little power as possible

Yeah it would be tough to heat the whole basement, my tent is in the basement in the same room as the furnace. I guess it would help if you could make the area around your tent smaller so you would not have to heat such a large area.

Ok, so for some reason the fan lets me turn it down more than usual, temps are at 75.2- 76.3 rh 41%-43%

I re-opened the large tear in the exhaust duct so it blows half the warm air back down into the tent, but the exhaust is now on 24/7

I like the 40% humidity.

So 40ish humidity is alright for veg?

I will give the r.p a 1/4 dose of the fish emulision, its quick and easy, has a nice ph.

My veg space is 41% right now and my plants are doing real good, been low enough not to read on my meter ( below 15% ), plants still did well. some people might like it higher. If it hits 60% I turn on the dehumidifier. Summer can get humid so if I can keep it at 55% I am happy. Don't know anything about the fish emulsion , sorry.
Correction, Just checked meter, it shows 31%.

I kinda like the low humidity as well, it lets my pots dry out quicker.. But I always heard optimum conditions are more like 60-70% for veg

THG,

As far as exhaust goes, riddle me this...

You have a heat source inside a box, it takes "x" volume of air to cool it to the desired temp. If the air is exchanged at a slow constant, or in fast pulses, the same volume of air would be required to cool the same heat source correct?

I know we aren't necessarily talking about heat, that is not the concern, we are taking about c02. But, if I have it setup to run in pulses, or continuously, the same amount of air would be going inside the tent to achieve the same temperature right?

If you were to compare the air inside a tent, to the water inside a reservoir, I would think its better to exchange all the air/water at once, than a slow stream of clean air/water going in.

Lots of words, had some blade hoots of the ak 47, awesomeness :) But if the above is correct, that means im exchanging the same amount of air, thermostat or no thermostat.

I'm not trying to argue, and I don't discredit any of the information you have given me just trying to get my head wrapped around the concept. I have changed it to 24/7, but I will be honest having the thermostat connected gives me a more steady / controllable temperature gradient. I "had" the thermostat setup to turn on at 78, off at 75, so there was a 3degree (or approx. 5min) delay between air exchanges, this allowed the humidity to rise inside the tent, and reduced power, both of which are good things, especially for seedlings and veg. Keep in mind that during flower the exhaust runs constant and humidity is controlled.

** gave the red poison 1 liter of 1/4 dose of fish emulsion **

View attachment 20150325_223410.jpg

View attachment 20150325_223437.jpg

View attachment 20150325_223446.jpg

View attachment 20150325_223451.jpg

View attachment 20150325_223456.jpg

View attachment 20150325_223502.jpg

View attachment 20150325_225603.jpg

View attachment 20150325_225616.jpg

looking to trade some seeds
i have a ton of some local blue dream seeds

hmm, im assuming this is due to the leaves touching the ground.? Happening on 3 plants, but only the bottom leaf thats touching the ground.. I knew it wasn't good for them to be touching but i've have never seen it first hand.

Was going to water them today, but I weighed one and it is 12lbs, I figure it can go another day

View attachment aa.jpg

Looking good Next, I would say yes to your question.

Ok so time for some water.. if I remember correctly should take about 5-6liters to get some decent run off. I decided to go with 1 gallon for each plant, sounds like an easy number, and they aren't bone dry so we'll see how it goes. Hopefully it will be enough to atleast fully saturate the pots.

I decided use some General Organics, Bio Root - Root Booster. Says to use 1tsp/gallon for light feed, 2tsp/gallon for heavy feed. I used 1/2tsp/gallon. Starting ppm of RO water was 12 (old filters) after adding the Bio Root I have a whopping 38ppm :) I used two 5gal buckets put airstones in them and aerated the nutes / water for bout an hour before I watered.

On another note, I do think the red poison is responding nicely to the fish emulsion. Also the cotyledons are just starting to turn yellow on the others, so thats why I figured I could give a lil bit a love juice ;)

So, they all got 4 liters except the poison because it had a liter previously.. 4Liters each was plenty, bottom of the tent is a mess =/ I have never seen a plant droop inside a Roots pot with pro-mix, I think thats why I can get away with having seedlings in a 5gal pot. The evaporation around the outside of the pot helps out alot, and with the ventilation inside the tent even an empty pot would dry out in a week. I am loving them anyways..

Interesting thing I seen while I was in there.. the peat pots are kinda bugging me, the fact that their kinda dry ect.. but take a look at this.. must be some mycorrhizal fungi. This is on the Red Poison around the outside of the peat pot. Pic says 1000 words so here it is

*I have been doing things slightly differently, the soil is as loose as it could be inside the pot. I've been watering very slowly, and only around the outside trying to prevent any compaction / soil disturbance. Apparently the microbes are thanking me for it. Or I have a mould problem -.-*

View attachment hm.jpg

View attachment hmmm.jpg

Are you going to have enough headroom with a tent that is only 5.25' using an LED light? I have concerns about this as the light needs to be kept 18-24" away from the canopy. The autos will probably be okay, but the Satori can get to be quite big. So, I am wondering what you can do with her (girl mojo)

You should be running your exhaust fan all the time.

The thing with the big pots is that you are only making it harder and using more nutes than you need. There really are reasons to keep plants in smaller pots while they are small. I don't know if I mentioned it before, but I hope you made slits in the peat pots as (contrary to what advertising says) roots do have a hard time growing through them. And it kind of looks like the water is not even getting through well. You can see that the soil around the plant is dry whole the rest of the soil is still damp. Please do not feel that people are "flaming and burning" you when they are simply trying to help you grow better plants.

For what its worth the specs on the website say the light should be 12-18" above the canopy for flower. Just thought i'd clear that up incase someone has the same light. I was thinking of doing a sea of green, or something of the sorts with some clones.

Latest posts

Back