Bongo's BOMB Newb Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bongofury

Need a light?
Reaction score
My seeds came in and my vegging tent is all set up. I'm ready to start the seeds tomorrow. I've learned that "reading here" that the seeds don't need much light. With that said I was going to keep my (8) T5 4' bulbs Very high, all the way up for a few days then lower the lights to within 3" or so. 24/7. Where am I going wrong lol:stoned:

Most T5s with over 4 bulbs have switches to only run part of the bulbs. So shut off as many as you can and still have light. Have a small fan that blows gently on the plants when they get above ground.

Do you have some kind of seed starter mix?

Most T5s with over 4 bulbs have switches to only run part of the bulbs. So shut off as many as you can and still have light. Have a small fan that blows gently on the plants when they get above ground.

Do you have some kind of seed starter mix?

Yes I do have seed starter mix. Thanks Hemp Goddess. That is what I needed to know.

I planted my seeds last night. I used kegger cups with holes drilled in the bottom. I marked the cups and planted 5 regular AK 47 seeds and 10 feminized THC bomb seeds.
I should post some pics of my veg tent if anyone is interested.:vap-leafy_wave:

Very cool, green mojo for the babies. I like a couple of holes up from the bottom too.

Let us see the sprouts... exciting stuff. I have never had AK47 but have always heard great things about it.

I'm ALWAYS interested Bongo . Positive vibes bro . What size Tent do you have to Flower 15 Plants in? ( If all girls)

Gratz, get your grow on man, green mojo :aok:

I'm ALWAYS interested Bongo . Positive vibes bro . What size Tent do you have to Flower 15 Plants in? ( If all girls)

Stank....something is wrong....you and I are in agreement!

Ten of the seeds are fems and 5 regular, so probably 12-13 females. That is going to take a fair amount of space. Do you have enough room for that many plants? Do you have the time to care for that many?

The tent is only a 2'X4'. I figure it will hold 8 plants in 3 gallon pots. When the time comes I have another growing area for flowering that will hold 9 plants in 3 gallon pots. I figure I can veg in the flowering area for a few weeks or so with 9 plants. That leaves 6 in the tent to veg, that is if all the seeds grow and all the AK 47's are female.

When I harvest the 1st crop I will switch the tent plants to flowering area and have some clones in the tent.

Then I may switch to tomatoes cause I'll have enough weed to last for a long time.:woohoo:

Just because a given space will hold x number of pots does not mean that you should put that many in them. I am thinking that 8 vegging plants is going to be quite a bit and you have almost twice that--15.

I didn't quite understand your plan with flowering part of them and leaving some of them in veg longer? Are you going to veg those 6 left in veg for 4 months? How large is your flowering space? I have a space almost 20 sq ft and never put more than 8 plants in that. I cannot stress enough that too many plants in a space will result in less harvest and looser airier bud. What you yield is pretty much determined by your light and other conditions. More plants does not mean more yield, but it can mean less.

When growing from clones you can put plants into flowering while they are still small and get more in a space. Seed however is going to take what it takes. The plant will not start flowering until it is sexually mature, regardless of the light schedule. Putting a plant into 12/12 before it is ready usually results in stretched plants with fewer bud sites. So, keeping them in 24/7 light until they are ready is always a better choice.

And do not count your chickens before they hatch. It is great to be hopeful, but this is a long process and a hundred things can come along to trip you up along the way.

Just because a given space will hold x number of pots does not mean that you should put that many in them. I am thinking that 8 vegging plants is going to be quite a bit and you have almost twice that--15.

I didn't quite understand your plan with flowering part of them and leaving some of them in veg longer? Are you going to veg those 6 left in veg for 4 months? How large is your flowering space? I have a space almost 20 sq ft and never put more than 8 plants in that. I cannot stress enough that too many plants in a space will result in less harvest and looser airier bud. What you yield is pretty much determined by your light and other conditions. More plants does not mean more yield, but it can mean less.

When growing from clones you can put plants into flowering while they are still small and get more in a space. Seed however is going to take what it takes. The plant will not start flowering until it is sexually mature, regardless of the light schedule. Putting a plant into 12/12 before it is ready usually results in stretched plants with fewer bud sites. So, keeping them in 24/7 light until they are ready is always a better choice.

And do not count your chickens before they hatch. It is great to be hopeful, but this is a long process and a hundred things can come along to trip you up along the way.

I meant putting some of the plants in the flowering area but keeping them in the veg state of 24/7. Leave the rest in the tent vegging for a longer period.

I just figured all the seeds would not pop up. Lets see how many do. I think I will have fewer than 15 and I can always plant a few outside if all the seeds pop up.

I want to post a few pics but i'm leery of LEO getting info from them. Please advise.

If you post from your phone, there is something, GPS?, that you should turn off.

However, I am always amazed that people are paranoid about posting pics. So, curiosity makes me ask this--how exactly do you believe that the police could find out that a pic was even in their jurisdiction and if it was, who it belonged to?

Even if you had some kind of GPS tag on your pic, law enforcement is so localized that it would take a cop from YOUR locale checking the GPS on every picture on every forum that posts pictures hoping to find someone in their jurisdiction....I have been posting pictures on here since 2006. I feel perfectly safe doing it.

If you post from your phone, there is something, GPS?, that you should turn off.

However, I am always amazed that people are paranoid about posting pics. So, curiosity makes me ask this--how exactly do you believe that the police could find out that a pic was even in their jurisdiction and if it was, who it belonged to?

Even if you had some kind of GPS tag on your pic, law enforcement is so localized that it would take a cop from YOUR locale checking the GPS on every picture on every forum that posts pictures hoping to find someone in their jurisdiction....I have been posting pictures on here since 2006. I feel perfectly safe doing it.

When I right click on my pics, properties pops up and has my name in there. That is why I am paranoid. Also, I'm not a computer whizz by no means at all and I do not know if my name is still there when I post a pic.

Thank you Hemp Goddess for making me feel a little better about posting a pic.

yeah and then, say for the sake of argument that they would go through the trouble, how would they know that it's not some guy posting fake pics, or posting from another place than his grow place etc... I think that there are cops roaming growing sites looking for something interesting, like someone with a huge commercial op, i think that large grow ops might be more risky, but a guy growing in his basement, nowadays, is a boring useless piece of info for cops imo. btw, don't any cops smoke up?

:rofl: now I'm imagining cops busting you with these 4 cups

The big thing is not to do something stupid like take a picture with something in the background that could identify you--anything with your name or address on it.

I can't really see how your ventilation is set up, but do not hook up the carbon filter until you need it. It restricts the flow of the fan and has a limited life.

As soon as the seeds sprout, take off the plastic cover and get a small oscillating fan blowing gently on them, like a very light summer breeze.

Latest posts

Back