Bongo's BOMB Newb Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The filter is as high as it can be in the tent and exhaust thru the top vent hole. I do have the exhaust fan running as it is helping me control the temp. It's 75 in there. I must be doing something right as THE 1ST PLANT SPROUTED BEAUTIFUL LITTLE LEAVES.:aok: It's about 1/2" or so out of the soil. I'm keeping the soil damp but not soaked.

I know I made a big mistake planting too many seeds at once but I'll do something. :headbang2::headbang2:

The filter is as high as it can be in the tent and exhaust thru the top vent hole. I do have the exhaust fan running as it is helping me control the temp. It's 75 in there. I must be doing something right as THE 1ST PLANT SPROUTED BEAUTIFUL LITTLE LEAVES.:aok: It's about 1/2" or so out of the soil. I'm keeping the soil damp but not soaked.

I know I made a big mistake planting too many seeds at once but I'll do something. :headbang2::headbang2:

What THG was saying is that you should remove the filter but keep the fan. The plants will emit no odor for several weeks, so the filter isn't doing any good right now. And since the filter only has X amount of usable life in it, you're using it up unnecessarily. It's also decreasing the exhaust flow. When you get close to flowering, then use the filter.

What THG was saying is that you should remove the filter but keep the fan. The plants will emit no odor for several weeks, so the filter isn't doing any good right now. And since the filter only has X amount of usable life in it, you're using it up unnecessarily. It's also decreasing the exhaust flow. When you get close to flowering, then use the filter.

OK I see. I will fix it pronto. Thanks mindtrip.

I disconnected the filter from the exhaust elbow. Found 3 more THC Bombs sprouting. :evil: I gotta tell ya, When I started this project I had NO idea what is involved in a proper indoor grow. Wow, what an education. :farm::) Thanks everyone...:aok:

I disconnected the filter from the exhaust elbow. Found 3 more THC Bombs sprouting. :evil: I gotta tell ya, When I started this project I had NO idea what is involved in a proper indoor grow. Wow, what an education. :farm::) Thanks everyone...:aok:

I'm right there with ya! I'm just over a month into my first grow and I can't begin to tell you how much I've learned from everyone on here. When I first got the idea, I never thought I'd be doing much more than watering a plant in a pot while keeping a light on it. Lots to learn here!

I'm right there with ya! I'm just over a month into my first grow and I can't begin to tell you how much I've learned from everyone on here. When I first got the idea, I never thought I'd be doing much more than watering a plant in a pot while keeping a light on it. Lots to learn here!

LOL that's what I thought. A Little water and a little light.

LOL that's what I thought. A Little water and a little light.

Don't get me wrong...it is that simple. If all you want to do is grow a plant! but if you wanna make it produce to its potential and harvest enough dank to be worth it, then yes it's a little more involved than just a little light and a little water! Lol. The good news is you've found the best place to refine your skills and hopefully help spread your newly learned skills to other new growers out there!

I have an opposite opinion than HighBrix and say, "Yes, it is that hard." This is about a 4 month process and there can be a hundred things that trip you up along the way. Growing cannabis is not like having an indoor house plant or growing tomatoes outdoors. Tomatoes and houseplants are that simple, but cannabis has very specific needs and wants. And there is a vast difference between something "working" and something "working well". Yes, you can grow plants with little food and little light and end up with several grams at the end of your 4 months. Or you could invest in good nutrients and a dialed in grow space and end up with ounces.

While I believe that growing cannabis IS difficult, the rewards are great. There is nothing like growing your own. There is nothing like being able to pick out strains that YOU want to grow. IMO, all the work, time, effort, and money you put into it you will reap back.

So far 7 THC bombs and 1 AK47 have hatched :clap:

i smoke weed in my yard when they drive by last thing I care about is a picture i mean here at the hempfest we smoke weed standing beside cops

I bought some nutes at a local plant growing supply. I bought Roots Organic made by Aurora. One bottle for grow and one for flower. Buddha Grow and Buddha Bloom. How did I do?

While I cant comment on your nute choice, I do know that MJ needs a nute program that is "tailored" to it's needs which are more specific than most annuals. Good luck, I'm excited to see your grow. :)

If they offer a micronutrient solution, I'd get that as well. Oh and with organics its a good idea to feed the microbes as well, they love molasses! I also like to use hygrozyme as well! It is an enzyme that keeps your medium clean by eating used nutrient salts and replenishing them into useable nutes for the plant to uptake! It's a staple in my organic garden. Just remember if you wanna stay organic, then no synthetic nutes can ever be used. As they will kill microbes that live in your soil and feed your plants. I think umbra said it best! "Feed the soil, not the plants", hope I didnt misquote him! Lol

Hey guys,

Just thought I could pass on some information about hygrozyme, Hushpuppy was kinda enough to pass it on to me.

"Hygrozyme is beneficial to all grows whether organic or synthetic (in my opinion) But in the early stages of seedlings, and even through early veg, it isn't very important, especially if you are managing your microbe herd well.

The key to hygrozyme is what it actually is. When microbes break down raw materials and make them available to the plants (a process called chelation), They actually use enzymes that they produce in their bodies to do the chelation process. The enzymes are what actually do the work of chelation. Hygrozyme is the enzymes from these beneficial microbes, which has been farmed and extracted from beneficial microbes, and bottled.

When you add hygrozyme to a medium of hydro application, these enzymes float around and do the same things that they would do if they were being spit out by the microbes that you put in the soil. It is, however, a little more random than the way the microbes would do it. But for your application, where you have seedlings in basically innert medium, the enzymes are just sitting there doing nothing because there is nothing for them to do.

On the other hand, if you are also adding microbes to the medium, then they are going to the plant and forming a symbiosis with the plant at the roots. There still isn't much for them to do yet as there is nothing there for them to chelate other than the medium itself. But once you begin feeding the plants the organic materials, the microbes will go to work grabbing the elements and making them available to the plants.

Later in the grow, as the plants get very big and their demands ffor nutrients goes waay up, the microbe herd may not be able to keep up. At that point the enzymes in the hygrozyme may be quite beneficial as it supplements what the microbes are able to do. The hygrozyme is also good at binding with and locking out some of the more useless chemicals in the medium that may be detrimental to the plant. Although this benefit is far more useful for synthetic grows than organic grows as there is more likely to be a significant amount of unused chems in the synthetic nutrients such as salts.

Since you do seem to be fully organic, I would read up on microbe herd health and focus on taking care of them as they are the caretakers of the plant. I would still use the hygrozyme but only during the flowering when it would really be helpffull as that stuff is quite expensive."

I bought some nutes at a local plant growing supply. I bought Roots Organic made by Aurora. One bottle for grow and one for flower. Buddha Grow and Buddha Bloom. How did I do?

These are organic nutrients. So, EVERYTHING (and I do mean everything) that goes into your grow is going to have to be organic. Synthetic nutrients are chelated, a process that makes the food available to the plants (if the pH is correct). Organic nutrients are not chelated and need to be broken down by microbes that grow in the soil to be usable to the plant. Anything non-organic can kill the healthy microbe herd, which is turning "stuff" into food.

I did not have great luck with the Buddha line, so only used it once, but others do just fine. Remind me what soil you used?

These are organic nutrients. So, EVERYTHING (and I do mean everything) that goes into your grow is going to have to be organic. Synthetic nutrients are chelated, a process that makes the food available to the plants (if the pH is correct). Organic nutrients are not chelated and need to be broken down by microbes that grow in the soil to be usable to the plant. Anything non-organic can kill the healthy microbe herd, which is turning "stuff" into food.

I did not have great luck with the Buddha line, so only used it once, but others do just fine. Remind me what soil you used?

Happy Frog

What about Fox Farms nutes

I would go ahead and use the nutes you have. No reason to not. I used Roots line when i first started.

I would go ahead and use the nutes you have. No reason to not. I used Roots line when i first started.

Well um, well I a, well I went ahead and bought the Fox Farms too. Well there you have it. I gotta tell ya, I'm really, really good at spending money.

I've made up my mind. I'm going to take your advise The Hemp Goddess. Yes, I'm going to keep the best looking plants and possibly keeping both AK47's and 3 THC bombs a total of 5. Please don't tell me I gotta throw away more.:cry::cry::cry: :eek::eek: What would YOU do?

BTW all the plants are sweeet:farm:.

Latest posts

Back