Satori Comparison Grow - Organic vs. Soilless/Synthetic

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been on vacation for 3 days, and the plants have really grown a lot. More pics coming tonight.

I see some weight building up. You got that box full!

Day 95 Update (day 31 of flowering)

As far as size goes, the AN plant is winning by a fair margin.

The organic plant is the picture of health, with absolutely no issues at all. It's a beautiful plant.

But the AN plant is showing signs of nute burn and nute lockout (see the below pic). I can make adjustments to alleviate nute burn, but the nute lockout really worries me. I'd guess that's a pH problem, and the whole reason for me trying AN in the first place was so I'd never have to worry about adjusting pH ever again with their PH Perfect nute line.

These are (of course) Satori plants, and I've been feeding the AN plant at 100% suggested strength (Conniseur GrowAB & BloomAB; plus the Hobbyist Package, which consists of VooDoo Juice, B-52, Big Bud, and Overdrive). I use freshly-drawn tap water, since our water is very clean at 51 PPM.

Could it be that the Hobbyist Package additives are disturbing the pH?

I'm not gonna jump to conclusions yet. I've emailed AN support personnel and described the problem in great detail, and asked for their advice. I should hear back from them sometime tomorrow. I'll post their response.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=231407&stc=1&d=1445471298

View attachment 002.jpg

I can't really say, as I've never liked the taste or smell of burning marijuana. I only smoke it for the feeling. Although I absolutely love the skunky smell of flowering marijuana.

Have you tried a vaporizer?
The taste is a "night and DAY" difference (x100) :vap_smiley:

personally, I even love the small of road-kill skunk because it reminds me of GOOD bud :confused2: LOL

PS
"freshly-drawn tap water" do you let it sit 24 hours before using?

Tap water is generally used to water houseplants. Water at room temperature is preferable. Chemicals present in municipal water sources may cause injury to houseplants. Sometimes this is seen as a browning of leaf tips and margins. Some plant species are more susceptible to this type of damage than others. Filling the watering can and letting the water sit a day or so before using will often allow any harmful chemicals to dissipate.

:48:

Actually Joe, I have always drawn tap water to sit 24 hours before use, until recently. A couple weeks ago, after testing my tap water at 51 PPM, I decided to try using freshly-drawn tap water. Maybe that was a mistake.

are those burnt tips and burning all along the edges of the (otherwise BEAUTIFUL) fan leafs?

are those burnt tips and burning all along the edges of the (otherwise BEAUTIFUL) fan leafs?

It has burnt tips.

It also has a bit of burn and curling-up on the sides of the upper fan leaves.

It also has a bit of inter-vein browning near the tips of a few upper fan leaves.

Otherwise it looks very good.

Day 104 Update (day 40 of flowering)

Here's a pic taken last night. The AN plant is on the left.

I've reduced feeding strength for the AN plant to about 70%, to address the nute burn issue. I'm also giving it water only every third feeding. I have no historical experience with AN, so I'm having to learn as I go along in this grow.

The organic plant has shown no signs of stress, and is the picture of health.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=231573&stc=1&d=1446294763

View attachment 006.jpg

Lookin awesome man.... Very excited to hear the smoke report on these, looks like it's gonna be a nice haul

damn, the AN plant is huge... I'm really looking forward to see a full bud comparison. nice work man, great idea and great follow through...

damn, the AN plant is huge... I'm really looking forward to see a full bud comparison. nice work man, great idea and great follow through...

Thanks sMACk...this has been a fun grow. I've honestly tried to make things as even as possible for both plants. I love organic growing, and will probably grow organically again in the future.

But I've been happy with AN during this grow. Although I certainly need to learn to conduct an AN grow absent of nute burn. And feeding at full-strength during flowering has led to nute burn, at least for the light-feeding Satori strain.

I'll be sure to follow up this grow with reports of harvest weight and smoke report.

Tonight I fed the AN plant with the "end game" formula: Overdrive and Flawless Finish only. No bloom nutes.

Awesome grow. It will be fun to see if there is a taste difference. So you only used super soil? That is so cool. Organics rule. I had a friend bring me a fancy store bought big joint with oil on it. Tasted horrible. I prefer mine to that. Great journal thanks for doing this. Can't wait for the results. Both plants look awesome, btw.

I just started some satori for the first time, I guess this is your first time too HC420, do you think the tops of those colas will fatten up?

Latest posts

Back