Bud rot?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthernGuy

Reaction score
So i just discovered a few on my plants had bud rot. One of them sadly a little too late, well both too late, it reached the main step so I cut half the plant down.

I inspected all my other plants and they seem fine. But the seed podson some of the nugs, not the whole plant, turned brown while the others are green. Is this normal? Or is this the start of bud rot? Ill post a few pics. Please refer to the pic when replying as ill show a few different areas im concerned about.

My phone stopped taking good clear pictures. But right in the middle of this pic u can see half of the seed pod. Atleast that's what I think it is. Is brown. Other plants/part of this plant this seed pod is completely brown. I have no males

View attachment image.jpg

yes those dead hairs are the start of Rot. you sure that is a seed pod and not a swollen callax ??? ( did you pinch one and see if its hard or soft? )

While it is normal to have browning of those, the one pictured looks bad. Can we have a close up? That looks suspicious to me of mold.

Yeah I am inclined to think that is the beginning of some kind of fungal rot. I noticed that the plant is quite "leafy" this can be a real issue for those who grow in very humid climates or in "musty" basements. The key to preventing them getting fungus diseases is lots of dry air movement during flowering. Make them dance. This prevents moisture from building up on pocketed surfaces of the plant where fungal spore can land and germinate.
But if you have already had to cut away bad areas of some plants then you are already infected and in the midst of battle. increasing airflow and proper ventilation will help. The bad thing is that your buds are well under way so spraying antifungals is tricky at this point.

There is a product called "Safer" that offers different "natural" fungicides and pesticides. I would start with that if the buds aren't ready for harvesting. Also, if/when you harvest, you need to dry the buds as quickly as possible(but not so fast that you lock in moisture) to prevent the rot from taking hold during the drying process.

look almost as purple as brown, here.
i wouldn't do any spraying though.. looks fairly close to harvest, no?
i'd just pull em off if they worry you.

they will eventually die/rot. but that location's not much concern.. more if the ones in the buds that may be wilting like that, can cause problems.

They are auto flowing stains. 5-6 weeks flowing. They have been growing since July 1st. The tris are still some clear. Non are Amber color yet but the white hairs are mostly not white

Haha I was donating plasma if that doesn't make sense. The white hairs on the top of the plant on some nugs are all brown or Amber color. And the tris are still clear some cloudy. Lower half of the plants white hairs are all white

5-6 weeks is what the breeder says! Your better off just going by trichs. I harvest my autos in two or 3 separate cuts , top middle lower according to how mature the trichs are

I just repaired one of mine with severe rot in the buds, gently cut off the offending buds, be careful not to disturb the spores, and extract to a safe area, wrap the pot in a trash bag and invert.. then dip your plant in warm water with 10% bleach.. to immediately kill them spores, allow to dry in a warm wind, then apply your daily neem oil spray

good luck

Latest posts

Back