To all the Auto Haters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr.Autoflower

Auto Flower Lover
Reaction score
So whats up with the auto haters on this site? if you dont like autos then y post in the auto section? Just about every post that some says they are gonna grow autos you guys start putting them down hard..... Whats the point of this section? Is it just to discouraging growers from autos now????No wonder most all the auto growers moved

to have you guys say autos arent good and not potent, then me testing my autos aginst regular strains that are around town and seeing my autos are more potent doesnt make to much sense in my books.Russian Rocket Fuel is my favorite medical strain hands down for my ailments and works better then any other cannabis strain ive tried, auto and non auto. ive been told many times that my stuff is better then most kushes around here......

there are adavatages and disadvantages to growing autos and if someones growing style goes with autos better then dont discourage them.

mabey i should start discouraging new growers not to grow regular plants due to new grows having light leak problems or the need for 2 rooms.......

I dont really hate auto just don't see much use for a plant that can't be clones as to be able to sutain a constance supply of meds that are the same. With Auto's you have to start from seeds every grow and seedling are never the exact same as the parent plant was. Yes some autos are pretty consistant but they still have pheno differences from seed to seed that is just the way genetics work.
IMO Autos are the "one night stand" of the genetic world of marijuana they work for the time but just don't make the take home to meet Mom list.

i see many pros and cons. you should do whatever works for you. i do disagree with anyone who tries to discourage another from growing autos. if the yield isnt an issue then why not? i think they are allot of fun. i didnt do to well with my first attempt at autos but its not a "one night stand". i really like the idea of being able to veg and flower in the same area, allowing you to stagger harvests.

If some one wants a endless supply of autos all you gotta do is a breeding which is very easy stuff.I have a 4 year supply from one selctive breeding project. for the small time grower, who only has 1 room, how would they keep a mother plant and clones ? or deal with the sized of regular plants in small cabinate grow?

not everyone has the set up to grow regular cannabis....But you guys act like if you cant get a proper photo period set up you shouldnt even grow......

I cant believe i spent 3 months promoting this site to come back and see this hate and discouragement. What a waste of time.... you guys mise well just remove the auto section or rename it the DONT GROW AUTOS SECTION......

And to the biggest autoflower hater of them all. The Hemp Godess, So for someone who has never grown autos and doesnt seem to know much about them you sure pretty hateful toward them. Mabey you didint know this but autos are alot differnt to grow then photos and ive seen 20year vetrains do pretty bad jobs on auto grows. which comes out as bunky or B+ at best. So if you do a sh** job growing autos it will come out that way, and i know this by experience so it sound like you friend aint a good auto grower. my proof is i have many ppl who smoked mine and saying the complete opposite from you. So who are new auto growers to beilive on the matter, someone who has never grown autos ever or someone who grown autos pretty much since they hit the market?

O and for the record ive never heard anyone say Lowryder or White Dwarf were a potent or good strains, ive heard the complete opposite......So if you think those are top auto strains then you obviously dont follow whats going on in the autoflower world.....

theres even a hint of hate in the section description "A section for the instant gratification crowd"

Im just very unempressed guys.I used to call this Forum my home and #1 on the net and #1 autoflower forum around.But it Seems like you haters are just whiping it out and pissn on the floor, metaphorically speaking. Wow this place has changed......

I enjoy growing autos, I recommend them to new growers all the time as they take less room, need less nutes and light leaks wont turn them herm, 2 of the top problems I see new growers have are light and nute problems. Im glad you made this post. It dose feel like people are kinda swaying new growers away from growing autos.

Dr.Drew said:
I enjoy growing autos, I recommend them to new growers all the time as they take less room, need less nutes and light leaks wont turn them herm, 2 of the top problems I see new growers have are light and nute problems. Im glad you made this post. It dose feel like people are kinda swaying new growers away from growing autos.
correct dr.

Im not the only one on this site feelin this way......

Dr.Autoflower said:
theres even a hint of hate in the section description "A section for the instant gratification crowd"

Im just very unempressed guys.I used to call this Forum my home and #1 on the net and #1 autoflower forum around.But it Seems like you haters are just whiping it out and pissn on the floor, metaphorically speaking. Wow this place has changed......

To take a line from no'cal'hal... "Comon' meow"....;)
I don't see giving an honest and "experienced" opinion as "hating".
Because they, "IME" are less potent, lower yeilding, and impossible to maximize, and because thg has, along with other experienced growers, stated their opinions. Does NOT make haters.
You came to MP about six months ago, without a clue, without any, or very little, experience growing mj. The member that you are "hating" on, have been growing for decades. "I" trust "their" opinions :) and I trust "my" experienced opinion.

Don't come here with a chip on your shoulder, because your opinion differs. You are free to express your views. But don't expect everyone to have the same as you, or agree with you. To "me", it looks like 'you' are the one .."whipping it out, and pissin'"... on MP's floor. :eek: (a friendly bit of advice, don't piss the janitor off)..:hubba:

It is simply a fact, that you can obtain a nearlly identical turn around time with donors and clones.
Clones can be flowered small and harvested in just as small an area.
You will be able to grow genetically identical plants multiple times, thus allowing you to maximize the strain/pheno potential.
You will never have a worry about sexing, a loss of plants/yield, by male popping up. You won't have the worry, the chore, or the gamble of selecting or "hopefully" producing the proper, best, subject for making seeds.
Seeds are "ALWAYS" a gamble.

MP is still the best on the net. Providing honest and unbiased opinions from experience, not because it is popular, or because someone is promoting it, or it is the fad, or latest thing.
Providing folks with the knowledge that they have a feasable and possibly 'better' option from photo-period plants, is only conscientious and helpfull posting.

Hick said:
To take a line from no'cal'hal... "Comon' meow"....;)
I don't see giving an honest and "experienced" opinion as "hating".
Because they, "IME" are less potent, lower yeilding, and impossible to maximize, and because thg has, along with other experienced growers, stated their opinions. Does NOT make haters.
You came to MP about six months ago, without a clue, without any, or very little, experience growing mj. The member that you are "hating" on, have been growing for decades. "I" trust "their" opinions :) and I trust "my" experienced opinion.

Don't come here with a chip on your shoulder, because your opinion differs. You are free to express your views. But don't expect everyone to have the same as you, or agree with you. To "me", it looks like 'you' are the one .."whipping it out, and pissin'"... on MP's floor. :eek: (a friendly bit of advice, don't piss the janitor off)..:hubba:

It is simply a fact, that you can obtain a nearlly identical turn around time with donors and clones.
Clones can be flowered small and harvested in just as small an area.
You will be able to grow genetically identical plants multiple times, thus allowing you to maximize the strain/pheno potential.
You will never have a worry about sexing, a loss of plants/yield, by male popping up. You won't have the worry, the chore, or the gamble of selecting or "hopefully" producing the proper, best, subject for making seeds.
Seeds are "ALWAYS" a gamble.

MP is still the best on the net. Providing honest and unbiased opinions from experience, not because it is popular, or because someone is promoting it, or it is the fad, or latest thing.
Providing folks with the knowledge that they have a feasable and possibly 'better' option from photo-period plants, is only conscientious and helpfull posting.
Ive been on MP since 2008. Im just really wondering what the point of this auto section is? Seems pretty pointless if you guys just want to discourage ppl from autos. How am i "pissn on the MP floor"? I was the one who asked for autoflower section after the crash and tried to rebuild by getting new auto growers to join. but i come back and see all this discouragement toward autos.
and like I said ive seen 20 year vetrans do auto grows with edit result due to autos being alot differnt to grow, and if you have a sh*ty auto grow it will be sh*ty weed, if you do it right it will be hella dank.....

O and one more thing the number of plants you have is a legal gamble to some, have 6 plants flowering 6 cloneing and 1 mother could mean jail time for some, some ppl cant have 2 rooms, some dont have the means for light proof grow rooms, some ppl produce more in a small area with autos compared to photos.... im sure we could play the pros and cons game all night

I was put off by Hick's comments as I always thought he spoke from knowledge of facts. I too, am discouraged with MP and come back from time to time only because I have friends here. I too, used to speak highly of MP but I haven't able to lately. It's still a good site but no longer great, IMO. I used to frequent the site a couple of times a day but that has changed to maybe once or twice a week. It seems like people want or need to pick others faults out to the extent that they will even exagerate.

Autos have thier place and are here to stay. If you don't like them you don't have to make it your business. If you want to pick apart somebody, there are sites out there that would love to have you and you would be made to feel at home there.

This site used to be friendly and most everyone used to boost moral rather than knock on someones likes or dislikes. I hope someday that those in position will see the changes that is occuring here and try to make things better rather than promote the downhill spiral like Hick just did.

"2008" my apologies!..:eek: I was mistaken.

you're right, we could do the pro/con thing all day long. So,...I'm not even going to address what "I" think is inaccurate in your reply. :hubba:
And like I said, providing folks with another 'real' option, and expressing honest and experienced opinions, is only conscientious and informative posting.
You're kinda' starting to sound like the cfl growers that claim members are "haters" if they provide contrary evidence to their 'beliefs'.
No one has said "Don't grow autos. They are all junk"..."I" think they have a 'nich'. They possibly serve a very limited few their "only" option.
But providing folks with the knowledge that they (most) have another option, that might better serve their needs, shouldn't be perceived as haters.

niteshft said:
I was put off by Hick's comments as I always thought he spoke from knowledge of facts. I too, am discouraged with MP and come back from time to time only because I have friends here. I too, used to speak highly of MP but I haven't able to lately. It's still a good site but no longer great, IMO. I used to frequent the site a couple of times a day but that has changed to maybe once or twice a week. It seems like people want or need to pick others faults out to the extent that they will even exagerate.

Autos have thier place and are here to stay. If you don't like them you don't have to make it your business. If you want to pick apart somebody, there are sites out there that would love to have you and you would be made to feel at home there.

This site used to be friendly and most everyone used to boost moral rather than knock on someones likes or dislikes. I hope someday that those in position will see the changes that is occuring here and try to make things better rather than promote the downhill spiral like Hick just did.

I'm sorry that you don't like my honesty niteshift. Maybe you could point out where I have not spoken from "knowledge and fact"?? Or where I hve or anyone on the staff or senior members, have, tried to do anything "but" encourage folks to provide for themselves in the most efficient, most lucrative way that our combined experience and knowledge can provide.
I said what "I" have found, through "my" experiences.

This thread was started for 1 reason and that is to REMIND ppl that this section is here to help ppl not discourage......or so i thought..... I wont lie, im pretty shocked about that comment Hick. What i took from its was you feel its fine to discourage growers in the section put there to help....and im retarded for standing up and saying somthing defending my hobby and better follow along with everyones auto discouraging or else.....

Are you for real man? and then you make a false statment about my growing skills for asking questions 6 months ago (the last questions i asked on MP by the way). Hick, cant you see where Im coming from here?

Dr.Autoflower said:
This thread was started for 1 reason and that is to REMIND ppl that this section is here to help ppl not discourage......or so i thought..... I wont lie, im pretty shocked about that comment Hick. What i took from its was you feel its fine to discourage growers in the section put there to help....and im retarded for standing up and saying somthing defending my hobby and better follow along with everyones auto discouraging or else.....

Are you for real man? and then you make a false statment about my growing skills for asking questions 6 months ago (the last questions i asked on MP by the way). Hick, cant you see where Im coming from here?

WHAT COMMENT??.. :confused2:

Sorry, I just don't see where "discouragement" is coming from?? I haven't purposely discouraged or intentionally offended anyones choices. The section is here to 'help' people that make the 'choice' to grow autos. And, it is serving that purpose.
I don't think it was intended as a venue to "promote" them, though. Not IMO.
.....and I apologized for mis-representing your "experience". I said avsolutely nothing about your "skills"..:)

You dont see where the discouragements coming from? Ive see ppl asking questions about autos and 4 to 5 ppl jumpin saying autos are a waste of time, rip offs and they need to get a 2 room setup with clones mother plants.If your telling me thats not discouragement then what is?and also this coming from the head guy at MP adds to the discouragement to new growers. Im sure every auto grower on here sees the discouragement going on....

To "me", it looks like 'you' are the one .."whipping it out, and pissin'"... on MP's floor. (a friendly bit of advice, don't piss the janitor off)..

:yeahthat:

ozzydiodude said:
IMO Autos are the "one night stand" of the genetic world of marijuana they work for the time but just don't make the take home to meet Mom list.
:spit:
I have never seen it put that way, but wow that's my sentiments exactly.

I read of people that complain of the space it needs to keep a mother and/or clones. Fact is it takes hardly any space at all to keep a mom or two. 60w and a 2'x2' x30" space is all you will ever need to keep a small grow jamming every 2 months.
As far as plant count every MMJ law I read has provisions for clones and make it so that they are not counted as the same as plants.
So that excuse is a moot point.

I can see the benefits of autoflowers. but really I can only see them being good for outdoor. two-three harvests a year isn't a bad gig.
Indoor I'll never understand the point.

Autoflower vs regular argument is the same as the organic vs chemical argument....it will never have a conclusion and will be debated till the end of time.

Dr.Autoflower said:
autos are a waste of time, rip offs..... and also this coming from the head guy at MP ...

Please show me where I said this?.. I 'have' said they are less desirable "IMO", and have provided a reasonable option for "most" people.
Just because I'm not on the "auto" band wagon, doesn't mean I'm discouraging ppl from growing them. I just don't to promote them as a 'best' option for 'most' ppl.
I'm allowed to give my opinion still, right?.. I'm not trying to be mean, or discourage anyone from growing.

As far as plant count every MMJ law I read has provisions for clones and make it so that they are not counted as the same as plants.
So that excuse is a moot point.
"one" mother/donor and one or two clones vegged, will keep # minimal and provide quality yield..:eek:nfused2:...

Dr.Autoflower said:
You dont see where the discouragements coming from? Ive see ppl asking questions about autos and 4 to 5 ppl jumpin saying autos are a waste of time, rip offs and they need to get a 2 room setup with clones mother plants.If your telling me thats not discouragement then what is?and also this coming from the head guy at MP adds to the discouragement to new growers. Im sure every auto grower on here sees the discouragement going on....

If steering a newb to a path that maximizes growing and makes it so they are not stuck buying femd autos at 10 bucks a seed grow after grow after grow isn't being helpful I don't know what is.
It does NOT take 2 rooms to keep a mom and clones. A lil veg cab is all it takes.
I will OPENLY admit that I despise femd auto flowers, femd seeds. I will also OPENLY admit that I discourage autoflowers for an indoor grower. This is from experience. I have grown 16 week flowering sativas to 8 week indicas, grown autos indoor and out, and have thrown away more clones then I couldn't even come close to counting.
indica dom clones...even autos can't compete in speed, yield, and potency when it is dialed in. Plain and simple truth. Want to really pound it out indica dom in an ebb n flo hydro. I've yet to see anything else compete with turn around.

For an outdoor grower I recommend Autoflower with regular. The auto's help guarantee some harvest for the year.

Latest posts

Back