hermie?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hermies are yellow bananas that form in later stages of flower. This is just a male.

I usually buy regular seeds, veg for 6-8 weeks until sexed then flip to flower. Where did you get these seeds?

this is not correct

A hermie is a plant the displays both sex...this can happen anytime after they are sexually mature....I see both sexes on the pictures shown

They are both the same. My entire grow is a waste. Since I have no way to obtain stable clones what am I supposed to do? Germ a bunch of seeds and flower them to sex and then reveg?

I am a bit confused. In post 7 you say it is the same plant, but now you are saying that the pics are of 2 different plants?

I had this happen once, where a fem seed turned out to be full blown male. I don't know if you have any other course, if you cannot get clones from somewhere, than planting seeds and sexing them or trying some other fem seeds. You will not have to grow them sex them, and them put them back to reveg though--there are other ways we can talk about if you decide to go that route. I am so sorry this happened to you. When I say that there are a hundred little things on the way to harvest to trip you up, you now understand a part of what can go wrong, even when you have not done anything wrong. If I was the clone queen, I would try to get you some rooted clones, but I am still struggling--the clone god is angry at me for some reason.

Hermies do not always just pop nanners late in flowering. Hermies can produce male parts any time. It is always a good idea to be on the lookout for them. I would be writing to Barney's and complaining loudly. If a plant hermies, it is one thing and can be the result of something the grower did wrong. But when a fem seed turns out to be a full blown male, the breeder needs to know. I hope they will make it right.....but now you are probably a bit leery of their fems, and for good reason.

Latest posts

Back