My grow room...should i get a new one?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yess ur right pva is the best for these things. I have a gallon.

Thanks for ur infos zem and mods!

So marc, listen to those guys. THG taught me almost everything i know about growing pot. And i grow some goood pot. lol

Hahahaha i will dudette i will!

Panda plastic is an easy, cheap reflector for inside the cab. You could wrap the outside in it to, black side out, if your trying to light proof.

What's the foam for?

KsL, i'm going to use something similar to panda plastic. I will post it soon, i just need to finish my exams

I found that I like flat white paint as well as anything. I started out many many moons ago with mylar, which I came to hate. It is simply so hard to work with, does not clean well, and only has those great reflective numbers if it is hung straight with no wrinkles (almost an impossibilitgy). From there, I went on to panda film. I liked it, but you still had to attach it t the walls somehow, leaving nail/staple holes and/or tape residue. Now, I just keep flat white paint around. It is incredibly cheap, washes well, is available everywhere, and is so easy to deal with when you need to take a grow room down . I am still cussing some self stick mylar that was in a grow closet I recently had to turn back into a real closet.

I am not sure what you are planning on using, but keep in mind that just bcause something looks reflective does not mean it is. For instance, flat white paint is far superior at reflecting light back than glossy paint. Foil is also a very poor reflector of light. So before you buy something that. might look reflective (but might now be), make sure that it is going to do what you want it to. I would suggest passing your ideas by the people here to be sure you do not buy something that looks reflective but is not.

I'm gonna buy 1 board, take a picture of it and then you'll help me. Thanks THG

Agreed, panda plastic is still pretty annoying.

I do find it handy for its light blocking ability though, reflectivity wise the paint is more permanent and easier to clean for sure but it doesn't help block light leaks. I always overlap the seams in my cab with panda plastic, it's an easy way to lightproof.

My favorite use for it though is building a custom fit shallow pan on the bottom of the cab, a back up tray that'll stop anything from hitting the floor even in the worst case scenario.

I see... i will try to buy it also and the good thing that its cheap! Not bad idea guys

This reflection thing is taking way too much planning IMO. for the interior of that small box, all you would need is a small amount of flat white paint and a brush, it cant get any cheaper. for light proofing, you can use foil tape on the corners from the outside, to make it more rigid, PVA is your answer, using that same brush you used for painting and maybe some little water to thin the pva some. You might even find it fun, and do the exterior just for the looks of it :D if you mean by boards, the white polystyrene boards, they are not reflective but paintable. they will not really solve the lightproofing issue. the tricky part is the door, but panda film cannot solve that anyway, you either need a legit door or a foolproof methid like a black curtain over your door. i hope this helps

I used white foam, the most white one and used glue and everything is going fine till now

White foam is white but not nearly as reflective as matt white paint. the good news: you can easily paint over it to increase reflection. You will only notice the difference if you had side by side controlled environment, but it is science, the more reflection=more light=more growth

Yea ur right zem, i will make these things after my exams.

Latest posts

Back