T5 builds?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbr7515

Reaction score
Anyone here build there own? Been thinking about it myself. I opened up my expensive 4 foot fixture to see what's inside.. looks pretty straight forward

I assume you are referring to HO T5 right? Never built them myself but I bet they are not hard to build. Honestly I love my HO T5`s but if I had to build lights I would build LED lights. Jmo.

Right. The Ho t5.. I have tons of lights. Led to hid to t5. I just get bored and want to build something lol. The t5 at the moment would be more needed than anything else. I like the idea of custome lights .And I have a small led diy going at the moment.. testing phase. Will be used in cloning area

yes it is straight forward, I have built several types of fluoro tubes, you basically need the fixture or reflector that holds the lamp and its ballast, then you need the lamp, ballast, and power cord. The electronic ballasts are straight forward wiring, make sure you get it of good quality. I don't know how much you save by building them if any, I only happened to build them because i had old ones refurbished for their fixtures

Custom build a light mixed with T5s and LEDS. That would be cool.

Latest posts

Back